Spyderco packaging

LSUisSEC

Gold Member
Basic Member
Am i the only one who feels Spyderco goes extremely cheap on packaging? I realize you arent spending money on a box, but after recieving knives from Civivi, Benchmade, and even Finch, it stands out how low quality it is feom Spyderco. The price you pay for how it is presented doesn’t match. Hell, at least send out a sticker for your brand. I love the company and their knives, and i know it’s a petty nitpick, but just something i thought about.

I think most spyderco lovers probably don't care about presentation, they care about fit & finish and function.

Not to say they couldn't do it or it wouldn't be welcomed but since prices are creeping up I'd prefer them not to raise prices for a cheap nylon pouch or polyester baggie.

I like them exactly as they are (but I'd like a sticker on more than just dealer exclusives). They're inexpensive, simple, easily to tell apart from fakes, and they're compact enough to hoard the boxes from all of your knives :)

bXv6Rtj.jpg

In general, I could give a rip, but I just got a new Province recently and it was basically impossible to open without ripping the cardboard all to pieces. That's how you know the Province will be ultra collectible in it's original packaging.

Of course, I am a ham fisted hillbilly so maybe it's just me. :oops:

I really dont want a drawer full of zip pouches either, i just always found it odd that you get rhe same presentation for a $200 product from Golden, that you do for a $55 one from china. Boring day and just thinking too much into things i suppose.

You know who's cheap on packaging? TOPS Knives. You get a knife the size of a truck bumper, and it comes in a heat sealed clear plastic bag.

I wouldn't want Spyderco to change a thing. They know where to put the money when they make a knife. It goes into the mechanical engineering, steel and heat treatment. As long as I get an intact box with a model number that stacks in a closet easily, I'm GTG.

I think the quality of the package should match the quality of the knife.
What's an extra buck or two?

Back