Spyderco packaging

I like Spyderco's packaging. Very classy red and black box, gold Spydie logo, foam insert, bubble wrap, what's not to like? I buy the knife, not the box.

I like Spyderco's packaging. Very classy red and black box, gold Spydie logo, foam insert, bubble wrap, what's not to like? I buy the knife, not the box.
Same here. I like the Spyderco box. I have no interest in paying extra for some elaborate packaging. Keep the money in the knife.

Am i the only one who feels Spyderco goes extremely cheap on packaging? I realize you arent spending money on a box, but after recieving knives from Civivi, Benchmade, and even Finch, it stands out how low quality it is feom Spyderco. The price you pay for how it is presented doesn’t match. Hell, at least send out a sticker for your brand. I love the company and their knives, and i know it’s a petty nitpick, but just something i thought about.

The big price goes to their profit margin, not packaging.

Let me ask you this: Would you pay $5 or $10 more just for fancier packaging?

I do think a lot of people would. Maybe they should offer that as an option? They are pretty good at listening to their customers in other ways, maybe they'd accommodate this as well?

Collectors always gotta be ruining a good thing. ;)

The first thing I do when I get a knife is toss the packaging it came in. And I only buy sprint runs these days. :D My vote goes to the least amount of packaging as possible while still protecting the knife.

I don’t mind the boxes but do wish they packaged all the knives in the bubble wrap bags. The ones I buy from Japan and Taiwan come in the bubble wrapped bags so they don’t bounce around during shipping. The US made ones just have that thin plastic bag which allows them to shift around in the box in transit. This is a very cheap upgrade.

I used to like them nice plastic cases knives come in until I realized they are super efficient dust magnets.

I have a big box of knife boxes in my attic. At the end of the day I'm carrying the knife, not the box.

Throw boxes away, you’ll feel better after getting rid of the clutter.

Every Spyderco product I've encountred has been extremely well thought out right down to the smallest detail, including the packaging . :):thumbsup:

At the price range I spend on knives, I don't expect much. I'm content with the red and black box. A sticker would be nice tho.

In 2021, Spyderco should send out 5 golden tickets in random boxes of their product. Whoever gets a golden ticket should get a free trip to Golden, CO and a tour of the facility. Sal should conduct the tour and wear a purple suit.

As long as I like the Spyderco I am buying it could come in a paper sack with model number written in sharpie for all I care.

got a kizer once and I think more money went into the packaging than the knife....junk product in upper crust package....very impressive...got plenty of red and black boxes and all came with a excellent knife inside....admittedly thou I do like the lil benchmade knife sack

When RAT Cutlery (now ESEE) first came out, on their forum, they ask if the forum members wanted a box for their blades instead of the plastic bag they were sending out. The box would be a few bucks more. The members all voted for the less expensive plastic bag, me included.
The general consensus was, put the extra money in the knife not the packaging.

I like their boxes. No flaps to tear. The foam keeps them from sliding around inside the box. They are pretty flat so they store well. The only thing I would like to see included would be a knife cleaning cloth (for my glasses).

At the price range I spend on knives, I don't expect much. I'm content with the red and black box. A sticker would be nice tho.

In 2021, Spyderco should send out 5 golden tickets in random boxes of their product. Whoever gets a golden ticket should get a free trip to Golden, CO and a tour of the facility. Sal should conduct the tour and wear a purple suit.

Dude, YES. I would buy so many Spydies just trying to get a ticket...

Some of the Rough Rider knives come in nice packaging, but I wouldn't buy one. Spyderco makes a great product. I wouldn't worry about the packaging.

Last edited:
The vast majority of buyers throw the boxes and little nylon bags away instantly. I think lavish packaging is an unnecessary expense in most cases.

Back