Stealth Run #005 - 110 60th Anniversary Magnacut Honduran Rosewood

SUCCESS! My USPS mail carrier kept their appointed rounds today and my mailbox contained treasure when I got home a little while ago!

First thoughts: Buck Knives Inc. Buck Knives Inc.

o Wow!
o This is the best work on a Buck 110 I've owned, including several dealer exclusives. The build/assembly is just as it should be. Lock is secure and does not stick. The blade grind is excellent, as is the edge. Well done.
o The edge and sharpening match what I got on those two 2021 110s I used to rave about. Very, very pointy and easily new Spyderco-level sharp. Well done.
o I can't tell if the bolsters are nickel silver or brass. The photos look like nickel, but they have a bit of a pale brassy hue in person and less "silvery" than I've seen before. However, the color is perfect with the scales. Well done.
o For some reason, it looks smaller than my other 110s! I know it's not, but it looks that way. Maybe I have a brain tumor.
o Wow!
o The distressed leather sheath is a bit stiffer than others I've had, which is an improvement. Well done.
o Eet weel cut. It wasn't a hard task, but I sliced a Quest bar wrapper open and it was effortless. A lot of factory knives will slide across similar wrappers without a significant amount of pressure or a bit of attention to the apex of the edge (either not sharp, has a burr folder over, or too polished and won't "bite"). This is an excellent out of the box edge. Well done.
o If I have any nitpicks . . . there's a little too much polishing/buffing compound residue still in the action. A little Slip2000 EWL is dealing with that. I'll reserve comment on the action until it has a bit of time to float the crud out and seep into where it needs to go to lubricate.

After I bought this knife on 1/10, I was concerned I might have buyer's remorse, but I am very happy with it. It will be my primary carry/user and my 2021 Buck 110 will go to a new home with my nephew. If I follow through with my plans to do some squirrel hunting on Tuesday and I also get one or more, I'll christen the Magnacut Marvel with a little bushy-tailed tree rat processing. And the next steak I enjoy will be rendered into bite sized pieces with it (I may even wash it between),

Last edited:
Arrived today - I was surprised to get two-tone scales with this type of wood. Both sides do match:

NXuARYE.jpg
RmoJpHb.jpg
1Chan25.jpg
3hVOznu.jpg

Thanks to DocJekl DocJekl on this one, we've been bouncing back and forth on knives and when this one showed up it was a no brainer as it's been years since I've had a 110, thanks Doc! AND thanks to Buck knives for getting this out the door and all the way across the country in record time!

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

One solid folder right there and the sheath is well of this made too
G2

Your photography and lighting is always out of this world 🤗

Mine also arrived today. My “distressed leather“ feels more like fresh new suede leather to me. This is my first Buck 110 in 30 years. I have a bunch of 112s but lost my 110 a while ago.

IMG_7030.jpegIMG_7032.jpegIMG_7035.jpegIMG_7036.jpeg
IMG_7037.jpeg

I love it! I think the two tone looks great. 👍

Beautiful!

Me too! Had no idea it could come like that, hoping I get one now. :p

Nice!
Those 2 tones are a surprise.
I'd of sprung for one of those.

Congrats guys.
👍

I thought mine looked good. But it looks Plain Jane compared to the 2 tones

Okay - I am liking mine much better now! Thanks!

Mine will be here Tuesday. If I get a sappy piece of rosewood I’m sending it back.

Or maybe if somebody likes that look I’d trade.
The light color is for younger Rosewood, correct

Last edited:
Back