SPYDERCO SALT THREAD...fishing, ocean, stories, pics and all things "salt"

Atlantic Salt with modded tip:

salt_mod_web.jpg
Not normally a fan of the Atlantic Salt but I like that mod a lot! Amazing how such a subtle mod can completely change the appearance and “vibe” of a knife.

Surfingringo Surfingringo : Impressive fishing. Also impressive that you go out on open water in a craft that small. My last takeout order from Chuck E. Cheese came in a styrofoam box that was bigger than that kayak. :D

Siren got to release a nice sized Bull last weekend. I’d have loved to get my jig back but decided it might not be best to lip this guy and start reaching around in there for a lure. :D

Wow what an experience!! :oops:

How often do you guys hook into sharks like this?

Nice!

All off a sudden the lovely racing green!! :cool::thumbsup:
Yes!

In case anyone is interested, here's the details.

Started with the Pacific which was well used so it got a quick scrub with dish soap. Heated up a bottle of dark green rit dye on the stove until just about to boil, left it on low. Tied the knife to a string on the spyderhole. Started with a 30 second dip, washed it off with cold water, and then did 15 second dips rinsing with water to check color until it was as dark as I wanted. Total submerged time was about 1 min 30 sec. Washed with soap and water, let dry, then hit with a good spray of 409 after I noticed some bleeding when wet. Repeated the process with the Salt II, though I started with a 1 minute dunk.

As usual, I'm pleased with the results! Dyeing spyderco frn is super easy and with a little thought, you can get an acceptable color if you don't totally like the original.

Siren got to release a nice sized Bull last weekend. I’d have loved to get my jig back but decided it might not be best to lip this guy and start reaching around in there for a lure. :D

You're nuts. Impressive rod strength. I just broke a decent new Daiwa in the garage putting the jig on the hook holder, wtf? Braid didn't flex but still.

I have only caught small reds and catfish on my kayak and they are a blast.

Back