SPYDERCO SALT THREAD...fishing, ocean, stories, pics and all things "salt"

Not so salty, but I took out some small trouts from a local pond here that is so overpopulated that none of the fish reaches sizes much above 300-400g(10-14oz).

Tastes like shit as well, muddy taste..

But hey the fishing is good! :cool: :thumbsup:

ILhhnIR.jpg

Took a trip back down to my home town (New Smyrna Beach, FL), and since I was staying at the condo on the beach decided to go with mostly Salt carry, with the Pacific and SE Dragonfly (with fade dye job) as my carry. Did some ocean kayaking, played hard the whole time, and had a blast!

Can't miss sunrise

bBXIbHC.jpg

Gotta get plenty of boogie boarding in too

Nhn5mB1.jpg

Took a trip back down to my home town (New Smyrna Beach, FL), and since I was staying at the condo on the beach decided to go with mostly Salt carry, with the Pacific and SE Dragonfly (with fade dye job) as my carry. Did some ocean kayaking, played hard the whole time, and had a blast!

Can't miss sunrise

bBXIbHC.jpg

Gotta get plenty of boogie boarding in too

Nhn5mB1.jpg
Love that fade dye!

Love that fade dye!
Thanks! It was my first attempt so there was plenty of experimentation going on, but I'm quite pleased with the the results. I had previously (years ago) dyed my yellow H1 Pacific lime green by using the "kelly green" Rit Powder, and when I saw some of the fade jobs people are doing I got the idea to use that lime green as my base instead of yellow, and then use the "aquamarine" liquid for the fade.

I had a a spare yellow Dragonfly frame from a swap, so I used it first. I dyed the entire thing lightly with the kelly green powder, and then did the fade with the aquamarine. It turned out pretty good, but I didn't get the hint of blue in the aquamarine that I had seen on the YouTube tutorial I was using for info (there's a couple of pretty good ones that can explain the process better than me, for anyone interested in trying). For my attempt on this knife, I only dipped the pivot end in the kelly green and left the rest yellow, then did the fade job the normal way with the aquamarine. It only made a subtle difference, but it pretty much achieved the look I was going for.

I ended up throwing a vg10 blade in the experimental one (which my daughter immediately snagged from me), and I also had another old H1 Pacific that I used as a guinea pig at the same time which turned out pretty cool IMO.

01kGSu9.jpg

h0mO6i1.jpg

Now I REALLY have the urge to see what could be done with some blue-ish dye and the bright green from the LC200N salts. Not sure if I'm brave enough to be the first one to try though.

Back