• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

i don't know if they stole from anybody...like i said,i ordered back in '15 or '16. it's been so long,i don't remember. if i knew back then i wouldn't order.

i have yet to see somebody they didn't deliver their knife..very,very delayed,yes.

not trying to protect them or anything.

and yes,i've read all the survive threads on BF.

What? They absolutely have stolen from people. Here are two ways I can think of right off the top of my head:

- Demanding a "restocking fee" on something that hasn't even been created when someone gets fed up with the runaround and decides to cancel. To clarify: no actual product is being "restocked". This is simply a "We'll keep some of your money if you try to demand your money back." charge. Fraud.

- Holding peoples' money for years without delivering an agreed upon product, which means the loss of any other goods or services that money could have purchased instead, as well as any investment potential it had since it went to some scumbag fraudsters who used that money to go on vacation, buy groceries, and buy new toys.

Guy and Ellie are scumbag thieves.

What? They absolutely have stolen from people. Here are two ways I can think of right off the top of my head:

- Demanding a "restocking fee" on something that hasn't even been created when someone gets fed up with the runaround and decides to cancel. To clarify: no actual product is being "restocked". This is simply a "We'll keep some of your money if you try to demand your money back." charge. Fraud.

- Holding peoples' money for years without delivering an agreed upon product, which means the loss of any other goods or services that money could have purchased instead, as well as any investment potential it had since it went to some scumbag fraudsters who used that money to go on vacation, buy groceries, and buy new toys.

Guy and Ellie are scumbag thieves.

i get your point and frustration..i've been waiting for the damn knife for over 5 years when initially i thought it wouldn't take more than 6-9 months.

as for the restocking fee:
if you enter a contract that states there will be a restocking fee in case of cancellation of an order,it's up to you if you want to "invest" your money. IIRC, they tried to get a restocking fee from people that paid before the fee was introduced.

That was/is very shady and i do not support that.
just because they didn't have a finished product doesn't mean they didn't have expenses for materials,machines etc.

also,every time you spend money on something, it "means the loss of any other goods or services that money could have purchased instead, as well as any investment potential it had".

not trying to attack you personally but that is a very strange way of looking at things.

i will never buy from them again but i have yet to see somebody being scammed by them.

it seems like they are actually delivering products.just with a huge delay.

all the delays and promises to "change everything and not take preorders ever again" is what got people mad,myself included.

again,i'm not a SK fanboy and i'm not here to shill for them.just trying to be objective.

i get your point and frustration..i've been waiting for the damn knife for over 5 years when initially i thought it wouldn't take more than 6-9 months.

as for the restocking fee:
if you enter a contract that states there will be a restocking fee in case of cancellation of an order,it's up to you if you want to "invest" your money. IIRC, they tried to get a restocking fee from people that paid before the fee was introduced.

That was/is very shady and i do not support that.
just because they didn't have a finished product doesn't mean they didn't have expenses for materials,machines etc.

also,every time you spend money on something, it "means the loss of any other goods or services that money could have purchased instead, as well as any investment potential it had".

not trying to attack you personally but that is a very strange way of looking at things.

i will never buy from them again but i have yet to see somebody being scammed by them.

it seems like they are actually delivering products.just with a huge delay.

all the delays and promises to "change everything and not take preorders ever again" is what got people mad,myself included.

again,i'm not a SK fanboy and i'm not here to shill for them.just trying to be objective.
You are legally obligated to deliver products in the time frame you claim to be delivering them in. If you fail to do that, it is your LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY to reach out to EVERY customer and offer a refund or the option to continue waiting. If you don't hear from them you're LEGALLY REQUIRED to give them a refund, as continuing to wait is opt in, not opt out. It is not legal to charge a restocking fee or any other fee because the failure is on you.

Do they, though?
i mean they publicly anounce when they are done sending out all orders of a certain model.

i haven't heard of somebody that paid for a knife and never got it after the batch was complete.

did you?

You are legally obligated to deliver products in the time frame you claim to be delivering them in. If you fail to do that, it is your LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY to reach out to EVERY customer and offer a refund or the option to continue waiting. If you don't hear from them you're LEGALLY REQUIRED to give them a refund, as continuing to wait is opt in, not opt out. It is not legal to charge a restocking fee or any other fee because the failure is on you.

yes,that might be the case.i can't confirm as i'm not familiar with the laws and don't have a source.

my point was about claims of theft made by some forum members.

you can also choose to cancel the order by yourself if they fail to deliver in stated time frame.

i think they used words like "they SHOULD be finished within x months" instead of "they WILL .."

i think an estimated delivery time is not the same a promised delivery time,legally speaking.

just assuming.

did they mess up with restocking fees: yes!

did they lie about delivery shedules: maybe,i can't look into their heads.

did they steal fom people: i don't see evidence so far.

sorry about my english,i hope it's understandable enough to get my point across.

yes,that might be the case.i can't confirm as i'm not familiar with the laws and don't have a source.

my point was about claims of theft made by some forum members.

you can also choose to cancel the order by yourself if they fail to deliver in stated time frame.

i think they used words like "they SHOULD be finished within x months" instead of "they WILL .."

i think an estimated delivery time is not the same a promised delivery time,legally speaking.

just assuming.

did they mess up with restocking fees: yes!

did they lie about delivery shedules: maybe,i can't look into their heads.

did they steal fom people: i don't see evidence so far.

sorry about my english,i hope it's understandable enough to get my point across.
You're incorrect on almost all counts. If you don't state a shipping time frame it defaults to thirty days if you take payment in full. The language you use doesn't matter.

Now I have to ask you, how many years would you go without a product before saying someone was a thief for failing to provide it? I ask because there's a bridge in San Francisco I could sell you on the cheap.

You

You ask him why he couldn't sent it out last week, since it was finished?

Lol, because the piece of crap probably has a small stockpile of finished blades he can send to people who are pissed off and might get vocal on a forum. For every 1 person that makes a stink about their knife, I bet there are 4+ others that haven't made a peep and will either forget about it, decide it's not worth the hassle, or will just keep waiting. Taking money for five knives and shipping one seems like a pretty profitable scam to me.

You're incorrect on almost all counts. If you don't state a shipping time frame it defaults to thirty days if you take payment in full. The language you use doesn't matter.

Now I have to ask you, how many years would you go without a product before saying someone was a thief for failing to provide it? I ask because there's a bridge in San Francisco I could sell you on the cheap.

they quoted an estimated shipping time. that 30 days rule,is that nationwide or does it differ from state to state?

like i said,i'm not familiar with the law.

about how long i would wait?

i was close to cancelling my order but then i saw people getting their knives and decided to wait just a bit longer.
i shoul get a shipping notice this week.i'll keep you updated.

randall guys wait about 5 to 6 years on average, from what i know.

i know they are not comparable in terms of production method,fit and finish etc. but it's "just a knife" nonetheless.

if i dont get a shipping notice this week i will be totally on your side,because of evidence

You're right, they're not comparable considering Randall Knives is upfront about their wait time and only charge a $50 deposit. Not comparable at all.

comparable in wait times..

we all get it, Survive! bad

You know I don't think we can call this a Ponzi scheme anymore. I mean it used to be one but in that kind of scam someone gets something; and there's enough output to attract new victims.

Now it's more like those non-fungible tokens the bitcoin companies are selling. You send your money to guy and you don't get a knife or anything like that. You get a conceptual knife to tell your friends about. No actual knife or not even a picture of a knife. But it is yours.

i believe tve 7.7 model has been finished and shipped out to all customers.take any model that is finished...just as an example.

is there anybody out there that has ordered a knife from them and never got it after completion of that model?

i'm enuinly wondering,not trying to stir up this thread.

i looked and couldn't find anybody so far.
i'm sure people would go online and warn others about it.

You know I don't think we can call this a Ponzi scheme anymore. I mean it used to be one but in that kind of scam someone gets something; and there's enough output to attract new victims.

Now it's more like those non-fungible tokens the bitcoin companies are selling. You send your money to guy and you don't get a knife or anything like that. You get a conceptual knife to tell your friends about. No actual knife or not even a picture of a knife. But it is yours.

when you buy bitcoins etc. you get data which you then save on a hard drive.

you can't touch or see air,yet it's still there

Back