Spyderco packaging

Didn’t Striders come in a bag? LOL:D

Anyways, I never worried about Spyderco’s packaging. I just put the knife in my pocket and if it worked, I carried on.

I've bought Striders new from the factory and got them in a zip lock bag that was clearly used. Did not care so long as the contents were good.

What I think is funny is this: I'm not a guy who places a value on boxes. Yet, when I go to resell a knife later, I know that it'll be worth more if it has the original box, instruction sheet and bubble wrap slip. Result? I have to save the darned boxes in good shape just in case I want to sell it later. I guess my main thing is I don't want to spend extra money on it and I don't want it to take up much space to store.

One example from my past: When I was shopping for a knife on ebay one time (I think a Delica) There were a lot of them. It came down to two of them in equally good condition from equally high rated sellers. But one of them had the box. That turned out to be the deciding factor and I went with that one.

In 2021, Spyderco should send out 5 golden tickets in random boxes of their product. Whoever gets a golden ticket should get a free trip to Golden, CO and a tour of the facility. Sal should conduct the tour and wear a purple suit.

I'm in. Wait is this a reference to Michael Scott's golden ticket deal or Wanka's? I prefer the Scott style.

The Red & Black boxes are good to go for me.

-A simple, light, protective pouch / sleeve
(i.e. B.made) with the 'Spydie' logo on it ofcourse, would be a classy touch, or a small, soft cloth,
(w/ the logo on it)
It seems to be a minimal ($) touch, but obviously not a deal breaker.
In 2021, Spyderco should send out 5 golden tickets in random boxes of their product. Whoever gets a golden ticket should get a free trip to Golden, CO and a tour of the facility. Sal should conduct the tour and wear a purple suit.
...Don't you mean 'Blurple' , Lol :D
BTB :cool:

Back