• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Steven Ketchen <spketch> MIA: Overbooked? Off the grid? Lost his phone? What's up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has everyones personal contact information so the "Ban" has nothing to do with the silence.

Yes...BF ban certainly doesn't extend to personal email, cell phone calls, txt msgs., or even snail mail.

Impossible to say where we'd be on the alternate timeline if the law didn't get involved...but I 100% believe I'd be sitting here whistlin' Dixie, several hundred $$$ in the hole.

Well knock me flat out cold...went to the mailbox and lo and behold a package from Mr. Ketchen... now I see why everyone raved about his work.

I never did receive a shipping notice on my dashboard.

Steve sent along a brief note apologizing about the delay... and somewhat left scratching my head some grass tweed micarta for scales on my Gayle Bradley Original. Not sure what to do with it as I have no idea on how to make scales.

I will,post a picture latter this evening.. need my wife's help I do not do computer stuff very well.... I can sharpen the heck out of a knife, I can reload, I can track a wounded beast... but computers just mystify me.

Well folks I was going to post a picture of the work Steve did on my knife but can't figure out how to get the picture on this page.. my wife who is pretty computer savvy can't either... some suggestions or a quick how to would
be appreciated.

Well folks I was going to post a picture of the work Steve did on my knife but can't figure out how to get the picture on this page.. my wife who is pretty computer savvy can't either... some suggestions or a quick how to would
be appreciated.
I’m not sure if unpaid members have the same interface, but if at the bottom of your REPLY box has “Upload a File,” start by clicking that.

Awesome you were made whole!

be appreciated.

1. Go here > http://postimages.org
2. Click "choose images" and click your images
3. Once it's done loading click the image, then right click it and either "Copy URL" or "Open in new tab" and then copy the text in the address bar
4. Paste onto here, and put the [ IMG] [ / IMG ] tags around it (remove the spaces between the letters).

[https://postimg.org/image/373u4f0gej]
Here it is I think.. if not just take my word for it.. nice.. very nice!

Walnut?

IMG_0038.jpg

He has everyones personal contact information so the "Ban" has nothing to do with the silence.

I wasn't implying that at all. I meant that a public response would go a long way with all of those offering the olive branch. Breaking the silence from going dark would be a positive step. The temp ban expiring would allow him that opportunity.

I wanted to give an update.I received my knives and scales in the mail yesterday.I hadnt paid for anything but Steve still included the scales we were discussing about putting on them.They still have to be fitted.He also included a letter as well apologizing.

I cant understand why Steve just dropped communication.I considered him a good friend and would have gladly gave him as much time as he needed.I know alot of people would have.It really puzzles me.

We are all puzzled brother.
I’m just glad you guys got your stuff back and maybe when he’s ready Steve will drop by to let us know what happened.
Joe

I wanted to give an update.I received my knives and scales in the mail yesterday.I hadnt paid for anything but Steve still included the scales we were discussing about putting on them.They still have to be fitted.He also included a letter as well apologizing.

I cant understand why Steve just dropped communication.I considered him a good friend and would have gladly gave him as much time as he needed.I know alot of people would have.It really puzzles me.

[https://postimg.org/image/373u4f0gej]
Here it is I think.. if not just take my word for it.. nice.. very nice!

I think we need to "right" your knife, so through the magic of editing (& making use of the shadow area)...... Presto Chango.... :)
Sq2f33Q.jpg

On a side note,...I really hope this doesn't turn out that Steve was ill, as he HAS worked with a lot of nasty scale stuff. I recently found out how,... with just a little Cocobolo sanding! :(

About 5 days ago I used a 1/2" drum sander to add an easy opening slot, and a slight rounding of butt end of an old Schrade Walden 136 Hawkbill. I used just a simple hospital style paper mask, AND tried to hold my breath during the actual sanding part.

But in the end my arms were itchy for a few days, even after several showers,..but more importantly,...my lungs have been irritated and I've been coughing regularly and bringing up some mucus also. I knew Cocobolo is one of the nasty woods to sand,..but I've done lots of G10 this way and so far no real problem with that. Gonna look into a respirator style mask soon for sure....

BTW, I also ended up converting it to a Sheepsfoot blade. Because of all the previous sharpening done, had I wanted a proper Hawkbill it would have taken away much more metal. I added a half stop too, and a thicker 1/8" SS pivot while I had the blade out.

Beefy folder now for sure, and rides at my hip in custom leather snap over sheath. Always ready for piecing together 3 sided Triangular priority mail boxes for my longer 46" and longer Titanium Walking Staffs...... :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back