Stealth Run #003 Released - 501 Magnacut "The Larrin"

^mostly this. well said Preston.

although talkin bout myself......sometimes I buy an extra one to just have for the collection.
Jesse, I know by your photos you are using more of your knives, whatever they may be, more than I. With hunting season approaching i have hopes of using mine more ☺️ Even though it will probably be mostly the same ones. I just get stuck in a rut.

I compared my new Larrin to my 502 from the custom shop that I bought a few years ago and the Larrin has much better fit and finish. It locks up with much less up and down movement in the locked position. The pivot pin doesn’t protrude. My custom Buck looks like the bolsters were over polished. They did a great job with the Larrin 501.

I finally got around to taking a couple of photos of my Larkin 501. Compared to some of the photos I saw of the edges mine look pretty good.
nuaxXhT.jpg

xnqBYBd.jpg

Andrew Demko purchased one, proudly displayed in a large display case showing his personal collection. Nice comment about Larrin on his website:

"I feel the knife community owes a lot to Larrin Thomas for his contribution to our industry. His study of knife steel and performance and his fantastic steel MagnaCut. Here is his special edition Buck 501."

Last edited:
I’ve been carrying my Larrin 501 since I got it on the 18th and so far it has performed great. I helped my daughter and son in law on a couple of projects this week so it got a good workout and had lots of zip ties and boxes to open and various types of materials like 1/2 inch nylon strapping, 1/4 inch rope, and plastic clam packs. It’s still shaving sharp and no visible usage to the blade or edge.

When we started my daughter jokingly asked if I had a knife 😆 I had two on me, a 110 sport pro and the Larrin. I pulled out the 501 and showed her and she says wow! are you sure you want to use it? I said that’s why I got it and showed her the sheath. She was impressed and really liked the looks of it but she doesn’t want to carry a knife to keep track of. Rolling my eyes 👀. Otherwise I probably would have got one of the few still left so she would have one. She’s one of those types that always looks for someone who carries one to cut stuff and open packages for her. Lol. I don’t know maybe that’s how she found her husband. Lol

Anyhow it’s a great little knife and I’m going to enjoy using it. I’m sorry I didn’t think to get some pictures of it in use .

I ignored this on release for a few reasons; but saw one in the Exchange recently & grabbed it. I think I was right the first time; but it's mine (for?) now. Honestly, I only took a quick look and put it back in it's bag...but it's a Buck 501, so it deserves at least some serious consideration.

I ignored this on release for a few reasons; but saw one in the Exchange recently & grabbed it. I think I was right the first time; but it's mine (for?) now. Honestly, I only took a quick look and put it back in it's bag...but it's a Buck 501, so it deserves at least some serious consideration.
Sent ya a message about a potential swap!

Back