• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Survive! Knives Forum Closed - What Changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people want to be abused and controlled; The operators know this, and fulfill that need.

Last edited:
Someone on the S!K Fan Facebook page made a post about the S!K sub-forum here being deleted. (It is not the official page. That one is dead. The "fan" page is somewhat active.) The post on the "fan" page was promptly deleted.

For those that don't know, the FB "Fan" page is VERY HEAVILY censored. Posts that bring up any of the uncomfortable issues going on with S!K are almost always deleted and the members that made them are almost always banned. There are less than 1020 members on that page, and only a handful post regularly.

Last edited:
-snip-

Maybe they all should have requested refunds quickly after deadlines came and went

-snip-

I agree with your whole post, but wanted to respond here. If the customer base had indeed done this years ago, that company would have folded years ago.

Someone on the S!K Fan Facebook page made a post about the S!K sub-forum here being deleted. (It is not the official page. That one is dead. The "fan" page is somewhat active.) The post on the "fan" page was promptly deleted.

For those that don't know, the FB "Fan" page is VERY HEAVILY censored. Posts that bring up any of the uncomfortable issues going on with S!K are almost always deleted and the members that made them are almost always banned. There are less than 1020 members on that page, and only a handful post regularly.

And why are we surprised?!

Some wheeling and dealing happen, or used to happen on that S! fan FB page. I don't think that S! is directly involved with it but any bad publicity is likely deemed as being bad for the secondary GSO sales business.

Or whipped into shape.

Or that! I just think if they DO come back, they are going to need to at a minimum up their prices to a point where they can make a run of knives, and make enough of a profit from THAT SPECIFIC RUN to pay their bills, AND make the knives. For years, that is clearly not what they've been able to do.

Or that! I just think if they DO come back, they are going to need to at a minimum up their prices to a point where they can make a run of knives, and make enough of a profit from THAT SPECIFIC RUN to pay their bills, AND make the knives. For years, that is clearly not what they've been able to do.

Or they blew the money on stupid shit (like a hotel) instead of putting it back in the business.

~Chip

Last edited:
Yes. They had plenty of chances to whip things into shape.

Sadly with very small mom / pop type privately owned business entities, there's no directors board to sack / fire the person who creates all those problems by being obtuse.

True. And they have no "business" trying to act like a large manufacturer either.;)

Word! After having been around another maker's business who is light years more competent, knowledgeable plus much much better equipped and connected to the industry, I have learned that there is no friggin way for a very small manufactruing ought to take on such lofty production goals; much less for a very small outfit which at times branded itself as a "boutique' type of manufacturing op. I didn't know any of this detailed stuff about 2 1/2 years ago!

Word! After having been around another maker's business who is light years more competent, knowledgeable plus much much better equipped and connected to the industry, I have learned that there is no friggin way for a very small manufactruing ought to take on such lofty production goals; much less for a very small outfit which at times branded itself as a "boutique' type of manufacturing op. I didn't know any of this detailed stuff about 2 1/2 years ago!
Well, now you get it and you've changed your opinion accordingly. Nothing wrong with that. It's not hypocracy in my eyes.

I Dm'd Millit in IG. He's frustrated that he's name is attached with the failures of this company. However, he will help Guy out until all the orders the fulfilled, and wants to part of it after. He's looking at 12 mos. from now.
This is clearly a writing on the wall nearing the end S!K

Without a screenshot of the conversation (and Millit consenting to you posting it here), your comments are very unbelievable.

I have (obviously) no idea whether this conversation took place. However, Millit did have SK fixturing featured on their Instagram story thingy (whatever you call it when you click on the videos of people you follow on the top of your instagram feed) yesterday. It was a clip in-between two others which was only up for a few minutes before it was replaced with just the other 2 clips together. I assume they are aware of the current and ongoing fallout, but I have (again, obviously) no idea what made that occur.

I have (obviously) no idea whether this conversation took place. However, Millit did have SK fixturing featured on their Instagram story thingy (whatever you call it when you click on the videos of people you follow on the top of your instagram feed) yesterday. It was a clip in-between two others which was only up for a few minutes before it was replaced with just the other 2 clips together. I assume they are aware of the current and ongoing fallout, but I have (again, obviously) no idea what made that occur.
The way I see it right now with no solid info to go on, is that the good people at Millit are trying to help Guy any way they can, but they've also got their own commitments to keep. They can only do so much and Survive! Is still over committing. Just my opinion, I very well could be wrong.

Survive is history, here. Booted. Shown the door whether you like it or not. Just thought I'd let you know ;)

Thanks for sharing Capitan Obvious. Guess I hit a nerve on Survive not listening to "experts" comment, that IS the reason you are so angry here about Survive. You had the solution for them and they continue to ignore it to this day, got it thanks.

I'm honestly not entirely sure where you're going with this. No matter what degree of responsibility you think consumers bear, it doesn't absolve Survive of acting illegally and unethically.

There's also the simple fact that many of those customers who have suffered the most began this ordeal before Survive had shown any particular evidence of dealing in bad faith. Maybe they all should have requested refunds quickly after deadlines came and went, but people in general are very susceptible to the sunk costs fallacy something which, whether intentionally or unintentionally, the situation with Survive has preyed on.

Reread my post and what I actually typed, that's where I was going, not what you thought I typed. No where did I absolve Survive of anything. I said and still believe people have to take some responsibility with their money when giving it out for a product not delivered. At this point anyone waiting for a Survive knife is crazy at this point. No-one to blame now but yourselves (waiters), especially if the backlog is another year (millet quote) or twice that (my estimate). Obviously they either want the knife or a few hundred dollar loan for the next year or two isn't a big deal to them.

On the other hand waiting too long for a $200-300 knife isn't exactly my definition of suffering, that's a bit dramatic.

I'd imagine the six figure down on a hotel in the middle of nowhere would have been better spent on materials and labor. Maybe it's some new millennial style business plan but I always thought things like overhead and labor came first so you can actually stay in business. I like how their updates always claim that steel is ordered for whatever model years after they took your money for it or that they are waiting on parts for things years later. They do not manufacture one single part of their knives, how does it take years to order materials?
SK customers have just been unwittingly financing their irresponsible lifestyle, multiple moves, leasing buildings, spendy equipment, vacations, lux purchases, etc.

Thanks for sharing Capitan Obvious. Guess I hit a nerve on Survive not listening to "experts" comment, that IS the reason you are so angry here about Survive. You had the solution for them and they continue to ignore it to this day, got it thanks.

Reread my post and what I actually typed, that's where I was going, not what you thought I typed. No where did I absolve Survive of anything. I said and still believe people have to take some responsibility with their money when giving it out for a product not delivered. At this point anyone waiting for a Survive knife is crazy at this point. No-one to blame now but yourselves (waiters), especially if the backlog is another year (millet quote) or twice that (my estimate). Obviously they either want the knife or a few hundred dollar loan for the next year or two isn't a big deal to them.

On the other hand waiting too long for a $200-300 knife isn't exactly my definition of suffering, that's a bit dramatic.
Well hard knowing what's "obvious" to you, when clearly you can't see plenty of what's "obvious" to everyone else. Doesn't take an "expert" to see survive! Isn't surviving! :confused:

Continue the save survive! crusade though, it makes several things "obvious" everyone else but you apparently.

As to me being angry, why would I be? Survive!s forum is closed :D plenty to be happy about.

So it was just kind of an off-topic digression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back