SURVIVOR - Progress Thread

Hey Dan, Just checked the order tracker and noticed my deposits for #45,46 and 47 have not been updated. PM and email sent to you. Thanks

Hey Dan, What's the latest. You know we can't stand all this anticipation. How about a little news.

All the 45s are done....next is grinding the blades...and no way I'm doing that before the Blade Show. :D :eek: :foot:

But after Blade - I'll be ALL OVER IT....:thumbup:

Dan

Hey Dan, do you have a backup list for anyone who may have signed up, but hasn't paid a deposit?

Dan,

Much like JerkeeJoe, I would like to be on the backup list. Understanding that there might not be a backup list, please understand that the next run of "Survivors" may have two names on the list already.

R/S

Matt

I swapped my order with Dan for something else so he may have a spot available.

D.

Yes - there are going to be a couple extras...I'm not taking any names right now, though....I'll wait to see what ends up extra first.

Thanks for your patience on these, guys!

We're looking at about 6-8 weeks after I get back from my Philmont trip (6/20-7/3). Need to grind the bevels up, send out for heat-treat and glue-up/finish.

Will be first priority when I get back. :thumbup:

Dan

There was mention of sheathing options forthcoming... anything happened there yet?

I know Dan is out of town but maybe someone heard something that I missed.
2Door

I will be back in the shop on 7/7....:thumbup:

I am working on a sheath option for this knife...but it will likely be big and pricey!

Dan

How big? How pricey? Maybe a picture or a drawing would help us all visualize what you're talking about...

;)

Yes...a drawing would help.

:D

(I do have a drawing...we'll see if I can find it!!!)

I looked for it...couldn't find it.

Blech...

UPDATE:

Blade-Grinding has begun!!!!

Already my fingers are aching....:(

But these are going to ROCK when they're done.

Can't believe I got the price down so much...I am seriously NUTS! :eek:

Dan

Here's a pic of the latest action with the Survivor...:D

Survivor0725-04.jpg

All the knives have had "primary grinds" put on them - like the knife on the bottom.

16 of them have now been ground around half-way up - using the angled tool rest on my grinder.

As soon as they are all done, I'll move on to freehand flat grinding (the most exhausting part). :D

Dan

Man, I am getting excited about this release! When I signed up to purchase the Survivor, had zero experience with big choppers. That was many months ago, and I've gone through some busse's and a few other custom choppers. Can't wait to test this beast out! Grind on Dan! :thumbup::cool:

Back