Stealth Run #005 - 110 60th Anniversary Magnacut Honduran Rosewood

Okay - I am liking mine much better now! Thanks!
You should, it's absolutely gorgeous, that two-tone is really going to contribute to collector value as well IMO.

Dang, I had intended my blade to be a daily carry...not so sure I want two tone now as it would likely spend it's life in the collection cabinet, lol.

You should, it's absolutely gorgeous, that two-tone is really going to contribute to collector value as well IMO.

Dang, I had intended my blade to be a daily carry...not so sure I want two tone now as it would likely spend it's life in the collection cabinet, lol.

I plan to carry the 112, not this bigger 60th anniversary Buck 110. I'm also saving my nickel silver 50th anniversary Ranger 112 for something, I just don't know what yet. Although, I guess if my future potential grandkids wanted grandpa's knife, they'd want it to be one he carried. I now have 4 Buck 112, so I could carry 3 of them in rotation... I'd bet kids these days are more likely to want one of my TRM or Koenig, not a traditional.

Arrived today - I was surprised to get two-tone scales with this type of wood. Both sides do match:

NXuARYE.jpg
RmoJpHb.jpg
1Chan25.jpg
3hVOznu.jpg

Those scales are suh-weet!

SUCCESS! My USPS mail carrier kept their appointed rounds today and my mailbox contained treasure when I got home a little while ago!

First thoughts: @Buck Knives Inc.

o Wow!
o This is the best work on a Buck 110 I've owned, including several dealer exclusives. The build/assembly is just as it should be. Lock is secure and does not stick. The blade grind is excellent, as is the edge. Well done.
o The edge and sharpening match what I got on those two 2021 110s I used to rave about. Very, very pointy and easily new Spyderco-level sharp. Well done.
o I can't tell if the bolsters are nickel silver or brass. The photos look like nickel, but they have a bit of a pale brassy hue in person and less "silvery" than I've seen before. However, the color is perfect with the scales. Well done.
o For some reason, it looks smaller than my other 110s! I know it's not, but it looks that way. Maybe I have a brain tumor.
o Wow!
o The distressed leather sheath is a bit stiffer than others I've had, which is an improvement. Well done.
o Eet weel cut. It wasn't a hard task, but I sliced a Quest bar wrapper open and it was effortless. A lot of factory knives will slide across similar wrappers without a significant amount of pressure or a bit of attention to the apex of the edge (either not sharp, has a burr folder over, or too polished and won't "bite"). This is an excellent out of the box edge. Well done.
o If I have any nitpicks . . . there's a little too much polishing/buffing compound residue still in the action. A little Slip2000 EWL is dealing with that. I'll reserve comment on the action until it has a bit of time to float the crud out and seep into where it needs to go to lubricate.

After I bought this knife on 1/10, I was concerned I might have buyer's remorse, but I am very happy with it. It will be my primary carry/user and my 2021 Buck 110 will go to a new home with my nephew. If I follow through with my plans to do some squirrel hunting on Tuesday and I also get one or more, I'll christen the Magnacut Marvel with a little bushy-tailed tree rat processing. And the next steak I enjoy will be rendered into bite sized pieces with it (I may even wash it between),
post pic of the new 110 on your squirrel hunting trip. 110 is an american classic. magnacut seems like its a great steel. i only have experience with the 420hc

Mine came yesterday, but I didn't receive an 'informed delivery' from USPS so I waited until I read this AM B Bill Chamberlin had ordered his right after the drop as I did. So, I got back into USPS Informed Delivery website and there it was! Just got back from the mail house and am warming/cleaning it up a bit for it's portrait.
OiZz0Ok.jpg

I ordered mine on 10th, first thing. It shipped on the 11th and I got it on the 13th.
Thats fast free shipping from Idaho to Ohio.
I could have chosen exspress shipping for $20 and wasted my money.
I paid free shipping to Gary G2 on the 10th, and $20 shipping for mine to me on the 10th, we both got ours on the 13th...

thing I love about wood , stag, elk and other natural materials....so much variety and each has it own unique beauty.

so far all ive seen are gorgeous. haven't seen one I didn't like yet.......doubt I will......

I paid free shipping to Gary G2 on the 10th, and $20 shipping for mine to me on the 10th, we both got ours on the 13th...
Sorry you had that happen. We're both in the Colorado? front range. I ordered mine on the 10th and went with free shipping, got mine on the 13th. I learned from a couple of attempts to get faster delivery from USPS by paying the premium rate that it wasn't worth it and don't do it any longer.

Sorry you had that happen. We're both in the Colorado? front range. I ordered mine on the 10th and went with free shipping, got mine on the 13th. I learned from a couple of attempts to get faster delivery from USPS by paying the premium rate that it wasn't worth it and don't do it any longer.
Yep! $20 My FedEx went from Post Falls ID to Colorado Springs CO in the SAME amount of time that the free US Postal shipping delivered Gary's 110 to New York. The Buck Website was estimating Friday the 19th to both me or Gary for Postal, and Tuesday the 16th via FedEX. I ordered his first, then ordered mine but decided to rush it. Haha silly human.

Back