Survive! Knives Heads Up

Yes, you are technically correct, but don't they turn a blind eye here like on other manufacturers forums? Carothers among others?
Your heads up is nice for those here that don't already know. For that we say, thanks.
I sold one here and I'm proud to say I helped a fellow Survive brother out. I'll risk an infraction to do it again.

You're such a rebel...:D Your knife should be back to you today...;)

Yes, you are technically correct, but don't they turn a blind eye here like on other manufacturers forums? Carothers among others?
Your heads up is nice for those here that don't already know. For that we say, thanks.
I sold one here and I'm proud to say I helped a fellow Survive brother out. I'll risk an infraction to do it again.

The situation in Nate's subforum is completely different. Nate and Jo are very very active in moderating it! This thread is not similar to 'buy, sell and trade, open to everyone that Nate' opened there after he asked the superMs, as this one is opened by another member that thought of helping others with a heads up. The second post in this thread tells you exactly what you need to know, I'll copy it here:
They don't make the thread. Guy and Ellie have to want to have a sales thread. I had a thread just like this and it was closed because they hadn't requested a sales thread. Yes even just to post links to the exchange. Sucks but that is the law of the land brother.

All this being said, everyone cand do whatever they want. I've seen ppl getting infractions for exactly this situations, so I thought of helping. I probably won't do that next time...

Eta: our colleague that was posting a what can be interpreted as a sale, was just a registered member at that time, not gold or higher. That alone would have got him infracted..

Cheers,
C.

Last edited:
Sure is - if anyone is interested in @30% premium ,and an attitude to boot. Reservations on who to sell to and timeline to do it in, are usually academic...

The Free Market goes both ways. No one likes dealing with an arrogant..........uh person. Yes I know the poster is on this thread....

LOL

Sure is - if anyone is interested in @30% premium ,and an attitude to boot. Reservations on who to sell to and timeline to do it in, are usually academic...

The Free Market goes both ways. No one likes dealing with an arrogant..........uh person. Yes I know the poster is on this thread....

LOL

Not that you really deserve an answer...
The price is purely subjective; how many 7/7 in delta 3V have you seen for sale? Yes, right...
The timeline is purely a bad timing as I won't be able to ship it if it is sold after that, but that's not really your business. Also, most people sell to "lower 48".. Also, I have not denied a sale yet.
As for the other comments, I'm sorry if you think that I was being arrogant just because I was trying to help out, with quotes from the rules.
To each their own, I guess.
Cheers

Last edited:
Not that you really deserve an answer...
The price is purely subjective; how many 7/7 in delta 3V have you seen for sale? Yes, right...
The timeline is purely a bad timing as I won't be able to ship it if it is sold after that, but that's not really your business. Also, most people sell to "lower 48".. Also, I have not denied a sale yet.
As for the other comments, I'm sorry if you think that I was being arrogant just because I was trying to help out, with quotes from the rules.
To each their own, I guess.
Cheers

Of course, which underscores my point However you are correct, which is why I didn't ask or expect one, without more attitude.

To each their own - 100%

ta

Last edited:
I have only ever known CataD to be a stand up guy, and I'd prefer to respect the forum guidelines of discussing knives and not making personal attacks here.

As for his ad, maybe it had been revised- but I saw nothing uncommon there for a thorough, safe sale request. That was a post of an experienced seller. To have a F1 7/7 in hand means he paid in full in 2015 and waited 2 1/2+ years to get it. factoring pp and shipping, his price was not at all unusual, extreme, or disrespectful to the community. that is a respectable price for a knife of that quality, regardless of its rarity or wait time.

Please assume positive intent until proven otherwise. It's part of what makes this a community.

Yes, of course- again. The reference of mine was not on this thread but the actual post in the Sale Forum.

From anyone reading in context , the attitude is palpable. In terms of gouging we can agree to disagree. That's your opinion, mine differs sharply,and yes I have several Survive! Knives. I know them very well including the supply line issues.
So, the OP is not alone in waiting or paying full price, everyone does it and has. So your point is, not much of one.

I belong to several forums ranging from Archery to Competitive Shooting
where attitudes abound. Off the charts frankly.

However in sale forums one thing rings true they all try to help other members out. Here is an exception. So the OP is not alone in trying to make a sizable profit off of a purchase. That's as I see it and according to the language in his post. So you have your opinion and I have mine. It is certainly no humanitarian offering.

Context = It has a purpose....

EDIT: I'm a Capitalist BTW. The Mkt goes both ways in terms of who we choose to do business with including expressing our opinion about it.

IF that's a matter of censure here and not allowed, please let me know

Waveone, there has been an abundance of negativity and guideline violations in the Survive! subs lately, so out of fatigue from that vibe I chose to chime in. I'm not interested in a flame war with you or a first amendment debate, I just wanna come to my subs and not have to dig through trolling or complaining, validated or not. There are other subs for that purpose, and you can vent and speak freely there. Please don't tear down this sub for everyone else who enjoys it.

You are absolutely welcome to disagree with my personal opinion, as you stated. I responded to merely to counter the character insults you made about CataD.
None of the opinions made by either one of us are relevant or beneficial to this thread, however. My objection was to your original post:

"Sure is - if anyone is interested in @30% premium ,and an attitude to boot. Reservations on who to sell to and timeline to do it in, are usually academic...
The Free Market goes both ways. No one likes dealing with an arrogant..........uh person. Yes I know the poster is on this thread....LOL"

None of your content is a "heads up". It is sarcastic and, whether you believe it to be earned or not, an insult, and not welcome or necessary in this sub.

forum guidelines are available for all to see, but for ease of reference, posted by Ellie :
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/forum-guidelines.1476630/

"Be nice to each other. There are always going to be disagreements and different viewpoints on any topic. Stay away from personal attacks, insults, and any sort of slander. This forum has been noted as one of the nicest places to hang out on Blade Forums... Let's keep it that way."

"Stay on topic. If you are derailing threads..."

I absolutely feel your frustration at the market, brother, but please keep this space chill.

Many that sell on the exchange state that they'll choose whom to do business with. Sure, they'll generally sell to the first taker, but what if the first taker has a less than stellar rating (or no rating, like me)? There's a certain risk involved. Not to mention bad personal experience with the would-be buyer?

As for the price, maybe it was a little steep, but not exorbitant and the market will either produce someone to whom it has that value - or not. There aren't that many in the wild and maybe someone is willing to pay a premium rather than wait. Don't like the price? Don't buy.
And, btw, I say this as someone who is often at odds with capitalism...
This is a nice hobby for most of us. It's not about any of life's essentials (a $12 mora is probably more than most really "need")

Anyway...

Peace everyone

Not that Cat needs any defense but that ad was perfectly fine as written and posted. If you don’t like the price of the knife or the ad, that’s fine; don’t buy it and move on. There is no need to make comments like that against a respected member of this board.

You know, I've prolly contributed enough to your all's problems. It was prolly the redneck coming out in this hillbilly.
Maybe it'd be best if I just vacated the premises.

Last edited:
Waveone, I'm not sure what exactly in my Sale post offended you, it was not my intention to offend/upset anyone.

Regarding the price, as you did mention this detail, that is what this knife is worth to me. I was not trying to 'gauge' the market. I have never seen (maybe I missed it?) a new FF D3V GSO 7/7 for sale, so I don't know what the secondary market price should be. I'll take the blame for trying to get the most that I could on it, yes.

I'm not in the business of selling knives. For me, knifes are a hobby, I like them and always have. Like most hobbies, you don't 'make money' on it, you lose. At least, that's how it is for me. I've bought knives at 200% from the MSRP just because I liked them very much. I sold a few at a loss.. I wish I could say I'm somewhere near even :)

Anyways, I'm actually glad it didn't sell. It was hard enough making the Sale post.

Cheers,
C.
p.s. Thank you very much! Packerrat Packerrat Shark01 Shark01 Oyster Oyster

Back