Stealth Run #003 Released - 501 Magnacut "The Larrin"

Thanks Les.
I've been hoping they are as nice as you have described.
Thank you! It really is a beautiful knife, sorry for the notso good pics. It has a perfect centered blade not that I’m finicky about it and it is locks rock solid no blade play in any position, it looks to me to be a finely made knife in every way not to mention stellar materials and a nice etching of some geek glasses 🤓 lol.

20230818_194332.jpg

This knife crossed a lot of Ts and dotted a lot of Is for me. The 501 Squire (Esquire) was one of my first knives (and Buck knives). Being perfect as is (to me) I wasn't sure how I would like the clip point but always knew it was oddly missing from Buck's line up (ie. 503 = 55), This clip blade shape is fantastic! The French nail nick has a classic look and works great! The barehead is really appealing and cuts down weight and allows for more Ebony! I've been waiting patiently for Ebony on a 501. It's beautiful and has a warm texture that feels so so good. We'll see how Magnacut takes, but I'm pretty sure it will be the top dog for a long time to come. Thanks CJ Buck, Larrin Thomas and everyone involved. Bravo!

I received my Larrin today, it was waiting for me when I got home from work. I am happy as can be with it. Perfect fit and finish, good snap to hold it in the well, smooth opening almost like a bearing. Nice dark ebony with a brown tint which I like and the sheath is nice a soft but clips firmly in my pocket. Sharp as the dickens, very even symmetrical grinds . It opens so smooth and easy I can thumb it open one hand! I love this little knife! View attachment 2291615View attachment 2291616
That’s great, I’m very excited to get mine.

I received my Larrin today, it was waiting for me when I got home from work. I am happy as can be with it. Perfect fit and finish, good snap to hold it in the well, smooth opening almost like a bearing. Nice dark ebony with a brown tint which I like and the sheath is nice a soft but clips firmly in my pocket. Sharp as the dickens, very even symmetrical grinds . It opens so smooth and easy I can thumb it open one hand! I love this little knife! View attachment 2291615View attachment 2291616
Happy birthday to you Les! 🎁

Got mine today as well. Been waiting on this one for years! Every request/guess thread, this is what I’ve wanted. A long wait finally over.

Beautiful knife, and good F&F. The only problem with mine is that it does not close all the way when letting it drop shut, you have to manually push the blade (finish closing it) about the last 1/8-1/4” or so. The tip protrudes above the handle unless you manually finish closing it. Disappointed isn’t the word. Heartbroken.
I know Buck will make it right, but I get to whine a bit about waiting another couple weeks after all these years of wanting and waiting ;)

Sorry to hear that. I'm awaiting mine today. If it shows up like yours, I'll flush it out. Many times there's polishing compound and other debris keeping the blade from going all the way down. HTH.

I figured I’d work it this weekend since it can’t go in the mail until Monday anyway. If nothing changes, off she goes. But yes, that was my first thought as well. It “snaps” at the bottom like it’s hitting its lowest point (but you can still push it deeper into the frame for a full close) so it’s got me a bit puzzled. Either way, we finally got our clip 501 and I’m still happy about that.

Back