SPYDERCO SALT THREAD...fishing, ocean, stories, pics and all things "salt"

Preparing for sailing season... just got an Atlantic Salt. Should be quite handy on deck.

atlantic_salt_web2.jpg

Preparing for sailing season... just got an Atlantic Salt. Should be quite handy on deck.

atlantic_salt_web2.jpg
Buddy of mine at work is planning on picking up this exact model.

Would you happen to know (or anyone else) what the elongated hole in the handle is for?

Besides the obvious of blade access with the blade in the closed position.

Just that the shape of that hole makes us think that it has a very specific function and neither of us can figure it out.

Hopes that Sal Glesser Sal Glesser might see this post.

Hi BMCGear,

No Immediate plans. The P4 FRN was a gamble. We'll see what happens with it. Size is a limited faction in a civil society, due to blade length laws. The P4 is more for outliers. Ranching, farming, working in many areas, like construction. I carry one quite a bit, but often I will also carry a smaller knife, but I also enjoy the function of the longer length, despite legal limits.

sal

Hi BMCGear,

No Immediate plans. The P4 FRN was a gamble. We'll see what happens with it. Size is a limited faction in a civil society, due to blade length laws. The P4 is more for outliers. Ranching, farming, working in many areas, like construction. I carry one quite a bit, but often I will also carry a smaller knife, but I also enjoy the function of the longer length, despite legal limits.

sal

The P4 in K390 was my gateway. I now own the VG10 and the Hap40 KC Exclusive. The Native Chief would be my second as I love the larger knives.

Back