• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Steven Ketchen <spketch> MIA: Overbooked? Off the grid? Lost his phone? What's up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received my Yawara stick From joejeweler what an awesome little defensive carry tool.... Joe thanks so much it sits nestled in my back pocket as I type... the grip is phenomenal.. you are truly a standup guy thanks so much.

Onto grimmer news , nothing from Ketchen.. did email him in a vain attempt to get a response, no go. Also tried to call him straight to mailbox which is still full and not accepting any messages. Sigh!

Just received my Yawara stick From joejeweler what an awesome little defensive carry tool.... Joe thanks so much it sits nestled in my back pocket as I type... the grip is phenomenal.. you are truly a standup guy thanks so much.

Onto grimmer news , nothing from Ketchen.. did email him in a vain attempt to get a response, no go. Also tried to call him straight to mailbox which is still full and not accepting any messages. Sigh!

I think the law has gotten thru to him and he's looking at charges unless he makes good to everyone he's left in the lurch...otherwise he'd never made a move on my jobs.

Let's face it, I'm several hundred miles removed from him, had already gotten a PayPal decision against him...I was at the limit of what I could do. The Detective was the game changer and I'm VERY confident he's gonna follow thru until everyone has been processed.

Glad you like it,...but then of the hundreds sold over the last 2 years into 20 Countries so far,... not a single return on my one year no question asked money back guaranty. There is a reason.... :)

Onto grimmer news, I suspect since he's gotten at least one member "whole", he'll get around to the rest eventually. He knows "one" customer getting what they paid for won't get him off the legal hook,...but it takes time to do the work now that he's back to it. So I suspect extended patience will be required from all those affected.

Also,...since the LEO was able to talk to Steve K personally, I think the best way to "reach" Steve is with a Certified or Registered Letter via the USPS, possibly with Return Receipt Requested so you get a signature confirmation. Detail out what you sent and or paid for, and what you expect as a resolution. (items back at minimum, and any funds sent in advance to be returned if he can't or won't get the job finished).

As I mentioned previously, if anyone in this mess used the USPS for ANY part of the transaction already,... either in sending knives or a check for payment, ...Steve is already on the hook for potential Federal Fraud Crimes. Sending a followup demand letter can only help to solidify any case on the Federal level "if" ever needed. Hopefully it won't as this new development of returned work has initiated. :)

I'm praying for the rest of you,.....and deep down really hope he gets going again as he was known to deal with folks,....although paying after the work is done will be the best way for a long time. Reps are hard to build,...and even harder to "rebuild" when you've gone off a cliff. But given time and some good reviews, I'll willing to risk a knife or two at first to get some of his great work. :)

Joe T
Ti Rod Tactical

Last edited:
Wow, I can't believe that some knives were actually returned. What I'd give to be a fly on the wall to hear what caused this whole debacle. I have confident that the rest will be made whole. You have had god like patience until now, just keep it up a little longer.

I am beginning to feel like one of those two vultures sitting in a tree where one turns to the other and says "patience my ass" you can figure out the rest of the statement. Still nothing from Ketchen.

My patience is waning... I am contemplating writing Steve another letter. This time I will take joejewelers advice and send it certified requiring a signature of receipt. The letter will start with me informing Ketchen that I am considering bumping this mess up to Federal due to him using the net and postal service for fraudulent purposes. Next part of letter hold out an olive branch stating how he has a rare opportunity to repair his tattered reputation if he is willing to communicate with us via this site and offer an explanationt or excuse on what happened.. no need to go into detail if it involves personal stuff. I will also offer the carrot of sending him another knife to work on if he wishes to continue this line of work to help him start rebuilding his reputation.

Good idea or bad idea?

My patience is waning... I am contemplating writing Steve another letter. This time I will take joejewelers advice and send it certified requiring a signature of receipt. The letter will start with me informing Ketchen that I am considering bumping this mess up to Federal due to him using the net and postal service for fraudulent purposes. Next part of letter hold out an olive branch stating how he has a rare opportunity to repair his tattered reputation if he is willing to communicate with us via this site and offer an explanationt or excuse on what happened.. no need to go into detail if it involves personal stuff. I will also offer the carrot of sending him another knife to work on if he wishes to continue this line of work to help him start rebuilding his reputation.

Good idea or bad idea?

Mostly good,...just don't send anything else until you hear back from him and what he relays sounds reasonable. (and make it something you can live without,...just "in case". The "Fed" part is great by the way,....wonder where you heard about that? ;)

Ok a possible update. On the USPS Informed Delivery today, I have a package inbound from Boylston, MA. When I look at the Google map, it's a stones throw away from Clinton, MA.

Fingers crossed, hang in there Ernest.
Hoping for ya bro... I am still mystified on why Steve has not tried to communicate with any of us. His phones mailbox is full and no response to emails and I have written 2 letters and received no answers. I will hold off on another letter until next week to see if you have gotten your knife back in good repair.

Mostly good,...just don't send anything else until you hear back from him and what he relays sounds reasonable. (and make it something you can live without,...just "in case". The "Fed" part is great by the way,....wonder where you heard about that? ;)
Joe

When this forum first got started I did ask if this was a possible Fed case and received no answers but you kinda hammered it ho e for me. I am reluctant to try and involve the Feds as they play real nasty... I don't want to destroy the guy.. he does have a family and young children could be impacted.. and I don't know if Steve set out to commit fraud or if he just fell into a funk. Hopefully this forum has alerted other potential victims to steer clear until some sort of resolution has been accomplished.but trying the the Feds is becoming an idea easier to consider as time goes by.. silence is not golden.

I understand that also,...and until you actually know what's going on fair to hold back on the big guns, so to speak. What I'd be more inclined to do is simply "inform" Steve of the potential for Federal involvement should he not rectify the situation. Lots of "honest folks" aren't aware that simply using the USPS anywhere in a transaction can elevate it to Fed involvement if actual fraud is involved. That's why most scammers will try to get cash or merchandise sent to them via FedEx or UPS. USPS "Express Mail" shipment is definitely NOT wanted by scammers!

Last edited:
Pete why was the ban lifted... there are still a few of us who have not received our knives back.. he still isn't communicating with anyone that I am aware of... you are currently the only member that has received your knives that I am aware of...he still has a ways to go to clean up this mess?

Pete why was the ban lifted... there are still a few of us who have not received our knives back.. he still isn't communicating with anyone that I am aware of... you are currently the only member that has received your knives that I am aware of...he still has a ways to go to clean up this mess?

It appears as though temp bans are in place for a given period of time determined when the ban is instituted. It looks as though that period of time has expired. It would have expired regardless of what he did or did not do. Another temp ban could probably be put in place, but that is something for the mods to figure out. And since I am not a mod, what it looks like to me may be all wrong, but from appearances alone, that looks like how things work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back