Tacticals Made by Us for Special OPS Forces

rlinger said:
I'll keep your kindness and devotion to cause heavy in mind Dave. You done gave me 20 bucks to help on shipping costs. I'll remain stubburn for a spell. There is a damn good sheath maker out there somewhere that will step up. Let's wait a bit for him. It's just one little big knife.

RL

though I did start a knife for the cause and now have to start it over again
.man I don't goof this bad often<< :(

I'll do it for you if you can't get anyone and don't want to tax Dave more.

BUT do not ship the blade with out a sheath...it will be useless to anyone that way..send it here first before you do that...it don't take long to cover it..
promise that , I wouldn't want to get a knife I can't use By carry..

DONE DAN! Very good and a Very Good sheath it shall have. Since you have not yet made a knife for the cause and I know your sheath will be up there high to the top its a done thing. Please email me your addy Dan so that I might ship her out. I need to get this batch to Blade soon so I can get them off to the big rocks. Dave's sheaths are great and he has gone two or three extra miles already. The fact is though the bigger the number the bigger the bang.

RL
----

can someone define "jumpable"? and why wouldn't a leather sheath be jumpable? did the guys over there have any specific input as to what they need in a sheath?

Terry, I might be wrong but I think 'jumpable' comes from the same dialect as Rush Limbaugh's invented 'strategery' word is derived. Kinda like the way I spell but with meanings that you decide correct at the moment of "what the Hell does that mean". :D :eek: :D

BTW Dan, please make it leather.

Okay, I picked a little on Dave too but guys I gotta tell ya that I got a knife from Dave that amazes me. The grind is like CNC. The guy is some kind of good. I would have slept with it if it wasn't so razor sharp (edge and false edge). This thing is a wall hanger.

RL

rlinger said:
Terry, I might be wrong but I think 'jumpable' comes from the same dialect as Rush Limbaugh's invented 'strategery' word is derived. Kinda like the way I spell but with meanings that you decide correct at the moment of "what the Hell does that mean". :D :eek: :D

BTW Dan, please make it leather.

Okay, I picked a little on Dave too but guys I gotta tell ya that I got a knife from Dave that amazes me. The grind is like CNC. The guy is some kind of good. I would have slept with it if it wasn't so razor sharp (edge and false edge). This thing is a wall hanger.

RL
man Roger ..you'd make great fly paper :D
email on it's way.. leather it will be... ;)

Roger Linger allowed me the privilege of contributing 2 Kabar's "to the cause" in early January. I also contributed 3 Kabar's to www.adoptasniper.com

Just now I received this e-mail from one of our troopers. I don't know from which group this soldier received his Kabar, but it doesn't matter.
ALL who support the troops can take pride in serving our country. This letter is for every single one of us.

Carl
retired Navy Seabee

"I have received your knife that u send out to us. i am a mechanic for the 1ST specail forces group stationed out of Ft. Lewis, WA. i am over in afganistan attached to an a team. weve been over her since november and our going to be here until july. it is a great pleasure to be able to carrie the knife that u have sent over to us to use. i think that it is outstanding that u will send out knifes in our support. i have been in the armyfor four years. im sure that i will end up back overseas at least one more time. it is an honor for me to be able to carrie around the knife (black KA-BAR) that has been given to me. i will take some pics and send them to u later today. i have also lokked at some diffferent knifes on bladeforums.com. i will write more later. thanks for all that u have done to help us. Joe, US ARMY"

(edited by Carl to change the first name)

That is the deal! We should be sitting on cold ass rocks catching bullets with our teeth so as not to hit ours. They are doing it for theirs, which includes us as part of theirs. These guys don't even get mail call for weeks at a time. We can sit and listen to Imus and then flip on Opra and forget about them over there sitting on a cold ass rock catching bullets. The email sums it up pretty darn well I think.

Thanks for sharing Carl (I trust those that have already hung their ass out in the breeze know I do not include them in my comments above).

RL

Joe just sent me another note.... the two Kabar's I contributed are with soldiers in the same outfit. So I'm thinking these are the two which Roger sent over. Fantastic !!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 9:00 AM
To: Carl
Subject: RE: knife

carl,
this is going to make your day as well, but the old one that was made by the camillus knife company is here as well. the other guy that stays in the room has it with him.
Joe

(edited by Carl to change the name)

Yep. I recon so. Very good.

Keep'em coming Carl as you get them. You know to be careful NOT TO publish real names.

RL

WHA HOO Good to hear one of our boys enjoying his knife. That must mean so much to those guys!

A little enjoyment goes a long way....

Just received this e-mail from the recipient of the 2nd knife. Turns out Joe's roommate received the 2nd knife, which is actually a Camillus "kabar style." It's an oldie, made after WWII but before Korea... and it's in much better condition than I am !!

Enjoy this letter, it's for each of you who support the troops.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 10:51 AM
To: Carl
Subject: Thanks for the knife!

Carl thanks for the knife its lite and unique. Maybe you can tell me just how unique the Camillus is...it's a wonderful knife. Oh by the way I am Jim from 1st Special Forces Group I am a cook. Alpha Company, I also have been on many deployments. With ODA's.. and never received a knife for free or out of the goodness of ones heart. This knife serves a purpose. I wear it alot, when I go out with them on missions or just for that everyday use. This Deployment to Afghanistan, marks the first time an ODA use's a cook in direct support. Well I like to see more of your work please keep in touch. Jim

(edited by Carl to change the name)

Man that's great to see communication from our guys Carl. Keep them coming it's a good feeling.
Scott

I can't hold my tongue any longer. Are you guys really buying this "Special Forces Cook" thing? Not to mention the changing of FIRST names for operational security reasons!?!? C'mon!!! I know just a little about special operations myself, I'm sure some here know much more than I do. However, some of these guys are playing many of you for suckers.
Give these knives to privates in regular army infantry units. Many of these kids support families on a barely livable wage, and endure hardships that special operators left behind years ago.
My two cents.

Whit and all others, I have so far gotten two emails from our SF Alpha expressing their strong desire I set it straight about their cook and their mechanic, both of which accompany the team on missions. Both of these men are a member of the team. The only one it seems mistaken and just wrong is Whit.

Not publishing any of their names is my desire and I stand by it.

I hope this settles it and that no more is said about it. Thank you.

RL

rlinger said:
Whit and all others, I have so far gotten two emails from our SF Alpha expressing their strong desire I set it straight about their cook and their mechanic, both of which accompany the team on missions. Both of these men are a member of the team. The only one it seems mistaken and just wrong is Whit.

Not publishing any of their names is my desire and I stand by it.

I hope this settles it and that no more is said about it. Thank you.

RL

I have received email and a photograph from the owner of my blade, showing him with my knife. . .in the field. . .in Afghanistan! There is absolutely no doubt where these knives are going and I find it disgusting that some would infer otherwise.

just this morning I was privileged to hear from both Joe and Jim..... they had a good day, both are safe.

got two pics from Joe.... wearing the knife !!!! WAY COOL !!!

what a blessing to know the Kabar is accomplishing tasks much more positive than being a safe queen at my house.

Cheers,

Carl

I need to clarify a couple of things. I did not mean to imply that these knives were not going to combat theatres, or getting into hands of soldiers assigned to or attached to special ops units. What I'm saying is that these are not the soldiers who are most deserving of a handout. I've been there more than once, done they are doing, I know what I'm talking about. Some people forget about "quiet professionalism" when they stand to benefit from bragging. Most in our community are 4 time volunteers, and we do not need to throw around the names of units, people, equipment that the rest of you only know from the Discovery Channel. When people hear some of those things, they are impressed and want to feel part of the team, so they will gladly "support the troops" with a handout. I can't stress enough, what I'm saying is continue to support, but give the handout to someone who needs it!
I also received an email from the guys on the team receiving these knives. I replied telling him that I am not trying to put down him, his team, or anything they do. We are on the same team. Again, it's just my two cents, and maybe I'm not expressing it very well.

Okay. I was hoping you would not persist on this subject. First, these are not hand outs, especially not in the sarcastic sense you mean it. Second, and more importantly, these men are darn well plenty worthy of these and much more. You want our knives to go some where else - start your own drive. I am already on probation here by Bladeforums brass and hope you have had your last word here on that. Otherwise I may end up getting baned and the thread locked down.

Thank you.

RL

OK Roger, we'll have to agree to disagree. I wasn't aware that this thread was rocking the Bladeforums boat! I've had my two cents, twice, that's four cents.

Back