1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Tacticlol Knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by TwitchyBlade, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    Really? I didn't notice. :rolleyes: of course, it is, did you think somebody designed it like that. :rolleyes:

2. hardheart

hardheart

Sep 19, 2001
    Did you think it actually fits with the topic?

3. unit

unit

Nov 22, 2009
    OK This company WINS! No contest. I know of no other company that addresses a mall ninjas weapon choice, AND mode of transportation!

4. proguide

proguide

Mar 26, 2004

hahahaha

5. cziv

cziv

Nov 24, 2005
    Zombietools owner/model?.... Nice hat...lmao :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    I don't really care. If you don't find it funny don't laugh.

7. flying hippo

flying hippo

Aug 26, 2009
  8. untamed

untamed

Jan 7, 2003
    Honestly? The handle could be longer for some "wiggle room" for the grip and probably for the balance. I'd also like it to be just a tad pointier. From the pics alone though, I think it would be a nice platform for a more functional design.

This one's got my vote. Been scratching my ever since I saw it many years ago. I'd really want my "tactical knife" to make up its mind if it wants be be either a kukri OR a hatchet OR a knife.

[​IMG]

9. Psychopomp

Psychopomp

Feb 21, 2005
    I'm surprised there are no pictures of Striders.

Don't get me wrong, I know they're great knives and built like tanks, but the looks of them just make me giggle like a drunk school girl. Aside from that, every one that I've ever held felt like a brick in my hand. Not my cup o' tea.

10. Josh K

Josh K Pirate

Sep 29, 2008
    Some of the more decorated Strider knives sure, but the rest don't look as crazy as some of the other stuff.

11. hardheart

hardheart

Sep 19, 2001
    posts 36 & 68 are both Striders.

12. Picksmith

Picksmith

Sep 4, 2009
    I can live without all those bells and whistles, but no bottle opener? What's their excuse...

13. Psychopomp

Psychopomp

Feb 21, 2005
    Sure is. Missed that one. And yes, it makes me chuckle.

14. cziv

cziv

Nov 24, 2005
    Zombie Tacticlol knife owners only drink moonshine and homemade beer/meade and such. They're much too rough a crowd to be sipping fine wines. :)

15. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    There is a interesting story behind the design of these knives. As noted by TwitchyBlade. The ONLY purpose for this knife is as a self defense weapon, the knife comes with a card that indicates that it should not be used as a utility knife.

16. Jim malone

Jim malone

May 25, 2007
    That is actually a Falcata, an ancient weapon used on the Iberian peninsula, similar to the greek kopis.
    Apart from the weird painting on the blade and the weirdo handling it the blade itself is a very serious battle proven design.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falcata
    http://www.ffil.uam.es/equus/warmas/

17. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    You must mean, apart from the awful goth fashion and zombie fantasy

18. stealthchaser13

stealthchaser13

May 22, 2010
    seriously? they sell knives like post 36 on ebay cheap...

19. hardheart

hardheart

Sep 19, 2001
    well, the image is marked True North Knives, a custom dealer, and the knife has a Strider maker's mark.

20. dialex

dialex

Oct 8, 2002
    The girl showing the Mantis Siko opened the knife using the kinetic ramp on her very own arm - just the way Bram explicitely says NOT to do :jerkit:
    But otherwise I think the Siko is a good SD knife. Of course, one would have to attend Bram's classes to benefit of the knife's fully potential.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.