Stealth Run #005 - 110 60th Anniversary Magnacut Honduran Rosewood

Why is there so much resentment and animosity towards people who attempt to sell knives on eBay at a profit? Is it any product sold at a profit or only Buck knives? If it is the latter the question again is why?
And the two above the sellers obviously didn't even have the knives in they're possession yet.
T troutbum243 you might be confusing utter and complete amazement with resentment and animosity ;)

If you want the item you pay the price, if you don't Iike it at that price you don't buy it, a very simple economic principle. No different than a car, a house, or a can of soup. In the final analysis a knife is just a product, subject to the same economic principles as all other products.
whos saying otherwise? when you buy a house for $40k, cut the grass and put it back on the market for $1m. you look silly.

edit: you also look like you have 0 knowledge or interest in the product your selling.

Last edited:
Benny snd Trout,
I suggest the 2 of you put each other on ignore.

This isn't the first thread the 2 of you have went at it.

Last edited:
If you want the item you pay the price, if you don't Iike it at that price you don't buy it, a very simple economic principle. No different than a car, a house, or a can of soup. In the final analysis a knife is just a product, subject to the same economic principles as all other products.
I agree.

But.

Part of the simple economic principles is that people are entitled to express their opinions about your business practices, including pricing and the literal selling of items you don't have in your possession using pictures that aren't yours (because you don't even have the item in your possession).

The correct response to the price is just for the market to communicate to the seller that no one is interested at that price, which I'm certainly rooting for, but there may be someone who is willing to pay it, in which case the buyer will hopefully be happy to have a knife he wanted, the seller will hopefully be happy to have made the money he wanted, and all the observers will hopefully be happy to have had the opportunity to deride both buyer and seller.

I think the animosity happens when something is a limited quantity, and there are people who would use/appreciate something, and they miss out on it to people who's only motivation is making a profit on the limited nature.... And in turn have to pay an inflated price (above what the original value was) for it.

I work in the ticketing world, and there's a similar animosity toward ticket brokers. If I want to see a concert and a good ticket is $100, but someone buys a bunch and flips them for $200, then it's annoying to fans. I get that the market set that $200 price, but there is a better acceptance of a knife company (or musical artist) making a profit on their work, than some reseller who just takes advantage of the market.

I think we all understand it's the system we have, and getting angry about it doesn't really help, but I see the frustration. You can't win... if the knife company (or artist) charges a lot up front, they get blasted, but if they charge too little for something (in demand) and flippers make a lot of money on resale (GEC knives), then there is frustration too. I'm curious what price the market will support for this, Magnacut is everywhere now, so it's not the same as last year's Stealth Run in that regard.

That said, my 110 is slowly making it's way here across the country *refreshes USPS.com again*, but I am looking forward to using and enjoying it!

Why is there so much resentment and animosity towards people who attempt to sell knives on eBay at a profit? Is it any product sold at a profit or only Buck knives? If it is the latter the question again is why?
Why do you resent opinions from other people about outrageous profits ? Maybe it’s hitting a nerve. Yeah there are many of us who have animosity towards flippers that sell knives they don’t even have yet.

Yikes... I went through all my posts back to April of last year and couldn't find an interaction with this guy... possibly deleted? Sorry for opening this can of worms...

Ah shoot, I probably shouldn't have said anything, none of my business and I don't mean to be harshing somebody's side gig that may need it, hell Murphy's laws of irony means that since I opened my mouth something will probably happen and i'll need to sell some of my stuff.

But note: As I mentioned, I was not complaining about the price, I made it abundantly clear the two things that bugged me about it. I own antiques now that are worth twice what I paid for them 10 years ago, and that's what I would ask were I to sell.

Not the price or the fact that it's being done, simply: others folks pics, and not actually having what you're trying to sell. Sabe`?

Yikes... I went through all my posts back to April of last year and couldn't find an interaction with this guy... possibly deleted? Sorry for opening this can of worms...

Nope, my bad entirely, I need to think more and post less.

Ah..Buck we ABSOLUTELY need a Magancut 112. Preferably in a drop point blade profile. If yall decided to incorporate a premium handle material like black Palm wood or Elk I'm also positive it would sell extremely fast. But to keep cost down Ebony handles would be just fine..

Back