Stealth Run #005 - 110 60th Anniversary Magnacut Honduran Rosewood

LOVE mine!
BO5yPfil.jpg

Ocg2wtXl.jpg
Of all the scales i've seen so far, those are my favorite, the kind of mixed/mottled look of them is just stunning.

Well, I'm waiting for a Les George VECP, my 110 stealth run, and two 112 stealth runs, but ran into the Polar Vortex Redux on Friday and forgot that some people get to take off for Martin Luther King Day, so I guess tomorrow maybe? Glad I got regular shipping!

Well . . . Shafted by USPS once again. They supposedly delivered it on Monday, just not to me. Second time this has happened in less than a month. Of course, they have no idea where it is. I guess the best I can do is reach out to Buck now. It's not like I can just order another one.

Well . . . Shafted by USPS once again. They supposedly delivered it on Monday, just not to me. Second time this has happened in less than a month. Of course, they have no idea where it is. I guess the best I can do is reach out to Buck now. It's not like I can just order another one.
I have had USPS say they are going to deliver on a certain day, then say that it's delivered that day but comes the next, thinking that this past month with the holiday they might be behind. Buck sends them with tracking so if it is lost maybe that will help in the recovery. Best of luck.

I ended up ordering two of this run. One when it was released and another 7 hours later. I received the first one Friday and was disappointed with the blade grind/sharpening. You can see they took excess material off at the choil (lower pictured blade) and also fanned out a little at the tip. Since this knife is all about the Magnacut steel, I feel being nitpicky about the sharpening is valid, at least in my opinion. I held back on posting until I received my 2nd knife, which arrived today. This one is a better example and a keeper. I already contacted Buck about the first knife and they are taking care of me. Thanks Buck!

20240116_142816-1705440659474_70.jpg

I ended up ordering two of this run. One when it was released and another 7 hours later. I received the first one Friday and was disappointed with the blade grind/sharpening. You can see they took excess material off at the choil (lower pictured blade) and also fanned out a little at the tip. Since this knife is all about the Magnacut steel, I feel being nitpicky about the sharpening is valid, at least in my opinion. I held back on posting until I received my 2nd knife, which arrived today. This one is a better example and a keeper. I already contacted Buck about the first knife and they are taking care of me. Thanks Buck!

View attachment 2459843
I've seen that more and more lately. that i dislike more than blade touching liner and other complained on dislikes. that's years of steel gone.

glad they're gonna take care of it.

It's here!! After the usual weird PO journey, lol. It's a thing of beauty, little bit of compound i'll deal with here in a bit, but blade is well-centered, the grinds are perfectly straight, the stamps are crisp, the wood is gorgeous, a little on the lighter side of the ones i've seen, lockup is super tight and it came light-saber sharp, came real close to blooding it already checking the edge, lol.

Love that 60 in the anvil. Absolutely adore the nickel silver bolsters as i've just never been in to the brass look. The sheath itself deserves comment as it's also well-made and beautiful, dark charcoal with just the slightest hint of blue.

All in all super happy with it, this will be my daily carry most days for the rest of my days, the first 110 i've owned in 40 years....Thanks Buck!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:😍

View attachment 2459843
I’m sorry. That looks really sloppy.

Back