Spyderco Manix 2 saved my A$$!

I'm glad your OK and a big thumbs up for your quick thinking.
Lets hope the Scum Bag has bled out by now..

I'm glad your OK and a big thumbs up for your quick thinking.
Lets hope the Scum Bag has bled out by now..

whatever gets him off the streets, i am concerned because its forth of july weekend and people tend to let their guard down during the holidays. thanks for the thumbs up friend.

That was good and fast thinking. I have been sucker punched and I know how hard it is to be reactive in that type of situation, the initial force can really stun you.I'm impressed that you were able to do that.

Good job on being safe, but I think you made a major typo:
You typed knife when you obviously meant to type gun.:D

Good that you and your wife are both safe. I hope the attacker's wound becomes infected, since he will probably get arrested if he shows up at an ER with a wound that matches his description.

You're very lucky to live where you do, if I defended myself in the same way here, I would probably get arrested for assault.

Glad to hear that both you and your wife are ok. Good reaction under extreme stress. The perp thought you were a victim.......it turned out exactly the opposite......WELL DONE:thumbup:

You are one of the very few members of BF who can GENUINELY CLAIM to have used a knife in SD........;)

Glad to hear that both you and your wife are ok. Good reaction under extreme stress. The perp thought you were a victim.......it turned out exactly the opposite......WELL DONE:thumbup:

You are one of the very few members of BF who can GENUINELY CLAIM to have used a knife in SD........;)

My good friend wants to get a pocket knife now for self defense. This is what i wrote to him.

"i only carry a pocket knife as a tool for utility purposes and i have a lot of practice deploying it and using it under high stress. if you do carry one make sure you are responsible and take the time to practice knife etiquette, deployment, and maintain the steel because it can help you in any number of emergencies. It can easily be taken away and used against you. it was my absolute last resort. i would have ran away had my wife not been in the car. I would have taken a hundred tire irons to the face for her." ... ;)

thank you for the kind words.

thank you for the kind words.

My pleasure bud......you deserve them and a lot more for keeping scum like that off the street and your family safe......:thumbup:

All the best and you both get well soon..........:)
Steven

Holy smokes. I hope I have the presence of mind if the time ever comes. With the unemployment these days, I fear the frequency of such attacks are only likely to increase. Glad you were prepared, willing and able.

Holy smokes. With the unemployment these days, I fear the frequency of such attacks are only likely to increase.

I have some experience and dealings with unemployed people and criminally inclined people(I assist local LEOs in an intelligence gathering capacity). In my limited experience, I have found that criminally inclined are criminally inclined whatever the state of their finances are. Our country has a very high unemployment rate but it is very seldom that a person who has been working responsibly for years who has lost a job will turn to criminal activities even in dire need. It is usually people who have a long history of criminal activity, mostly with rap sheets from when they were juveniles, who perpetrate muggings and other violent criminal activities. Of course I am not familiar with things over there but this are just random musings from me.

Wow, what a story. Glad you are safe and made it out. I wish you (and your wife) a speedy recovery.

My Spyderco Saver Salt has literally saved my life twice.

My Meadowlark Rescue may have done the same, it's questionable if I could have seen anyone else.

I'm glad I've never had to use a knife on a person, and I hope to never trust my luck and skills to be as good as yours.

Be safe and God Bless.

My Spyderco Saver Salt has literally saved my life twice.

My Meadowlark Rescue may have done the same, it's questionable if I could have seen anyone else.

I'm glad I've never had to use a knife on a person, and I hope to never trust my luck and skills to be as good as yours.

Be safe and God Bless.

thank you friend, i hope no one has to ever go through that type of experience.

Hope that punk spreads news to his other punk friends that there ARE some people who wont be intimidated by thugs.

Btw, Heres another good example of why we should be allowed to carry (open or concealed) a firearm.

This story has gotten my Endura 4 Wave a lot more pocket time

Back