Tacticlol Knives II: The Return of Ridiculous

Didn't he win an award for that at a knife show he hosted?

ETA: Yup, I looked it up. He's a board member and director of the Knifemaker's Guild, and he won this award at their own show.

bXVlMYf.png

I well remember, we laughed about it here then as well. Also, I'm a big fan of winning awards at events I personally host, I'm sure he is too. Also, I certainly hope you aren't attempting to defend that nonsense.

Even winners can design some total stinkbombs from time to time.

For those who may be interested, the P'kal is a recognized cutting tool, for serious social purposes. It has it's own martial arts discipline built around it, like Escrima, or sword and dagger.

It's just not very widely known outside of Prac-Tac.
There are several disciplines based around p'kal jabs. Libre (Babb), Piper (as taught by February), Shivworks (Douglas aka S'narc), Ray Floro's stuff, Gabe Suareze's work. The list goes on. It's effective, especially compared to the forward striking work of say...Marcaida. I currently instruct Escrima and am certified to instruct PTK.

Last edited:
There are several disciplines based around p'kal jabs. Libre (Babb), Piper (as taught by February), Shivworks (Douglas aka S'narc), Ray Floro's stuff, Gabe Suareze's work. The list goes on. It's effective, especially compared to the forward striking work of say...Marcaida. I currently instruct Escrima and am certified to instruct PTK.
The P’kal looks like an interesting martial implement. I don’t doubt it can cause grievous damage to tendons and muscles. How do you generally attack with the P’kal? Based on the design, I’m guessing it’s geared towards grappling, poking, and ripping.

I’m more of a Karambit man though, as it feels more natural to use somehow.

Whenever I feel down and need a good laugh, I just open this thread :D How is it even possible for knife makers to sell some of this :poop:?? And I'm not talking about the $5 crap, but the equivalent with better materials going for $500 +. There are people out there actually buying this crap and keeping the Frankenstein knife industry afloat :confused:

Hey now, don't throw too much shade at Prac-Tac. It does serve a useful purpose.

The only real problem I've seen is that every thread spirals down into a never-ending series of what-if scenarios. The first page or two is interesting reading.

The P’kal looks like an interesting martial implement. I don’t doubt it can cause grievous damage to tendons and muscles. How do you generally attack with the P’kal? Based on the design, I’m guessing it’s geared towards grappling, poking, and ripping.

I’m more of a Karambit man though, as it feels more natural to use somehow.
Think snappy backhand hammerfists to any target that presents itself. Maintain forward pressure. Like a sewing machine. If any offending limbs manage to get in your way, shear across them and continue the momentum. If it goes to the ground, keep poking away if possible. There's not much one can really do in a violent encounter involving knives than to stick to the basics of stab stab stab. Yeah. Back to Prac-Tac for me :(

Think snappy backhand hammerfists to any target that presents itself. Maintain forward pressure. Like a sewing machine. If any offending limbs manage to get in your way, shear across them and continue the momentum. If it goes to the ground, keep poking away if possible. There's not much one can really do in a violent encounter involving knives than to stick to the basics of stab stab stab. Yeah. Back to Prac-Tac for me :(
Damn, I’m a huge fan of dishing out hammerfists hehe. Bastinelli seems to have interesting P’kal knives.

Back