SPYDERCO SALT THREAD...fishing, ocean, stories, pics and all things "salt"

U15PTsq.png

HKT7TlL.png

oXFVjZn.png

Took a trip back down to my home town (New Smyrna Beach, FL), and since I was staying at the condo on the beach decided to go with mostly Salt carry, with the Pacific and SE Dragonfly (with fade dye job) as my carry. Did some ocean kayaking, played hard the whole time, and had a blast!

Can't miss sunrise

bBXIbHC.jpg

Gotta get plenty of boogie boarding in too

Nhn5mB1.jpg
Badass Frogman

Badass Frogman
Thanks brother! I was big into customizing G's a few years back, and the Frogman was by far my favorite. I built quite a few of them back when parts where readily available. I actually just threw the one above together with spare parts right before my trip, but I really dig how it turned out. Here's a few of the others I've made over the years.

(apologies for off topic pics)
YsKCk10.jpg

wmBxCTc.jpg

0Sdsr2d.jpg

R5RGMlC.jpg

I don't have a Salt yet, I want a hawkbill or one of those Endura-LC200N Salts.
Guess I will make do with my S45VN and BD1N if I want stainless Spyderco

I've been considering a Pacific Salt again recently. Coming to this thread and seeing your pics always makes me want to pull the trigger.
Pacific Salt 2 in LC200N is just about the perfect light weight, go everywhere and do everything knife. Just do it!

Pacific Salt 2 in LC200N is just about the perfect light weight, go everywhere and do everything knife. Just do it!
I should add Plain Edge to the above statement.
Mine is H1 SE, and I can't imagine not having it, as long as I have any knives.
I can't see not owning my original Pacific Salt in H1 SE either. Love the saber grind with spyder edge and that magical H1! Here's hoping H2 will be just as good if not better!

Not so salty, but I took out some small trouts from a local pond here that is so overpopulated that none of the fish reaches sizes much above 300-400g(10-14oz).

Tastes like shit as well, muddy taste..

But hey the fishing is good! :cool: :thumbsup:

ILhhnIR.jpg
Brine and smoke them

I enjoy keeping up with this thread and figured I'd give it a bump. I'm more of a hunter, but do my fair share of fishing in the summer. Recently bought a fishing kayak and picked up a Pacific Salt 2 and it's been great to carry fishing and while wearing swim trunks and its turned into my edc the last 2 months.

Lance or Sal, have you got any eta on another run of Waterways? They’ve been out of stock for some time now and I’m scared mine will go swimming one day. I would feel more comfortable with one on the boat and a spare in the safe.

Back