*SpyderNation - Open talk and hangout corner *

If it looks just like the prototype thats awesome. I like especially the new handles vs. the older ones on the first Jot Singh Khalsa.

My reason for wanting a Spyderco Jot Singh Khalsa sprint run....

I am an American of Sikh faith. We are the guys in America who wear turbans and beards and kinda of look like taliban.... but we are far from it!!! We are an Indian relgion which believes in peace until our beliefs are threatened.. "like change your religion our ill kill u" threaten. This is basically what the jihadists said during the 14-17th centuries in asia. These jihadists were the Moghul Empire. And basically basically the history of Sikhs entails the defeat of the Moghul Empire. These dudes were basically the direct descendants of Genghis Khan. They pretty much ruled south Asia and carried out a jihad which lasted centures. Finally in the 17th century they were defeated by the Sikhs of India. A part of my people's history which I am very proud of. We put a beat down on the great great granddaddies of the modern day taliban!!!!!

So all true Sikhs are supposed to carry a Kirpan, our relgious knife, to represent the protection of our beliefs. This knife is a modern day folder version of one, we'll kind of. And i gotta have one...

I'm new hear so I hope this post doesnt break any rules on topics... I was going to post a link to a historical article but i dont know if thats allowed and thats probably too much info anyways...

Well, thats why i want it... I know its not the prettiest knife in the world but hopefully it will be my first Spyderco! Perfect for me!

Have you checked out Jot Singh Khalsa's, the knife's designer, website?
http://www.khalsakirpans.com/pages/about-us

His kirpans are beautiful... I think his main market is Indian weddings. But that's an assumption..

I am just catching up DrManu. Interesting readings for sure. I think the more Sikh's that do discuss their religion and beat out ignorance the better. I can only imagine what your daily life is like. About the availability of the knife, I would think you shouldn't have a problem finding one at all. It does not seem like one that will attract the piranha's :D Even the fairly popular Caly3 Super Blue is still available, the Goddard that released a couple weeks ago is still available, and I doubt the Kahlsa will be as popular. Just get on a few email lists (GPKnives.com, BladeHQ.com are two bladeforums dealears who do that).

I found this in my village home. I think its my great grandfather's. 100 years old is my guess. Its quit rusted and has some engraving on it. I believe the handle is Ivory too.... Hopefully someone back home in the states can bring it back to a nice condition..... My family no longer lives in India, i just go to school medical school here. So I really dont know too much about the blade besides the fact it was found in my house in our village which has been empty for years and years now.....
img20130512023200.jpg

Has anyone seen the Alex Diaconescu Battle Station--- that 2013 prototype is also awesome!!!

I am just catching up DrManu. Interesting readings for sure. I think the more Sikh's that do discuss their religion and beat out ignorance the better. I can only imagine what your daily life is like. About the availability of the knife, I would think you shouldn't have a problem finding one at all. It does not seem like one that will attract the piranha's :D Even the fairly popular Caly3 Super Blue is still available, the Goddard that released a couple weeks ago is still available, and I doubt the Kahlsa will be as popular. Just get on a few email lists (GPKnives.com, BladeHQ.com are two bladeforums dealears who do that).

Thank you nccole.... Sadly, it took an event like the temple massacre in Wisconsin to educate many people... I've never tried to educate people about us on the internet before. It just so happens here that when I can discuss blades i can also discuss my culture because they go hand in hand. This is an amazing place to chat, never thought i would have conversations like this

About the knife... I think it comes out q3 this year.

Has anyone seen the Alex Diaconescu Battle Station--- that 2013 prototype is also awesome!!!

It's definetly interesting, I'm hoping Spyderco will bring the prototypes to blade show...I have a feeling the ergonomics will be hit or miss with some people.

Also about your grand fathers sword, blade forums has a identification sub forum and a sword forum.

Identification
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/691-Bernard-Levine-s-Knife-Collecting-amp-Identification

Sword
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/733-Sword-Discussion

I would try the sword forum first, if they can't tell you any thing try the other one. Also this should be read before you post

How to ask questions that will get answered.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/353471-READ-THIS-FIRST!-How-to-ask-questions-that-get-answered

Best!

-niner

Last edited:
Wow, that seems so cool. I will take some better pictures and see what happens.. thanx again niner!

Hey guys.
So Im thinking of picking up a sage, what do you think of the Sage 1 in Carbon Fiber?

I've had a Sage 1 for about 2 weeks now! It's great!
I have previously owned a Sage 2 that I wasn't to keen on, but I'm loving the Sage 1. The carbon fiber feels really nice

I have previously owned a Sage 2 that I wasn't to keen on, but I'm loving the Sage 1. The carbon fiber feels really nice

Thanks, ive always wanted a sage. They look really nice and elegant.

anyway here is the knife cozy I was talking about. I attached a lanyard and am wearing it around my neck right now. it is adjust able so I can use with multiple Knives.

That's some very manly knitting you've done there, Mr. Brony.

Back