Stealth Run #003 Released - 501 Magnacut "The Larrin"

I got mine on Saturday, but haven't had time to snap a photo yet. (The kids are heading back to school, so our summer routine is going out the window.)

It's a fantastic knife. If I shake it really, REALLY hard, I might hear a bit of a rattle. That could be me shaking the something else in the house though. It's a pretty near perfect knife.

Mine is the same. Someone just isn’t very good at grinding that side of a knife blade ;)😂

View attachment 2295373
The bevels were pretty wavy on mine as well. That I could live with, I’ll be using it and can even it out myself. The blade flopping around and rattling on the liners is another story. I got the return label from customer service today, hate that I have to send it off and wait a few weeks.

I dropped mine in the paved driveway stopping at the store Sunday morning. Made sure to get the first dings right out of the way, I'm not playing any games.
76ca1d57-a4a0-4bf7-967c-89af58cb387a_text.gif

Buck's should never be safe queens.

Mine is the same. Someone just isn’t very good at grinding that side of a knife blade ;)😂

View attachment 2295373
I’ve had my share of those and instead of sharpening it out myself. It takes me such a long time to correct an edge like that :rolleyes:
I now would buy another and send that one back for a refund :thumbsup:
if you send this one back to Buck you more than likely be disappointed in steel loss and possibly another bad edge.

I’ve had my share of those and instead of sharpening it out myself. It takes me such a long time to correct an edge like that :rolleyes:
I now would buy another and send that one back for a refund :thumbsup:
if you send this one back to Buck you more than likely be disappointed in steel loss and possibly another bad edge.

Yep, she’s a user now ;)

I used to think that also until my two Jasper BCCI 35ths (110 and 112) arrived with only fluffy padded zipper cases and no sheaths. I had originally planned to use them, but the apparent intent as delivered was different. So, I use other versions of those instead.
If they're rare pieces I understand. I use my buck's but I don't have anything crazy from Buck, I do have knives that I just can't bring myself to use like some of my CRK's.

If they're rare pieces I understand. I use my buck's but I don't have anything crazy from Buck, I do have knives that I just can't bring myself to use like some of my CRK's.
I have some other Buck's coming I'm hoping are users, the 501 Larrin, but also the 35th Elk 501 and Koa 112. I prefer user knives and buy with that intention, even if pretty. I planned my CRKs as users also. Even the S31 box elder burl, as pretty as it looks, should be a user for me.

Yep, she’s a user now ;)
I have some other Buck's coming I'm hoping are users, the 501 Larrin, but also the 35th Elk 501 and Koa 112. I prefer user knives and buy with that intention, even if pretty. I planned my CRKs as users also. Even the S31 box elder burl, as pretty as it looks, should be a user for me.
I have bought a lot knives with the intent of using them. I wouldn't call them safe queens but for one reason or another they end up not being used. Even then I don't want to get rid of them. :rolleyes:

I have bought a lot knives with the intent of using them. I wouldn't call them safe queens but for one reason or another they end up not being used. Even then I don't want to get rid of them. :rolleyes:

I’ve ended up with more than I’d like to admit like that. But this one, I’ve been asking (hoping) for, for quite a few years. I actually might use it 😇

^mostly this. well said Preston.

although talkin bout myself......sometimes I buy an extra one to just have for the collection.

Back