Spyderco Slysz Bowie Question

Oh I forgot about the Smocks. That's true. I'd always wondered why we didn't see more of collaboration exclusives and everyone was just doing PM2s.

Speaking of which, you've got a bronze ano Slysz Bowie exclusive coming with the mirror stonewash M390/20CV blade that those other guys mucked up in machine satin, right? :D Maybe with a fancy backspacer? And the lockbar insert/overtravel stop that Marcin added on the Swayback?

PM2s simply sell, so its an attractive proposition for retailers, especially ones who doing their first exclusive or one of their first.

The idea for one has been discussed, no promises though. Adding/removing features from a knife isn't generally an option though, its basically change out handle color and steel in most cases.

I think that I managed to get one after several attempts and payment server errors. I took a screenshot of the confirmation number when it came up, but I haven't received the order confirmation email yet. Fingers crossed!
This is what happened to me as I made it through all the errors and hit buy! Site crashed and I gave up and went about my day. THREE hours later I received a shipping notification but no CONFIRMATION email! Checked bank and there was a pre charge from KJ. Crazy 😜 amount of load on the server!

This is what happened to me as I made it through all the errors and hit buy! Site crashed and I gave up and went about my day. THREE hours later I received a shipping notification but no CONFIRMATION email! Checked bank and there was a pre charge from KJ. Crazy 😜 amount of load on the server!
Oddly enough, I also got my shipping notification last night...but my purchase confirmation showed up today :)

One sold yesterday. The buy it now price was $1,875 but I’m sure someone made an offer.

The guy selling it for 4000 posted an AMA on reddit. Just a practical joker.

A lot of the allure has to do with the hype of the knife. People want to get their hands on one to see if it's as good as people say it is. It also attracted a ton of flippers looking to capitalize on anyone experiencing FOMO.

I love the looks of them, but just can't justify spending that much. That's Sebenza level money :), and the Slysz Bowie doesn't even have a lock bar insert :rolleyes:

Agreed a lot of the allure has to do with the hype of the knife. People want to get their hands on one to see if it's as good as people say it is. It also attracted a ton of flippers looking to capitalize on anyone experiencing FOMO.

I love the looks of them, but just can't justify spending that much. That's Sebenza level money :), and the Slysz Bowie doesn't even have a lock bar insert :rolleyes:
Well neither does the Sebenza so that's a relief.

The Sebenza 31 has a ceramic ball that acts like a lockbar insert. Prevents the titanium from contacting the blade

The Sebenza 31 has a ceramic ball that acts like a lockbar insert. Prevents the titanium from contacting the blade
My apologies so many folks have said they want the same steel lockbar insert as other Spyderco models.

Yes everyone loves features the new ceramic ball has brought.

The Spartan SHF is as expensive or more and I haven't heard any complaints about its lack of lockbar insert. Same with Sebenza 21s, Medfords, some Reate OEMs, and probably others that I can't think of right now.

The ceramic ball might not be an improvement. Once the ceramic eats its way through the softer steel of the blade tang, the blade can be thrown away (?).

Originally, the tip of the titanium lock bar was heat treated (three times) to harden it. In time if it wore down it was made a bit longer again by peening. Leaving the blade unaffected.

Last edited:
Knife people can't ever be happy. When the Sebenza 21 lockface was changed to the have a lockbar insert instead of bare TI, people whined and complained to no end about how the original was better. Now on the Slysz it's unforgiveable that it doesn't have an insert.

The idea for one has been discussed, no promises though.
I sure could see a Bowie with a Red DLT backspacer, Red DLT hardware, and Red spydie stamp on the Blade riding proudly in my pocket. No pressure though, a guy can hope I guess. Also, any one who is about to throw their spidiechef in the trash, please PM me first.

Back