SpydieChef thread

Amazon currently has these in stock!

gxud7k6.jpg

Some plans for this one, RGT Ti clip and some Ti hardware.

Looks nice! How do you like it?

I’m currently really liking the stock wire clip.

What was changed with QCI, just the detent ball?

If I have the original version, any real need for the updated one? Thanks!

Looks nice! How do you like it?

I’m currently really liking the stock wire clip.

I absolutely love it. Have done quite a bit of food prep with it so far. I do love the wire clip as well but unfortunately it isnt Titanium so it cannot be anodized, same reason I got Ti hardware. Sending it off to get a custom ano job done hers soon.

What was changed with QCI, just the detent ball?

If I have the original version, any real need for the updated one? Thanks!

As stated above. It really depends on your usage. The CQI version you could leave in the ocean and it will be virtually free of rust. The older version used a stainless steel ball for detent so that portion would in fact rust. It's in their "salt" series of knives so really it has to be truly rust proof.

For everyday use for most people it wont affect them, for some it was a must. I believe if you have the previous version and show signs of rust. You can send it into spyderco and they will either replace the detent or the knife for you.

After looking at this thread I'm starting to think that I need a Spydiechef !
Would anyone happen to have a picture of the Spydiechef and a Rock Lobster together?

Just got mine yesterday. "new" from a dealer but it was either a display sample or a return after being carried based on the amount of snail trails on it. Pisses me off but the action is nice and barely any lock stick. I got it to carry and know it would look just like this after a week in my pocket but still, a "new" knife should still look new when you open the box. (Dealer offered a return and refund, no replacement....pretty sure they knew it was a return). Probably just throw it in my pocket and enjoy it.

All that said probably the best Spyderco model for my needs I have yet owned.

I think the snail trails are from the factory stone wash, not pocket wear. Mine had quite a few too brand new out the box. Blade and edge and pocket clip were pristine.

Yeah, it has sort of ‚stonewash-worn’ finish from factory. No fear to carry and use, looks only better with time :)

I know the Chef is no longer the flavor of the week but I'm excited to have one coming in. It's been on my radar for a while now.
You won’t be disappointed. If you like what you see of the Spyderco before you get it, you’ll probably like it a lot more once you get it in your hand and put it to use.

Back