1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Tacticlol Knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by TwitchyBlade, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PurpleHaze

PurpleHaze

Mar 8, 2010
    Any of these:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Caffeinepirate

Caffeinepirate

Jan 29, 2009
    No fair! That's too strong! Warlocks shouldn't be able to wield those until AT LEAST level 80!!!

3. coop1957

coop1957 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 22, 2002
    The more of these "Tacticool" knives I see the more I love my Case Yellow Pen knife.
    [​IMG]

4. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009

I wonder why they disabled comments in that video?...Hmmm?
    Looks like you found ExskaliTURD, lol

5. Colt6731

Colt6731 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2002
    I guess your easily amused. I've yet to find a Strider design thats not sound. Carried a Strider VB for a year in Iraq (2nd tour) which is the same as the WB with GG scales and serrations on the spine. One of the best real world combat/survival knives available.

6. C.S. Graves

C.S. Graves

Jun 13, 2006
    I think the last one is simply designed fer stabbin'... a pistol-grip alternative to the push dagger. Mind you, I don't find it pretty or nuthin', but I guess that's not the point.

7. Picksmith

Picksmith

Sep 4, 2009
    No, I'm sorry. Any of those other blades I can attribute to artistic expression. I feel like that one requires a self aware jet engine. It's got a ruby training wheel for christs sake. WTF

8. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    [​IMG]

So true...What is truly obscene is that there is just no pocket clip, flipper, or opening hole.

9. TwitchyBlade

TwitchyBlade

May 29, 2009
    How about these too guys! [​IMG]

10. Dagon

Dagon

Nov 12, 2007
    Böker offers several nice designs, and at the side a few truly hideous ones:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is a movie replica they did - would you want to be seen with that:
    [​IMG]

Then there is the subtle brand Zombietools:
    [​IMG]

11. Razorsharp1986

Razorsharp1986 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 23, 2009
    LOL. Some funny looking knives!
    Mantis seem to be making toys, not knives. Funny video... Bottle opener, wow.
    +1 on the strider comment. I think the knife in the picture is very gimmicky, just like most other Strider models, but that's just my personal opinion (and yes, I've owned a couple a Striders). I'd rather get a GI Tanto from CS instead (I don't think they're available no more).

12. orca8589

orca8589

Jan 27, 2007
    Is this why it's called MT8R - "imitater"? :D

I'm wondering why no one's posted a link to a Bud K catalog yet. All this effort you guys are putting into this thread, when one Bud K rag would give you laughing fits for hours.

thx - cpr

13. LX_Emergency

LX_Emergency KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 28, 2007
    wtf!! There's amantis BIKE?!!!! And Pedals????:eek::eek::eek:

14. bubblewhip

bubblewhip

Dec 18, 2009
    Can I ask how the Spyderco Civilian is somehow socially acceptable compared to all of these monstrosities?

[​IMG]

15. jeffa

jeffa

Jun 10, 1999
    :eek:

Your killing me. :D Now that's funny

16. xamoel

xamoel

Jun 9, 2010
    some truly funny looking designs, even if some were rather fantasticlol than tacticlol!

but i really lol'd my a** off at the exskaliTURD!

17. TwitchyBlade

TwitchyBlade

May 29, 2009
    Well in my opinion the Civilian has one purpose, and that is self defense. It is designed to kill or cut or slash. The knives that have been posted so far are knives that IMO have no real design purpose other than to look ridiculous or to get a little teenager excited when they see it in a store...

18. TwitchyBlade

TwitchyBlade

May 29, 2009
    Looking at that one its just a really old rusted i believe its called a "hidden tang" fixed blade whose handle scales are probably long gone.

19. Volk

Volk

Sep 18, 2007
    I was looking for that Ak knife to post, for me personally it takes the cake in ridiculousness.

I visited the zombie site, and I thought hey that is something funny you can hang in your man cave and have a conversation piece....and then I saw the prices...those are some expensive conversation pieces. Anyway the zombie tools aren't tactical, ridiculous? Maybe.

thanks for the post, it made me laugh.

20. hardheart

hardheart

Sep 19, 2001
    In what way?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.