Spyderco Fakes & Knock Offs Info

Spyderco Tactical Knife S30V Plain Edge Blade Aluminum Handle

C1567-1.jpg

:eek: when i saw that I thought it was strange that a knockoff would use a good quality steel like s30v. Googled the name, found the site, scrolled down,
look at this:

Blade thickness: 3mm/ 1-1/4'' Blade material: 420J2 Hardness: 57HRC

whats more is on the sidebar I saw a so called "Ka Bar USMC". I know this part is not about spyderco, but want to let you guys know because it looks like the whole site is a shambles.

Since when does Ka Bar put a white (probably painted on) EGA on the blade?
20111622.jpg

scroll down, and what do i see:
" Blade material: 420J2 "

looked at other knives they had, same thing
I would actually consider buying a knife from these people to use as a dive knife (that is if I sucba dived, don't yet, hope to) but I am afraid that they would not even ship the fake and steal the money instead. If anyone here has bought anything from these people, let me know if they actually were at least somewhat honest.

I went to the homepage and saw this:
"Knife911.com is a factory devoted to the supply of Famous Knife, Pocket/Folding Knife,We have 80 years history to HandMade Knives.Exported to the world. Design By King Fo Sword."

i don't get it, are these supposed to be handmade replicas? In which case it would be alright if they make that fact clear and get permission from the manufacturers they're copying. Or is what it seems to me is true and their just scamming a lot of people?

I just checked out that Knife911 site, and I honestly could not stop laughing. I was especially amused by one of the Microtech descriptions; not that it was advertised S30V and was actually 420J2, but the fact that they mis-spelled "plain" as "plian". C'mon, if you're gonna make knock-offs, at least use spell check.

I also can't find any info on the site as to whether or not they have any sort of approval to make these "replicas", so as far as I can see, they are legitimate knocks.

what about the Native 1st Generation BRK ..... i know this is a collab. but the quality sux......

this is mine......... still a lot of heavy duty in it

dscn0102j.jpg

I got to thinking as I browsed this thread. If they don't use the Spyderco name and/or logo on the knife or packaging, is there really anything unethical going on? If not, I would consider many to be "homage" knives. Is it lame that they are riding Spyderco's proverbial coat tails? Sure...but that's capitalism for ya. This happens in the watch industry all the time.

My sincerest apologies if this is the wrong place to bring this up. It just seemed pertinent. Mods can feel free to delete or move with no hard feelings on my end.

-Jay

Jay,

I can relate to you, from personal experience, that the "fakemascus" Native look-alike not only has the spyderco logo on the knife, it comes in a box heavily marked with the spyderco name.

David.

Hey, is that the new Crapmascus steel? :D

It's actually a carbon steel. Disgusting ethics, rather surprisingly sharp blade. Sharper than my standard Native, in fact.

The handle is clearly substandard. The profile outline may look the same but the handle is completely flat lengthways; the regular Native has a shaped handle with swells and reliefs lengthways to fill your hand.

DealExtreme have a bunch of these Spyderdrones. Really quite sad.

David.

Here's a disturbing fake of the Warrior. Notice what they say the handle material is. Did not put up the link as it is an active listing. :barf:

Full Tang Sawtooth Tactical Survival Hunting Knife

OVERALL LENGTH: 29.6 CM
BLADE LENGTH: 16.5 CM
BLADE THICKNESS: 0.6 CM (strong built)
BLADE STEEL: 420 J 2
BLADE HARDNESS: 57 HRC

HANDLE: Micarta

SHEATH: Cow Leather

THE CHOICEST ITEM

Warriorfake2.jpg

Warriorfake.jpg

Wattiorfake1.jpg

Crazy bunch of people who make these fakes... That 'Spyderco' Warrior disgust me and pisses me off, i don't know why.

Dont buy from Ebay. There are too many reliable companies that offer the original product. Chinese...

They must use a Chinese to English translator to mess it all up like that.

I wonder how many disappointed people send in these fakes to Spyderco expecting warranty issues they have to be fixed, only to find out they bought a fake.

Back