*SpyderNation - Open talk and hangout corner *

I need some advice please...I want to braid some para cord on the lanyard hole on one of my large knifes.What type of braid pattern do you reccomend and where do you all purchase your para cord from.
Thanks,
salmonkiller

I usually use a "crown sinnet"....here's a good how to, http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Yj6kGuZ2_m8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DYj6kGuZ2_m8 the guy that makes this video has a great blog to (link is in the vids description)

I've also made some with he "chines crown knot" which are some of my favorites.....this is the best explanation of tying it I know of.

image_zps669cbfd7.jpg

As far as where to get it/what kind, I'd get it at knife center (good price/reputable) and made by Atwood there paracord is all US made and of very good quality (I'm wearing it around my wrist right now!)

And lastly, good luck and make sure to post some pics when your done!!!

-niner

I knew this would happen :rolleyes:
so..
my priority list now excludes a CRK in favor of that CF S110v Native 5 hehe
I guess that means I'm open to more Spyderco! Or that ZT 0566! I ordered a bead blast Cryo to see if I like the design.
I was thinking of trying a Sage 2 again as well :)

Anybody else notice how many knife nuts live in Florida? I guess that's good news because I'm moving there in September :D hehe any Floridians know of some good knife shops?

Last edited:
My birthday is also in June 9blades :)
okay..
That Green Native 5 is superb.
I need it. And a Southard.

hey guys, So im really digging the PM2. But with the good prices disappearing, im starting to think about the PM3. So does anyone the pricepoint? And i mean MSRP, and what you can find it for. The PM2 is going to be the Most expensive knive ive bought and i want to know if i should Buy one now, or wait for the PM3?
Thanks.

PM3? That's probably a ways off. I'm not sure which of the two is harder to get though!

so on the subject of lanyards has anyone thought of knitting a Spyderco cozy out of paracord or mohair maybe some bamboo?:):thumbup::D XD

Any tips on sticky lock with Para 2?
Just happened 5 minutes ago lol
I've had it since Christmas too!
I just put some tuff glide on it and it's ehhh better
edit: Just tried rotating the stop pin, didn't really do much

Last edited:
I love working with paracord. Here is my teacher: http://www.fusionknots.com/graphics/gallery/knots/index.html

I am working on a lizard tail sinnet.

Still thinking about a sprint Calypso. I really like the design.

Off topic: I have to say that this sub-forum is one of the friendliest on BF.

Being friendly was one of the goals when the "Spydernation" was started. That stems from the tone Sal has sat forth in the sub forum. Glad it is showing through.

Hey peeps! How is everyone? Haven't checked in for a while...what's new with everyone?

Back