Tacticlol Knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of these:
TRE-00-7X74.jpg

MC20791.jpg

20-3053l.jpg

20-607BZl.jpg

The more of these "Tacticool" knives I see the more I love my Case Yellow Pen knife.
CA109.gif

Camo coating and paracord wrap on a tanto?!? Hilarious!

STR8087_1.jpg

I guess your easily amused. I've yet to find a Strider design thats not sound. Carried a Strider VB for a year in Iraq (2nd tour) which is the same as the WB with GG scales and serrations on the spine. One of the best real world combat/survival knives available.

IIRC those are purpose designed knives. You would have to have one of the Prac Tac people explain.

I think the last one is simply designed fer stabbin'... a pistol-grip alternative to the push dagger. Mind you, I don't find it pretty or nuthin', but I guess that's not the point.

No, I'm sorry. Any of those other blades I can attribute to artistic expression. I feel like that one requires a self aware jet engine. It's got a ruby training wheel for christs sake. WTF

17-I-lol.jpg

So true...What is truly obscene is that there is just no pocket clip, flipper, or opening hole.

Böker offers several nice designs, and at the side a few truly hideous ones:

01ak09.jpg

01bo430.jpg

01sc051.jpg

This one is a movie replica they did - would you want to be seen with that:
02ts001.jpg

Then there is the subtle brand Zombietools:
hand-ax.jpg

LOL. Some funny looking knives!
Mantis seem to be making toys, not knives. Funny video... Bottle opener, wow.
+1 on the strider comment. I think the knife in the picture is very gimmicky, just like most other Strider models, but that's just my personal opinion (and yes, I've owned a couple a Striders). I'd rather get a GI Tanto from CS instead (I don't think they're available no more).

Mantis MT8R...
I mean,come on, really......:rolleyes:
That's a ripoff of Bram Frank's Gunting.
I saw on youtube a bladeshow video, seems to be licensed by Bram
"That's a ripoff of Bram Frank's Gunting."
Actually, Bram is quite proud of that Mantis design.

Is this why it's called MT8R - "imitater"? :D

I'm wondering why no one's posted a link to a Bud K catalog yet. All this effort you guys are putting into this thread, when one Bud K rag would give you laughing fits for hours.

thx - cpr

some truly funny looking designs, even if some were rather fantasticlol than tacticlol!

but i really lol'd my a** off at the exskaliTURD!

Can I ask how the Spyderco Civilian is somehow socially acceptable compared to all of these monstrosities?

spyderco+civilian.jpg

Well in my opinion the Civilian has one purpose, and that is self defense. It is designed to kill or cut or slash. The knives that have been posted so far are knives that IMO have no real design purpose other than to look ridiculous or to get a little teenager excited when they see it in a store...

Böker offers several nice designs, and at the side a few truly hideous ones:

01ak09.jpg

Then there is the subtle brand Zombietools:
hand-ax.jpg

I was looking for that Ak knife to post, for me personally it takes the cake in ridiculousness.

I visited the zombie site, and I thought hey that is something funny you can hang in your man cave and have a conversation piece....and then I saw the prices...those are some expensive conversation pieces. Anyway the zombie tools aren't tactical, ridiculous? Maybe.

thanks for the post, it made me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back