Stealth Run #003 Released - 501 Magnacut "The Larrin"

I got mine today and the blade is very loose when closed, and there is rattle from the blade hitting the liners. When open, there is still significant side to side play. I honestly thought it was broken when I was taking it out of the pouch because of the sound it made. It’s been 25 years or more since I’ve bought a Buck, but I’m assuming this is not normal…
I’d been wanting to get a 503 to replace the one my dad got me when I was a kid that was stolen with some other tools on a job, and when I saw this I thought it would do for the time being. I was really excited about this one. I’ve sent an email to customer service, I’ll see what they have to say. It’s a beautiful knife, that rattle would just drive me crazy

I received mine yesterday, and I'm thoroughly impressed. It's got a classic look that is well executed.

I had reservations about the price, but I feel this knife is worth it.The fit and finish is spot on, and that thing is sharp!

I like the sheath as well.
It's pretty cool.

Thanks Buck.
😎

I don’t know it might be the newness right now but I’ve got to say this is the sweetest smallish knife Buck has ever produced. In my opinion it’s the ultimate gentleman’s knife and the sheath is well thought out and pretty niffty to go along with the gentleman’s theme.

I like everything about it, the design thanks to Larrin not to mention the Magnacut blade but in a classic Buck clip point with a long pull, it opens so smoothly it’s like it’s on bearings. The grinds are done nicely and very sharp. Blade has no noticeable play in any position and locks solid, the lock back spring is flush in open and closed position. The ebony is extra classy coupled with the nickel silver frame and it is all done with perfect fit and finish. My Larrin is very well done and Buck and Larrin hit a smashing home run on this one!

I usually like a larger knife for work or outdoor stuff but for a gent’s knife in more casual settings it’s perfect. I will probably carry it along with a larger knife at work and play just for the lighter tasks and a sticker picker. Lol

Got mine in today!

Nice little knife! Not sure if that's a scratch next to the nail nick gonna need to buff and see.

Got mine in today!

Nice little knife! Not sure if that's a scratch next to the nail nick gonna need to buff and see.

It may be just the pictures in this thread, but the top of the ricasso looks like it curves toward the tip of the blade as it meets the top spine of the blade - except for your knife. The top of the ricasso looks straight across. Also, on the curved ricassos, the text follows the curve (at a slight angle). But, again, on yours it looks straight.

OR, its just the pictures. Curious.

Too bad about the scratch. Hopefully it buffs out.

It may be just the pictures in this thread, but the top of the ricasso looks like it curves toward the tip of the blade as it meets the top spine of the blade - except for your knife. The top of the ricasso looks straight across. Also, on the curved ricassos, the text follows the curve (at a slight angle). But, again, on yours it looks straight.

OR, its just the pictures. Curious.

Too bad about the scratch. Hopefully it buffs out.
I think it's just the angle of the photo, the blade is sitting up on the box while the rest of the knife is in the cardboard fluff.

Yeah scratch didn't just wipe off/buff out it's a faint scratch don't know how that would of happened in shipping.

Last edited:
I knew I should have not opened this thread! All of the photos landed the hook in me. I have one on the way.

These people here are all a bunch of enablers. I now also have one on order.

I already spent my knife budget earlier on a personal Buck grail, so was trying to hold out on this one. This all but ensures that the BOTM will be a must-have for me...

Just to update, mine is working itself in well enough that I don’t want to let it go back to the mothership for weeks. I’ll carry it until it’s perfectly mine. Still excited about this one.
That's good news! Also it's nice to know that you're not on a time crunch to send it in, the lifetime warranty has you covered if it never really "fixes" itself.

Back