Stealth Run #005 - 110 60th Anniversary Magnacut Honduran Rosewood

View attachment 2461319View attachment 2461320
Mine just showed up. I’m not thrilled with the scales but that’s the nature of the beast. Lighting is hard to tell but one side is way lighter than the other. I’ll probably move this one along.
I don't think it looks bad at all, and you may want to sleep on it before you pass it along.

Mine just showed up. I’m not thrilled with the scales but that’s the nature of the beast. Lighting is hard to tell but one side is way lighter than the other. I’ll probably move this one along.
Mine's the same way, but just doesn't bother me, the nature of natural wood with so many variations and all....though I do wonder if you couldn't take some dark stain and darken up the one side a bit?
It's also amazing how the wood pops with a little moisture on it as I was cleaning the compound around the rivets, wonder if there's something you could apply to make it shiny like that all the time?

Sorry you don't like it! On the bright side, if you sell or trade it, there are a bunch of old dudes here who would be happy to get it!

The picture posted above was my attempt at taking indoor pictures which has never turned out well......that picture was the only one out of 9 that was acceptable to post. The rest were too dark, or blurry....... It hasn't sat well since I posted it, so I decided to take one outside for pictures. I didn't get anything too unique on the scales, but they are all very nice.
View attachment 2463161View attachment 2463162View attachment 2463163View attachment 2463164View attachment 2463165View attachment 2463166View attachment 2463167View attachment 2463168

The picture posted above was my attempt at taking indoor pictures which has never turned out well......that picture was the only one out of 9 that was acceptable to post. The rest were too dark, or blurry....... It hasn't sat well since I posted it, so I decided to take one outside for pictures. I didn't get anything too unique on the scales, but they are all very nice.
View attachment 2463161View attachment 2463162View attachment 2463163View attachment 2463164View attachment 2463165View attachment 2463166View attachment 2463167View attachment 2463168

Gee, I hope the snow doesn't cause rust on those blades made from Magna . . . oh. Wait.

Here's mine, finally! The covers are not matching but I still love it. The lighter pile side has some great chatoyance that is hard to capture, it's really pretty.

View attachment 2462781

View attachment 2462780

They look good to me. It reminds me of the 70s, when they came with macassar ebony scales. Matching scales were rare, it just added to the personality of every knife.

They look good to me. It reminds me of the 70s, when they came with macassar ebony scales. Matching scales were rare, it just added to the personality of every knife.
Thanks, yes I’m really happy with it. These were epic releases from Buck and I think maybe it has boosted their popularity just a little bit. I’m excited to see what else they will offer this year!

Last edited:
Back