Spyderco T-shirts~Opinions Needed ASAP

Danelle,

Being exposed to all the possible variations folks can think up for Sturgis Rally T-shirts, I've found the annual Camel cigarette approach noteworthy. They produce a pocket T with a small logo on the pocket and a clever large layout on the back. Of course in keeping with Sturgis the only color is Harley-Davidson black
smile.gif
I'd vote for the Spyderco spyder on the front pocket with no lettering. On the back, a pix of the military opened with an appropriate statement. For Sturgis wear the caption "Spyderco: slick as snot!" would work well, but I doubt it'd go over any place else
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
. I'd like to see something different than the "critters" staement. Perhaps something like "Spyderco: we prove you don't need a button"
smile.gif
. Figure Sal would get a kick out of that one!

------------------
-=[Bob]=-

I did NOT escape from the institution! They gave me a day pass!

Hey navy blue polo with breat logo sounds awesome!

A tasteful T-shirt would be great too. Definitely small breast location logo, and something not to oulandish on back. Perhaps even something that doesn't mention knives...

"all creatures have knives," is the truth and a great logo, but not something to wear out and around. I know there are some folks who only wear BDUs and Adidad GSG9 boots, but for the rest of us who like to blend in, something low key would work best, and is more tasteful IMHO.

I would suggest a small professional Spyderco with the gold bug on the left breast on the front with either the "All God's Critters..."
or a picture of the Military or the Police emblazoned across the back.

Bright colors and maybe an OD green for the Military version.

Sizes Large thru XXXL charging extra for plus sizes.

Polo would be nice also with a professionally embroidered logo on the front.

Leave out the pockets! Costs extra and most people prefer w/o.

Daniel

[This message has been edited by Daniel (edited 20 July 1999).]

Black or navy blue.

Small Spyderco logo on left front. Tasteful, elegant, low-profile.

Nothing on the back. (My experience with race T-shirts featuring transfer decals or excessive silk screening is they make you sweat buckets during hot weather.)

Joel

djo62,

Medium grey polo shirt, OR T-shirt 100% cotton with NO pocket, yellow spider critter on right side with Spyderco (black lettering) below the critter. On the back of the shirt:
"CLIP-IT" bold black letters about 3" high and 10" long, yellow parenthesis
smile.gif

md2020

[This message has been edited by maddog2020 (edited 20 July 1999).]

I like the idea of a polo shirt, white and a black or navy.

Three suggestions:

Have the "bug" and Spyderco under it embroidered on the upper left chest area.

Have the "bug" on the upper left chest area and Spyderco embroidered horizontally on one of the sleeves.

Have Spyderco embroidered on the upper left chest area and the "bug" on the back- in the middle just below the collar. This would be similar to a family crest (mon) on the back of a kimono.

Black embroidery for a white polo shirt and white or silver embroidery on a dark shirt.

Hi!
Definitely we need a T - shirt and a Polo - shirt.
For the Polo: navy - blue with the Spyder on the left breast and Spyderco in a half - circle above it both embroidered. I do not need a pocket on the polo (carry my starmate in my pants).
As for the back I can imagine two versions: one plain (the other serrated
smile.gif
)
the other version with a hugh spyder.
For the T - shirt: light colors would be fine and for the motive I'd like a knife. Something special. You can go to a copy - shop have a ad scanned and then ironed on a T - shirt in ten minutes, so it has to be different.

Greetings
red

PS: Don't forget the hat's in matching colors.!

Navy Blue T or polo with the red spyder on the on the left chest area, or pocket. SpyderCo name on top of spydie and the motto "all god's critters..." on the bottom.

White shirt with the same design in Navy Blue.

Make mine Medium. There're small guys on this forum too.
wink.gif

sing

Hi there Ms. Nice person,
What's a Spyderco Tee shirt without that little Spydiebug.
Pockets are nice too.
Color doesn't matter, just size: XXL.
Dan

Daniel, glad to see YOU here as well!

Danelle, I really like the idea of a Navy-Blue Gholf T-Shirt with a checquered collar (the same idea as the ones taht I've sent you). I would not like to dictate the design - Spyderco is good enough with designs, but the following MUST NOT be omitted:
- the GOLD SpyderLogo (Daniel
wink.gif
) will add a NICE touch!
- a shirt pocket
- the SPYDERCO name on the shirt pocket

The purpose of the shirt must be clear: is it for everyday carry (like a TRUE T-shirt), or for a more "classy" Gholf T-Shirt type with a collar, a shirt pocket, etc?

In the case of a "standard" T-shirt, I'd go for the "All God's Critters" poster on the front of a white T-shirt, with a blue or black Spyderlogo on the back.

In the case of a "classy" T-Shirt, I'd like to see limited graphic designs, with maybe small Spyderlogos around the arms (where the shirt ends) and the collar (????). The GOLD Spyderlogo will fit in NICELY with this!! It will look very well on Navy Blue or Black...

I would like a Polo shirt, no pocket, with the emblem in upper left and small but readable wording under it. I would like "civilian" on mine, but would settle for "All God's Critters" or "Spyderco".

Hehehe.. there sure are lots of Dans around.. lol...
smile.gif

Tshirts are okay! I just hope you have something on the M and L sizes as well.
smile.gif
I'd gladly get a couple to use during the rally stages here in the Philippines.

I just hope they won't mistake me for spiderman.. hehehe!

Dan

Cotton T-shirt instead of polo is my only vote. Any design is good with me!
Aaron

------------------
amacks@nist.gov
Don't forget to pay your taxes...they eventually become my knives:)

A few stone washed natural types of colors (dk grey, blue, grey, olive, tan, off white, red, whatever). No pocket. Spyderco name logo where pocket would be. Larger Spydie outline on back with either "All God's critter's" or "Integrity" logo inside the larger Spydie outline.

My two cents, working on the whole buck.

------------------
Ron

Is that thing shar...OW!

Thanks for the g-r-e-at responses so far! Wow, what a lot of good ideas to work with!
BTW, I know you saw my son Daniel posted..didja check out his alias?
Heyns~Thanks so much for mentioning and welcoming him..
Danelle

For a polo (which I'd prefer over a T), banded sleeves, no pocket, small logo where the pocket goes, in white or strong colors like burgundy, navy, or forest green (properly contrasted logo color for each). High quality would be worth paying extra for.

In a T, I'd like a small logo on the front chest, no pocket, with the "All God's critters..." painting on the back (4 color?). I'd like this in bright colors, anything but black.

I like Sir-Daniel's suggestion! Wow, a family affair! Tasteful and low key! Good idea Daniel!

I like Dan O'Shea's idea: lots of little knife pics, representing all current models, if possible.

I've got to vote against the "All God's Critters" poster. I'd rather see a picture of an actual knife, such as a Military or Endura.

I'd rather have a T-shirt than a polo shirt.

David Rock

------------------
Stop when you get to bone.

few options here:
White polo with blue spyder on front
Black polo with yellow spider on front and Spyderco underneath.
Black t-shirt with the outline of the Military and Rescue crossed on the front, and a BIG spider on back.
My $.02

------------------
PRIGGER

Back