Spyderco T-shirts~Opinions Needed ASAP

I'm with the polo crowd. I like the embroided spyderco in small on front with the bug.

If it is a T-shirt, which would probably be easier, I like the pocket with the word spyderco in small on front and a large blue bug on the back. White good quality white T of coarse. I don't like the all god's critters pic. I think even putting just one knife on there is bad. Everyone has thier favorites so they would all want thier own variations. The general spyderco theme would be best.

Let us know where to get them.

------------------
Brent

Playing with sharp toys for sharp boys... uh, and girls I guess?

To add my piece: 2 and 3XL sizes, pocket, small Spyder logo on front, "All God's Critters" logo on back. Colors could be grey, off-white, dark blue, but NO BLACK. I am neither a ninja nor an SS stormtrooper.

------------------
Walk in the Light,
Hugh

hi Danelle
how about a short sleeved Henley style.
those look great on men and women. i should know...we wear them at work =) i go witk lighter colors also since it is so darn hot and humid these days. also a small spydie on the breast with the Spyderco name and on the back something tasteful that shows and example or two of your products, something non threatening like a Navigator or Dragonfly.
or how about your smiling face holding the knife? <grin> have a great day! Rick

I've had a couple of Spyderco T-shirts for a couple of years. They're black, Beefy-Ts with a pocket, the word Spyderco and the bug on the pocket. On the back is a big bug with a line drawing of the Police Model across it and the word Spyderco above it. Looks great. The printing is in white but can be had in colors, I believe.

I got them from a local distributor. I've also seen the Critters design and have seen them in red with white lettering.

IMO the red ones are ok but the black ones look great.

James, if you turn them inside out before you wash them the printing will last a long time. I've had mine for over two years and the printing still looks good. It's a little faded but no gaps or peeling.

The drawing on the back could be changed to a Military or a Civilian, I guess. The Police model is one of the identity models for Spyderco, though. The only enhance ment I can think of is to put small drawings of the knives on the sleeves. A long sleeve version with the knife running lengthwise an the arms might be interesting too.

------------------
Dennis Wright
Wright Knife & Sporting Goods

wrightknife@ixpres.com

Danelle:
Maybe put a small Police,Native or Military with the Spyderco name above it on the left side of the front and a Large Spydie bug incorporating the integrity statement on the back like you have on the back of the sharpening instruction book that comes with the 204 sharpener.Maybe a date on one of the sleeves 1973-2000 or some thing like that.By the way, I couldn't turn up a new base for my old 203 so I just purchased a 204 and I like it a lot better. I was trying to utilize my other stones because I had just replaced them but at least now I have sharpening stones to last me to 2100.

lbwheat

"All God's Critters" oon back "Spyderco" and bug on front, pocket for Dragonfly or Delica and any and all colors except white.

phantom4

------------------
who dares, wins

Light colors, white, tan or gray. I know I’m contradicting myself but I like the sound of the O.D. green mentioned earlier as well. Spydie bug on front pocket. “All God’s Creatures” picture on back or SPYDERCO in big letters across the shoulders. Hey, how about this, SPYDERCO curved across the back like a baseball or hockey jersey and a big number 1 down the middle. Maybe a small pocket towards the bottom of the shirt especially made for our clip-its (O.K. now I maybe pushing it).

Looking forward to it.

Tom

Hi again Danelle
i just had my coffe and had a sudden inspiration lol. the 'all god's critters' slogan can be intimidating to people. look at the teeth from a shark and you'll know what i mean. how about the following design...
a small spydie knife done in a simple ink drawing poised with a fly rod/reel and a few flies. for reference look at the Sebenza 'Fly' motiff. something very simple that shows the RECREATIONAL use of your products. this design could be worn anywhere,even to the office on casual day. i still like the Henley style <hint>.
while i'm so inspired how about advertising in other magazines,both men's and women's instead of just the cutlery mags? i was thrilled to see the little article in Playboy featuring pocketknives. never thought they of all mags would endorse such a thing. like. maybe advertise in Field and Stream, Cosmo. etc.
enough rambling huh? have a great day!
Rick

Welcome to the forums Daniel
biggrin.gif

I didn't read all of the posts but I second the motion for an emboidered Spyderco Name and Logo - "Spider". Also, 100% pre-shunk cotton T and Polo with the All God's Critters... plus your choice of a picture of your favorite Spydie knife past, present and future underneath but high enough so you can still see it when tucked in the jeans. It should be $1.99 for the T and $2.99 for the Polo or $9.99 for the entire collection
wink.gif

------------------
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man"
-Nordic proverb

Lots of good suggestions so far...my personal preference would be a high-quality polo shirt (large sizes please!) with a pocket with no embellishment except for a small Spyderco "bug" embroidered on the pocket. Preferably in dark colors like maroon, navy, forest green, etc. I think there's a lot to be said for subtlety. Everyone in the cutlery community will instanly recognize the logo and there wouldn't be anything to intimidate the general populace...

i like grey, and i think it would be a good idea to stay away from pictures of knives and possibly even the word knife (i dont want to attract anymore negative attention..)

how about the "High Performance Matter Separators" for a quote? i really liked that one when i read it, and i dont think a non-knife person would figure it out in time to accost me.

and of course, the littel spyder logo.

DEFINITELY a pocket! So handy and would look great with the Spyder Bug on it. Make it the heaviest cotton you can. Most of us forumites love quality and will pay for it. And DEFINITELY a MILITARY on the shirt! Heck, it's the logo of this forum. Let's not get sqeamish. We are knife people and what's a knife shirt without a knife on it!

Hey I just had an idea..how about a picture of a clip coming out of the pocket...hmmm? You know, an optical illusion....
Danelle

Greetings,

I'd also like to have a more subtle looking design for a t-shirt/polo.

polo: navy with yellow embroidery and/or white with navy embroidery. Small Spyder logo on chest with "Spyderco" underneath.

t-shirt: grey with navy print, white with navy print, navy with yellow print, black with yellow print. Small Spyder logo on chest with "Spyderco" underneath.

I know my suggestions are kind of plain, but the spyder logo, the brand "Spyderco" and the great knives clipped to our pockets are already identifiable as a sign of quality to me.

Leave the fancy slogans, pictures of blades, etc. for posters, stickers, brochures and print ads. There isn't a need to go around looking like a walking billboard imho.

Thanks,

Watson-349

Damn, wish I had heard of this sooner, I have a design already done up somewhere for a T....

It has the Spyder on the back, with a Military superimposed over it, and some clever slogan beneath it (I can't remember it now though, of course).

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Danelle,
optical illusions are for virtual SpyderNuts!
frown.gif

I'd like to have mine with a STRONG pocket so I can clip the REAL McCoy (MILITARY) to it!
wink.gif
wink.gif

Hi everyone!

If we deceide to have a picture (i.e. line drawing)of a knife on the T then my choice would be the STARMATE.

Danelle: I like the idea of the optical illusion of the clip maybe in the virtual pocket.

Greetings
red

I like the idea of a polo shirt with a pocket. "Spyderco" over the pocket, bug on the pocket. After all, there should be some place to actually carry a small-medium Spyderco on the shirt, and I need someplace to put a pen and/or pencil too.

On the back, I think the full "All God's critters" poster would be a bit much, and I wonder how durable it would be.

If it shows a knife, how about a closed Military, clip side? It's a less agressive look than naked steel. Maybe the slogan, "All God's Critters have knives," the face of a domestic cat, and a closed Military.

One more thought - I'd like to look at the fine print on the label and see the name of a country that has free elections from time to time. I'll pay a few bucks more if necessary.
wink.gif

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

Just read both Spark and James' posts just above, please check out Spark's design, Danelle; also, James has a very good point about the site of mfg. A whole lot of stuff I've seen lately has had the China point of origin; it would be worth a dollar or two more if it was a (insert usa mfg name here)shirt.

[This message has been edited by Brian Lavin (edited 21 July 1999).]

Dannelle,

Well, I would love a dark navy or black, good quality, prestrunk cotton T-shirt. And make it fit properly. Not everyone is a XXXXXL. A medium or large is fine. The logo make it look cool. Like NYC cool. U know. Maybe just small to medium spydie letter in front. NO POCKETS. And a huge SPYDER itself on the whole back. That would look real nice. That is my imput. Later

Back