• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Yes they only crank out knives to keep the sick joke that they are going. The whole we are making SK line to make things go faster but they never did. The stupid fanboys saying that there will be less demand for GSO when the SK are made and that Millet were making them was a total lie. Millet never made them and they admitted that they were not made. Same bogus story that their standards were not met. What a load of BS from Guy and the rest of the lying scum despots. Then there was the crazy Essential line that people were suppose to get in a short time and that was quickly rejected too. They open all their orders up for every single model again with some new one and things are suppose to go faster. It takes them 5 years to get the 7/7 done and that is only after many of the people asked for a refund. People don't realize that the GSO 6 that they took orders on over 5 years ago have not even started. Remember that whole each model was going to be done in 2 months time frame. Well here we are with October nearly upon us and they have not even started. They changed the words to would be finished to expected to start shipping. That can mean one knife to their attack dogs on FB or where ever. I don't give a sewer rats @r$# if they are offended by us calling them a ponzi scam. Their sick excuse is you could have asked for a refund know fully well that people were understanding and patient and most likely got a bogus email saying that it should be done soon. Soon to them is in a lifetime. If you read their business model they don't have to ship you your knife, they can take how long they want to, you agree to everything that protects them, and if the FTC makes them refund your money and that is why they are upon demand, that they DON'T have any desire to finish your blade. They only crank them out to slow the request for money refunds. This clown show has taken in over 100K orders and has sat on that money for years. They switched to an LLC to keep you from going after them. Good luck getting your few hundreds back from the sale of their equipment. They have found a way to rake in millions and with the economy the way it has been for the last 3 years that means 25% return on 20 to 30 millions dollars compounding each year. That is why they made the announcement about going out of business for a while. They have the funds to live off now. Ask yourself why would a person not go to work to spend time with outdoors and friends if they were so in debt they had to work? Those 4 day work weeks must be super rough. They will come back as another company and build the hype up and start again if need be because there are people out there that want to trust what they write. I don't care how gold the print is when these con artist put it down it is worthless. Not a single objective has been met as far as customer service. The whole we are not hearing from them for 3 months or more in an email means they are so backlogged about complaints that they can't get to your questions. They are millionaires now and their time is to valuable to talk with you the commoners. Report them to the FTC, BBB, and the ID AG now. They have scrubbed FB of their dirty dealings along with other forums. The bottle neck is not other companies it is them. I know one man operations that produce more products than them lying crooks. Nothing good comes from Survive and I can't even trust that their blades are made from whatever they claim maybe that is why their warranty doesn't really cover the knife except if you are cutting things. That is right if you baton with it and it snaps they will not help you. If your heat treat is off and you send it in they wont even send the thing back and you will be out of a knife. Worst Knife Company Ever. I would rather take a 440a knife from anywhere than their product.

Last edited:
Yes they only crank out knives to keep the sick joke that they are going. The whole we are making SK line to make things go faster but they never did. The stupid fanboys saying that there will be less demand for GSO when the SK are made and that Millet were making them was a total lie. Millet never made them and they admitted that they were not made. Same bogus story that their standards were not met. What a load of BS from Guy and the rest of the lying scum despots. Then there was the crazy Essential line that people were suppose to get in a short time and that was quickly rejected too. They open all their orders up for every single model again with some new one and things are suppose to go faster. It takes them 5 years to get the 7/7 done and that is only after many of the people asked for a refund. People don't realize that the GSO 6 that they took orders on over 5 years ago have not even started. Remember that whole each model was going to be done in 2 months time frame. Well here we are with October nearly upon us and they have not even started. They changed the words to would be finished to expected to start shipping. That can mean one knife to their attack dogs on FB or where ever. I don't give a sewer rats @r$# if they are offended by us calling them a ponzi scam. Their sick excuse is you could have asked for a refund know fully well that people were understanding and patient and most likely got a bogus email saying that it should be done soon. Soon to them is in a lifetime. If you read their business model they don't have to ship you your knife, they can take how long they want to, you agree to everything that protects them, and if the FTC makes them refund your money and that is why they are upon demand, that they DON'T have any desire to finish your blade. They only crank them out to slow the request for money refunds. This clown show has taken in over 100K orders and has sat on that money for years. They switched to an LLC to keep you from going after them. Good luck getting your few hundreds back from the sale of their equipment. They have found a way to rake in millions and with the economy the way it has been for the last 3 years that means 25% return on 20 to 30 millions dollars compounding each year. That is why they made the announcement about going out of business for a while. They have the funds to live off now. Ask yourself why would a person not go to work to spend time with outdoors and friends if they were so in debt they had to work? Those 4 day work weeks must be super rough. They will come back as another company and build the hype up and start again if need be because there are people out there that want to trust what they write. I don't care how gold the print is when these con artist put it down it is worthless. Not a single objective has been met as far as customer service. The whole we are not hearing from them for 3 months or more in an email means they are so backlogged about complaints that they can't get to your questions. They are millionaires now and their time is to valuable to talk with you the commoners. Report them to the FTC, BBB, and the ID AG now. They have scrubbed FB of their dirty dealings along with other forums. The bottle neck is not other companies it is them. I know one man operations that produce more products than them lying crooks. Nothing good comes from Survive and I can't even trust that their blades are made from whatever they claim maybe that is why their warranty doesn't really cover the knife except if you are cutting things. That is right if you baton with it and it snaps they will not help you. If your heat treat is off and you send it in they wont even send the thing back and you will be out of a knife. Worst Knife Company Ever. I would rather take a 440a knife from anywhere than their product.
Well said about Survive!Knives

Never mind. Found the answer to my question.

Last edited:
Hello all, I am far too patient a person. I waited four years and 8 months to get a GSO 4.5 Bushcraft from this lying, cheating a-hole. I should have realized I was being defrauded by Guy Siefert and SURVIVE! knives a long ago and taken action shortly thereafter. Yes, GUY SIEFERT IS A LIAR. No worries about libel since the truth is an absolute defense to defamation. There is not sense in waiting for the knife because the product is garbage anyway. What needs to happen is everyone needs to get to social media and get the word out there. Facebook is my next stop, then the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), then the Better Business Bureau (BBB), then the Attorney General of Idaho-Consumer Protection Division. The more people complete these steps the stronger the case to investigate this P.O.S Guy and get this Ponzi Scheme shut down. Forget about getting your money back, focus on getting this criminal investigated and his livelihood and ill gotten gains taken away... a few years of time out would also be nice.

I am one of the ones.who filed a claim with the BBB and I advise anyone who has purchased from them to do so as well. Your complaint can be àbout their business practices like mine was. I waited for years and longer for a knife that I was promised within 90 days etc. We need to call them out for this to warn others.

Been followin this fiasco for a few years now but had a question as I never dived in to the details of this knives........the model numbers? Do they designate blade size or are they just random model designators? 2.7, 3.0, 5.1, etc..... ?

Edit: Ha! Just heard a Youtube reviewer say the numbers represent the wait time in years :)

Last edited:
After putting it off for years I finally pulled the trigger and put an order in for one yesterday... almost $383 CAD later. Now reading through all these threads, I'd be lying if I said my hope for having it by November hasn't dwindled :|

After putting it off for years I finally pulled the trigger and put an order in for one yesterday... almost $383 CAD later. Now reading through all these threads, I'd be lying if I said my hope for having it by November hasn't dwindled :|
Well, November comes every year, but I still wouldn't have high hopes. To be honest, given their track record I would recommend requesting a refund ASAP so as not to get strung along for several more years.

Are you SERIOUS?! After 25 pages of seeing that the bunch over at Survive!Knives are a bunch of liars and thieves, you STILL placed an order and somehow expect you'll get a knife from them in a few MONTHS?! If it wasn't so sad, it would be laughable. Cancel that transaction immediately or be prepared to wait many years to relaize you'll get NOTHING from them.

Witty, you've been a member of Bladeforums since 2014 and you still gave Survive money!?
41 messages and zero transactions since 2014. He's not a very active member. I commented too. Hopefully he'll wise up and cancel this transaction immediately and save himself years of waiting.

Witty, you've been a member of Bladeforums since 2014 and you still gave Survive money!?

Length of time on the forum doesn't necessarily correlate with one's activity on the forum. With Survive being off the forum and their hijinks really only posted in this one thread it would be quite easy for the casual observer to overlook,* especially if you see them more on one of their social media platforms where they can dictate the narrative.

*Their BS is documented elsewhere on this site of course, I only mean that this is really the only place that it's accessible without some digging.

Last edited:
...cancel the order while you can. If you must have one of their products shop for a second-hand one you simply will not get it as advertised.

I don't mind having the money tied up for a few months (fingers crossed that's how long it takes) while I shop around for something similar. My issue is so far everything I've come across doesn't match what I want (which is basically the exact platform Survive! offers with their 4.7 - 5.1). I already waited almost 5 years before deciding to purchase one, giving em a few months to see what happens won't kill me haha. Worst case scenario is I get refunded and the hunt continues! I'm not sure if linking stuff is allowed? been a few years since I last visited here, however a certain company partnered with them and are selling 5.0 inch models.... which I would be all over since they're in stock, except the handles come with a bow drill divot which I'm not a huge fan of and almost $75 more. USD to CAD conversion kills me.

If they fail to deliver, I'll just wind up buying the aforementioned one and hopefully find someone here that'll make replacement scales for me!

I don't mind having the money tied up for a few months (fingers crossed that's how long it takes) while I shop around for something similar. My issue is so far everything I've come across doesn't match what I want (which is basically the exact platform Survive! offers with their 4.7 - 5.1). I already waited almost 5 years before deciding to purchase one, giving em a few months to see what happens won't kill me haha. Worst case scenario is I get refunded and the hunt continues! I'm not sure if linking stuff is allowed? been a few years since I last visited here, however a certain company partnered with them and are selling 5.0 inch models.... which I would be all over since they're in stock, except the handles come with a bow drill divot which I'm not a huge fan of and almost $75 more. USD to CAD conversion kills me.

If they fail to deliver, I'll just wind up buying the aforementioned one and hopefully find someone here that'll make replacement scales for me!
Worst case is that they fold up their tents, file for bankruptcy and you get nothing.

Don't be silly, get a refund.

There's a good reason this thread exists.

I don't mind having the money tied up for a few months (fingers crossed that's how long it takes)
........ I don't want to come across as caustic or too harsh, not my intent, just trying to save your aggravation and loss, there is next to NO chance you will receive a knife in a few months. Look at many people here who are out beyond a few YEARS and waiting. This has been their MO now since the start, have the customer pay for something that does not yet exist and for which there are few actual plans or processes in place for the item to ever exist and then sit on YOUR cash from anything up to and including years while giving nothing but excuses and run-around. With some I think it has become a form of Stockholm Syndrome, they have been in the hole with Survive for so long they can't see the scam for what it is. If they HONESTLY had a plan and capacity to get you your knife in a few months they would never ask for full payment up front (consider the unsecured debts they already have !!), they may ask for a refundable deposit (no more than 10%) to get you in the line but that should be it. This operation is just another version of a Ponzi scheme.

I wish you luck but if you value that money I would seek my refund now.

Back