• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Survive GSO knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
no restocking fee. Which after 20 months they would have had trouble justifying in a court.

no restocking fee. Which after 20 months they would have had trouble justifying in a court.

IIRC, Survive! had altered and implemented a language in their TOS that as of Jan 2017, they would be charging a 10% "re-stocking" fee for cancelled orders place after the said date so there would've been legal repercussions for S! had they charged you a so-called re-stocking fee on orders which were places 20 months ago.

Also, those who have stated that to charge a re-stocking fee when there is nothing in stock to being with (I strictly mean a finished knife ready to be delivered or a delivered knife which gets shipped back to the seller). If / when S! gets back on track and has supplies at hand, it will be their right to charge per their TOS even if such a practice is frowned upon in this field of knife buying. Otherwise they better call it an administrative fee or cancellation fee if they want it to stick as long as their estimated delivery time is 30 days from when the order received, or whatever the TOS states which they will have to adhere to as long as that time frame is deemed reasonable.

TL; DR: Best to not charge any re-stocking / cancellation fee or insert that sort of language in the TOS when the manufacturer / supplier / dealer has no idea about their own current lag time!

P.S. Glad to hear that you got your $$$ back.

The restocking fee, is really a bit too overboard, and it seems like a form of petty thievery.

But, you gotta admit, it IS fiendishly brilliant.

Change for goods, don't deliver, and when the requests for refunds come, charge a "restocking fee."

Its like the opposite of a loan shark...they borrow your money and then charge you interest for it.

Brilliant.

Change for goods, don't deliver, and when the requests for refunds come, charge a "restocking fee."

Its like the opposite of a loan shark...they borrow your money and then charge you interest for it.

Brilliant.

Anything's possible, but I doubt that's the reason. It's more likely that the thought pattern was if they punish people for refunds, fewer people would ask for them.

Wow never seen a company selling factory seconds that haven't even been made yet. Pay in full upfront and then if you live long enough you'll get it someday if you're lucky, no thanks ! :thumbsdown:
It is an interesting concept. I mean, no one is perfect so we know there's going to be blemishes, but we can't specify the nature of them yet because they have not occurred yet. And we have no idea when they will occur and how many seconds have to occur before you get the seconds you ordered delivered. Now give us your money. It's brilliant.

They have perpetrated lots of very very poor behaviour on their client base but I think pre-selling "seconds" is one of the worst stunts. Those "seconds" should have never been offered before they exist(ed) and only after prepaid "firsts" customers were given an opportunity to receive one and a small refund after waiting so damn long for a knife.

Of all the inexplicable knife-related behavior I have seen demonstrated on this forum, buying from Survive is the least understandable.

If the people, and I use that term loosely, behind the alleged Survive? Knife company put as much effort into actually producing knives as they do coming up with methods to obtain funds without delivering anything they'd actually have a real knife company.

Selling "seconds" of products that haven't been produced yet.

Charging "restocking" fees on products ordered and then cancelled but that actually don't exist.

Scheduling one day per week to issue refunds?

Offering discounts to idiots, er uh I mean would-be customers to pay in advance for knives that exist only in AutoCAD drawings.

Taking non-refundable deposits on products that don't exist and probably never will exist. Pretty sure that ones is blatantly illegal according to the UCC but I could be wrong, it might only be dishonest.

Simply breath taking...

The UCC covers sales of goods not yet existing - "future goods."

If a seller breaches the contract, he has no right to anything under the contract. Absent a contract, there is no right to a restocking fee.

Brilliant.
yep that is exactly what is happening. they can argue it isnt intentional and such and maybe it isnt, but it is what is happening. pretty rotten way to do business imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back