Spyderco Manix 2 saved my A$$!

Couple questions for you. Was the guy average build or no? My guess is that being a crack addict he was probably thin, yes? Was he wearing a coat or did the blade go right through a T-shirt? Wondering what the blade had to go through before it penetrated.
guy had on a t shirt and a gray sweatshirt like jacket with black denim sleeves . he is 5'9 200 pounds. he was pretty stocky. good question.

They have yet to capture the guy but his picture was posted in the newspaper today so now everyone knows what to look out for. thank you friends and i will keep you posted.

That's one heckuva story Bud, just read it. Hope they catch the SOB and put him away for a long time. Good work with quick thinking and for (YES) having a good blade on you.

Take care, the both of you...heal up and get well!!

That's one heckuva story Bud, just read it. Hope they catch the SOB and put him away for a long time. Good work with quick thinking and for (YES) having a good blade on you.

Take care, the both of you...heal up and get well!!

I have to say. I consider myself somewhat of a pacifist. That said, I'm considering my EDC in terms of quick deployment now. What works better, the Benchmade 710 with the thumstud or my trusty stainless steel handled Spyderco Stretch with the massive thumhole... I'm sure each will hold lock-wise. Hmm....

Well done.:thumbup:
If it had happened in this stupid country (UK) you'd have probably been arrested for carrying an offensive weapon and worse. I'm really glad most States in the US have more sensible self-defence law than we have on this island, but things are very slowly changing here.. sort of:(

I have to say. I consider myself somewhat of a pacifist. That said, I'm considering my EDC in terms of quick deployment now. What works better, the Benchmade 710 with the thumstud or my trusty stainless steel handled Spyderco Stretch with the massive thumhole... I'm sure each will hold lock-wise. Hmm....

Either would do, although truthfully I'd want the 710, just preference, but the Stretch might deploy faster using the more intuitive Spydie hole in place of trying to find the thumbstud in a panic-filled situation.

Still bad all around the the OP and his wife. Again hope both emotional and physical healing are going well for them.

Well done.

If it had happened in this stupid country (UK) you'd have probably been arrested for carrying an offensive weapon and worse. I'm really glad most States in the US have more sensible self-defence law than we have on this island, but things are very slowly changing here.. sort of

Every time GB thinks they have civilization together, along come the barbarians to set them straight, eh?

I fear this country is headed down that cyclical path, too.

Great news!!! everyone.They picked up the perp on the 3rd of July,and he is being held without bond. God bless all of you for you support.

That is great news. Hopefully he's locked up long enough to realize the path he chose was not the right one. I still don't get how a person can willingly cause harm to another person (or animal for that matter). I feel bad when I kill bugs in my house, I even apologize to them before I do it!

Having served in the Army for 21 active years and 15 in the Reserve, I can tell you with experience that you are in the less than 1% of the population who has the in-built capability to fight back whilst under mortal physical attack. More than 99% of the population would have given in after the first blow. It takes courage to do what you did and my complements to you Sir.

You DO have a good attorney, audioboy, right? There is a good chance you could be sued by the perp or his family...

You DO have a good attorney, audioboy, right? There is a good chance you could be sued by the perp or his family...

I sure do. thanks for your support..i am going to take a break from posting for a while. when the time comes and i receive all the details i will let you all know. thank you all so much. I also want to thank all those hardworking police and servicemen who put themselves in the line of danger everyday on our behalf.:)

Wow, what a story. I'm glad you and your wife are ok and recovering. I'm very impressed with your reaction to the assault. Way to go. Here's wishing for a speedy recovery. I hope they throw the book as the SOB.

wow! glad you're alright! why weren't you carrying the glock anyway? you sir, are a badass :thumbup:

Back