• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Steve Corkum does not deliver on paid orders

Glock27...don't drag a good company down with Steve.
A lot of businesses , unfortunatly, are pretty much stuck with trying to move Steves knives. :mad:

Many companies are hurting with trying to move their corkum stock. This is only due to one reason, and that is steve himself. I will always believe it is a great shame, because personally, steve can do magnificent work, it`s just that he has taken a very different road.

Corkum does designs and license's his designs for a number of Manufactures. If everyone that responded to this post sent letters or emails to the companies that pay him for his name/design on their product and explained that they will not buy their product because of the "bad will" created. These companies might reconsider some of there contracts with Corkum or pressure him to clean up his act!

IIRC people have done that & he no longer designs for CRKT. CRKT no longer makes his stuff irregardless........

does he design for others??

SIFU1A said:
IIRC people have done that & he no longer designs for CRKT. CRKT no longer makes his stuff irregardless........

does he design for others??

I can't find any other company that Corkum works with.

He's got a Shobu 5" blade on Ebay right now... can we assume it is even genuine?

Don't really understand your comment?
What has it got to do with him not delivering on paid orders?
The Shobu listed is one of his, you are bidding on it.
Thanks, signed confused of NY.:confused:

Yes, I am bidding.... but then I found this thread, and it made me wonder if his business practices influenced his work. If you review the posts you will see there was a question to that effect above. In any event, the seller has kindly responded to my question and alleviated any doubt as to the authenticity of the knife in question. The whole thing sounds like another Allen Blade thread, who also makes nice knives, but sours a lot of people by way of reprehensible business practices.

although corkum makes really nice stuff, i would be hesitant to buy anything of his, if ya have any problems with the knife or need some repair/etc ya cant send it to him without wondering if ya will ever see the thing again, not to even speak of all the other problems he has had. he does nice work but there are plenty of good decent honest smiths who also do great work, ya just gotta decide if thats what ya want. i think i will pass on his stuff myself.

SIFU1A said:
...there are plenty of good decent honest smiths who also do great work, ya just gotta decide if thats what ya want.

Like SIFU1A said...why waste your time & money on someone who treats others like that?

My 2 cents: If it's Japanese inspired knives you want, consider RJ Martin & Mike Snody. IMHO they're two of the absolute best. I'm sure there are many others too. Hell, I certainly wouldn't mind owning anything by Wally Hayes!

And don't forget guys like Michael Burch (sells here and on USN as Burchtree) & Chiro75 (currrently taking a hiatus)- they both do excellent work in a slightly lower price bracket from those already mentioned.

Didn't mean to leave out any of the other exceptional makers - I am sure there are many, many more. Just wanted to offer opinion based upon my own personal experience in terms of what I own & who I've dealt with.

Hope this helps,
JohnC

SIFU1A said:
although corkum makes really nice stuff, i would be hesitant to buy anything of his, if ya have any problems with the knife or need some repair/etc ya cant send it to him without wondering if ya will ever see the thing again, not to even speak of all the other problems he has had. he does nice work but there are plenty of good decent honest smiths who also do great work, ya just gotta decide if thats what ya want. i think i will pass on his stuff myself.

+1

abcdefghijklmnop

NOOOOoooooo....REALLY?! We've only been saying that here for like 2 FREAKING YEARS!

:mad:
Has anyone ever got anything?
Suddenly thought that maybe everyone else got their knives or their money back, with interest, of course. And I was the only one still out of pocket. Only because he lost my number or something genuine like that. Or that maybe he's been sick or something, that would be awful, poor thing!!
Then I woke up:rolleyes:

I have quite a few knives that have been paid for 3 to 5 years ago, however I have not seen most of them
\

IMHO there is no excuse for this. None what-so-ever that could explain a 5 year wait. Sad.

Hoody

Saw a bunch of Corkum knives @ a recent show. Poor guys were stuck with them- said that there was *no* interest in the knives from people who knew who the maker was & for others that asked the maker & were told- they just smiled & thanked them & walked away. His reputation proceeds him. Mr Corkum has pretty much "jumped the shark" in the knife business IMHO. Won't be long until he'll have to find another line of work. I feel bad for those who own customs & are finding the secondary market drying up.

If six individuals complain to the postal investigators they will [be bound to?] investigate.
As long as something went through the mail it's their business, so if you mailed a check or MO, or he mailed you anything regarding the transaction I'm fairly sure it will count.

Back