SPYDERCO SALT THREAD...fishing, ocean, stories, pics and all things "salt"

yep. that spear fishing fella is a bad arse. he refused to give up that catch.

Maybe half bada$$, half dumba$$. He made a number of bad moves there. (Aside from not just giving the tuna to the sharks)

Anyway, he's still got a set on him. Gotta respect a man who will defend his catch.

Maybe half bada$$, half dumba$$. He made a number of bad moves there. (Aside from not just giving the tuna to the sharks)

Anyway, he's still got a set on him. Gotta respect a man who will defend his catch.

As a guy who knows nothing about spear fishing, I'm genuinely curious. Aside from not just giving the catch to the sharks, what other mistakes did he make?

I like how he "brains" :))) the tuna in between fending off the sharks. Maybe he could use a fishhunter :thumbsup:

That shark video was intense.

Pacific Salt in my pocket as I type this. :)

Hi there! Back from three full weeks of holidays at seaside in the wonderful island of Sardinia :). Great relaxing family time, was needed! As usual, my pocket companion was the Pacific Salt. Once again, it proved to be an amazing knife for water environments :thumbsup:! Most of the time it has been clipped inside the waist band of my swimsuits at the seaside or clipped to my cargo shorts pocket around the summer house or for the evening walks in the towns :). It has been quite busy with food preparation (mostly fish/seafood, etc. but also pork and lamb chops, sausages, the great Pecorino cheese produced here and many sandwiches and fruits on the beaches), sort of gardening jobs around the house (trimming some bushes and reducing the growth of some succulents, cutting hoses, etc.), cut some ropes and also took out several thorns from my running shoes soles, after my jogging close to the sand dunes where thorny shrubs abound :p. My little one is really learning to swim but, funny enough, to reach those buoys more out in the sea, wanting to follow his big brother and sister, he really took me for... a water taxi :D. Not much hiking but I kept the tradition of walking the Cala Lunga Trail that we have basically behind the summer house; I try to do it every year :). Took one week of the three weeks to explore a bit the southern part of the island we are not very familiar with and it has been a great stay (specially liked Cala Sinzias area) :cool::thumbsup:. I have heard something about the Pacific Salt 2 coming out soon, if so, I’m really plan to buy one of these maybe with a SE and a yellow/orange handle this time. Some pics, just to share. Wish you all a great end of summer :)!

iyej2o.jpg
9tiarr.jpg
30k8t1s.jpg
2nh46rd.jpg
1zexes4.jpg
fardpt.jpg
28t7xnq.jpg
kd698l.jpg
2isd3bo.jpg
sg3acz.jpg
rab7ma.jpg
qzkbph.jpg
2w5rr.jpg
2w5rx.jpg
2w5rA.jpg
2w5rC.jpg
2w5rF.jpg
2w5rH.jpg
2w5sg.jpg
2w5sh.jpg

Last edited:
I can't say I need more Salts, but the new Dragonfly Hawkbill, LC200N Caribbeans, Pacific Salt 2, Tasman 2 and Fish Hunter deserve a place among these... :D

oWIiK5b.jpg

I just got a spydie chef in the mail and its AWESOME. just fyi they must've fixed the lanyard tube rattle because mine doesn't rattle. Also the other complaints that I've heard about i.e. lock stick and blade centering are also non issues. Dunno if I just got lucky or if they've addressed it in production. Also another observation: every time I buy a knife from knifeworks it's perfect, and never has any of the issues that I've heard associated with the particular knife I'm buying. Maybe they get the best out of the q.c. or something..... Or maybe its just a fortunate coincidence, but yea seems like I always receive great specimens from k.w.. I've also come to find out that they get their shipments out faster than anyone else. Anyway just some random thoughts. The spydie chef is an amazing design, and as I said before, I got one that's immaculate. Looking forward to giving the lc200n a spin the next few weeks. Ive heard good things. I bet all you guys that hang out around the ocean are really stoked on those Caribbean models dropping this year with the same steel. Dunno, but if I lived by the ocean that's what I'd carry. Specifically the leaf shaped blade for cleaning fish and whatnot

Just got my Salt 2 a couple of weeks ago.
It took me some time to get used to the saner grind (I was used to the FFG of my Delica) but I am fine with it now

I carry it at the moment on holidays in the carribean.
I take it to the sea for swimming and diving and it works fine.
It is sonlightweight that it is no problems to have it clipped to my swimm pants.

I also works fine to foodprep after the fun ;)

So, my plan was to take this to the beach and keep it as a vacation knife/beater but after carrying it all week and only having to rinse it out occasionally this is going to be my new EDC. This thing is pure utility.

ES6V2QpqA0hZxoW5-q5viSRK4O7Glx5D2kmtrEGDlwF_tz1GDg-3IUQM8-QpYDAMSPSJyDNa9_aN-CwPFTJSYHJmVu-ZPS-ZIx1c2n5I0FwWUaZ9pwu-uhIr1YFX51D_Euiu70mE1Q

c41nRgV48ytsG7L-FsQFfzzr0_orpJ46DJo9jfTQ2wZDj3bG9PXUClkJR46XbXH3OEbCvco34ck80Kks9P8PC4foRb1AvLDXwaXQU5N9nLPMfci3dsq0uIK1uV5vVatqYLrBmoH2Qg

3DWTgOtWmEf7QWInghZl2tQMPeui1axhOXVia0xqEtknSyLDk3YuvgA9Ojak81wBzOx9pFAphKbYz1_O4-YODzcck9k59zWewtlrY3fgALIFzEi9J8rX4ktlNqDUJbdW_Gt-1iV13Q

Last edited:
Salt Aficionados I have a question. I'm looking at the Salt 2 black serrated version and I'm seeing some photos that show the knife with black hardware and show it with silver. Are they actually shipping knives with two dif types of screws or are some of the stock pictures wrong??

Took this one camping and kayaking for a week and half, and used it for everything. The edge held up great and only needed stropping. All I can say is that I can't believe I waited so long to get one, love it! I will be getting more...

rfxWxAC.jpg

Anyone own both the Salt 1 and Salt 2 that can give pros and cons of both knives? Which would you recommend between the old and new version? I'm interested in the fully serrated versions but haven't handled either yet although have owned a Delica in the past.

Back