SURVIVOR - Progress Thread

Looks like I am going to have 5 Extra Survivors - expected completion date = June 11, 2010

Email is going out to the Mailing List so I know what handle materials to lay out for those interested.

:thumbup:

Dan

Looks like I am going to have 5 Extra Survivors - expected completion date = June 11, 2010

Email is going out to the Mailing List so I know what handle materials to lay out for those interested.

Dan

I will take one.

Green micarta if you have it.

Dan- Did you get my email with address for shipping?

3496 S. Murlo Way, Meridian ID 83642 Just in case.

Thanks,

Mark T
:)

I still haven't heard from:

Thomas J - natural - PD
Donald Y - natural - PD
Jeff T - natural - PD

Dan

Last edited:
resinguy (Guy S) - natural - PD
mapper66 (Tim R) - green - PD
cool_hand_luke (Andy K) - green - PD

Gluing up you guys' knives this week. :thumbup:

Dan
Can you email me in regards to these:

Thomas J - natural - PD
Donald Y - natural - PD
Jeff T - natural - PD

Thanks
Kevin

All remaining Survivors are laid out ready to glue-up. I've been waiting for pins to show up...thought they'd show up today....nope. Should be here by Monday - will glue-up then. All handles are profiled, drilled and the fronts finished. Ready to go!

I will have them done by the end of June, for sure. :thumbup:

Dan

That would be just in time. Several of us Ohio Busse fans will be getting together in mid July to head out to a patch of woods and do some chopping, playing with and comparing a bunch of knives and swords. Would love to have the Survivor for that.

For those that already have a Survivor or perhaps are waiting on one....great news:

There are kydex sheaths available - check 'em out:

kostersurvivor001.jpg

These are made by ursusrubrum (Jason) and go for $60. He has several colors available.

I don't make kydex for the Survivor...this is only way to get it. Post here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749616 or shoot Jason a PM if interested.

Dan

I got my corby pins on Saturday....!

It's glue-up time today!

Dan

All remaining Survivors have now been glued-up....AND roughed out.

Man, these take FOREVER to do!

Everything is at least 3-4 times as much time as the other knives.....3-4 times the amount of glue....and so on. WORK!!!

But I'm happy to do it!

Here are some pics to keep y'all satisfied. :D

Updates100622-02.jpg

Updates100622-03.jpg

Dan

The next step is to smooth out the handles and then grind the blades. This is, of course, the part I dread. Flat-grinding heat-treated steel is a BEAR. :eek:

Dan

Nice. I can see mine... :)

I noticed there are two interesting looking blades sticking out on the bottom shelve.
What are they, Dan?

I now have a new way of processing knife orders. For the most part it is no different than what I already do. There is just one signicificant difference regarding finishing knives. Once your knife is glued-up I send out an email to let you know. When final payment arrives, I finish the knives and then send them. If you need more time for payment, no worries. If you want your knife as soon as possible, just make final payment as soon as possible. I typically will take 1-2 weeks after final payment is arranged to finish up your knife and have it ready to ship.

Updates are posted in the first or second post on the first page.

Here is a link to the new process: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=753240 please take some time to read it.

Thanks!

Dan

So for those PIF where do we stand as far as delivery on these is concerned?

Back