Spyderco Manix 2 broken ball lock cage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Troll. Figured as much....definitely a troll though internet tough guy who plays the victim. Don't want to solve a problem you just want to beat on your chest how great at knives you are. Ignore function is a great feature of the forum...
Dude are you kidding me. I’m the troll? Nope. That would be you. I’m not beating my chest or saying I’m perfect. I’m just saying I’m no idiot and I know what I’m doing. I’m not playing the victim. As for the video you shared that’s for maintaining the NEWER manix with the different spring design. So that video does nothing for anyone

Dude are you kidding me. I’m the troll? Nope. That would be you. I’m not beating my chest or saying I’m perfect. I’m just saying I’m no idiot and I know what I’m doing. I’m not playing the victim. As for the video you shared that’s for maintaining the NEWER manix with the different spring design. So that video does nothing for anyone

Maybe you should just threaten him some more with your scarey punching skills?

Except for the superglue part of course. Not sure how that fits into the "know what I'm doing" category.

The older Manix' were backlock designs, both the large and the small, so I'm not sure where you are getting 2 springs from. You may be confusing Benchmade's 2 omega springs with Spyderco's 1 coiled spring.

You are saying that you are not doing, what you are doing in the first place. Are you trolling or really looking for knife advice? A picture says a thousand words.......

The older Manix' were backlock designs, both the large and the small, so I'm not sure where you are getting 2 springs from. You may be confusing Benchmade's 2 omega springs with Spyderco's 1 coiled spring.

You are saying that you are not doing, what you are doing in the first place. Are you trolling or really looking for knife advice? A picture says a thousand words.......
I only use this forum on my phone and forget which app lets me obtain a url for photos..and I think you’re right. I’ve taken apart a manix before I don’t remember it having this spring set up. But then again I was probably taking my grip 555-1 apart. But anyways I have a lock back manix, the new black cage bbl manix and then the broken 154cm manix.which is laying around in parts in a box. I apologize for my frustrations, it’s just difficult when others assume things that aren’t true. Mainly from yo mama. But anyways I wasn’t trolling. I just mixed up spring mechs on two different knives. It’s just weird because I don’t remember my other manix ever having the spring setup like this. Maybe I’m losing my mind haha

The 154CM saber grind Manix 2 has the exact same spring/cage/ball bearing setup as all the newer Manix' you can get today. Unfortunately, with a broken cage, it sounds like you're going to have to send your Manix in to Golden.

Here's my XL that was one of the first made. Doesn't even have milled liners. One spring.
2evgi7r.jpg

Best bet is to send it in to Spyderco. I'm 80% sure they'll fix it for you, but I'm 100% sure you'll have to pay $25(20 for the repair, 5 for shipping). I sent my Domino in and it was about 10 days when it showed back up. Very quick turnaround.

Best bet is to send it in to Spyderco. I'm 80% sure they'll fix it for you, but I'm 100% sure you'll have to pay $25(20 for the repair, 5 for shipping). I sent my Domino in and it was about 10 days when it showed back up. Very quick turnaround.
Report back after you do this. Stay on topic without extra opinions to keep drama down. Look forward to hearing about your warranty experience.

I only use this forum on my phone and forget which app lets me obtain a url for photos..and I think you’re right. I’ve taken apart a manix before I don’t remember it having this spring set up. But then again I was probably taking my grip 555-1 apart. But anyways I have a lock back manix, the new black cage bbl manix and then the broken 154cm manix.which is laying around in parts in a box. I apologize for my frustrations, it’s just difficult when others assume things that aren’t true. Mainly from yo mama. But anyways I wasn’t trolling. I just mixed up spring mechs on two different knives. It’s just weird because I don’t remember my other manix ever having the spring setup like this. Maybe I’m losing my mind haha

Honestly whatever you say or do the only way you are going to get a new cage is sending it into Spyderco. As you noted only Spyderco will determine whether or not repair is covered by warranty.

Everyone who owns it complains that the ball cage snaps.

So, you are saying all people who own this knife have this problem.

Not even close to true.

Kid, you need to calm down and take the advice you asked for. Send it in. Might have even had it back by now.

You folks need to stop addressing one another and address the topic only.
More threats will lead to infractions or summary banning. We don't do that here.

So, you are saying all people who own this knife have this problem.

Not even close to true.

Kid, you need to calm down and take the advice you asked for. Send it in. Might have even had it back by now.
Okay listen here kid. I’m saying I’ve encountered more people who have had it break on them than people who have had no problem. This is old news though little buddy so there’s no point in talking about it anymore.

You folks need to stop addressing one another and address the topic only.
More threats will lead to infractions or summary banning. We don't do that here.
can you close this thread please? All the responses are more annoying than helpful anyway

can you close this thread please? All the responses are more annoying than helpful anyway
What exactly were you expecting? The best suggestion , which you received multiple times, was to send it to Spyderco for repair.

If it is a known defect, like you say, I'm sure they will repair it free of charge.

Why don't you want to send it to Spyderco for repair?

Okay listen here kid. I’m saying I’ve encountered more people who have had it break on them than people who have had no problem. This is old news though little buddy so there’s no point in talking about it anymore.
Carried mine for years without ever having that problem, of course I never took mine apart or filled it with super glue, so.....

This thread is suspect. The first thing I would do if a product failed due to a known defect, that has affected the majority of the product , would be to send it to the manufacturer for warranty covered repair. Trying to mess with it yourself will most likely void the warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back