Tacticlol Knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
I carry this when I walk the dog at night.

sharkknife.jpg

1693.jpg

and this thing on atlanta cutlery...

and here's the write-up:

"This beauty by Boker provides real self defense protection for the discerning executive or martial artist. From knife fighting expert Jim Wagner, the pen style look is extremely easy to carry and hides away nicely in a pocket in plain view and is quickly retrievable. Highly effective and functional as a kubaton & glass breaker plus the razor sharp blade punches and slices like it’s going through butter or clothing easily. Actually handy as a trimming knife as well as for other tasks around the house. Impact resistant plastic and 440C stainless steel. Liner lock, includes pocket clip.
Overall: 5-1/4", closed 4"
Blade: 1-5/8"
Wt: 1.5 oz."

Here is a fantasy knife that just makes me laugh when ever i see it...
Critical Mass 1
25-TA52.jpg

As if the first one wasnt bad enough, they made second one!
Critical Mass 2
critical-mass-ii.jpg

The wasp knife I actually do like and would hate to be on the other end of it. IIRC it was made to defend divers from sharks. And also for defense against big game animals like bears.

I can follow the shark story, but against bears? I don't know if pumping 12 grams of CO2 at 800 psi will instanly kill a bear, or make him more angry. Remember that you are already hugging an 7.5 foot 700 pound angry bear with 6 inch claws. These critters have a very thick and strong hide ( because they frequently fight each other with 6 inch claws.
I am still waiting for the first real life account of the knife. Maybe a fresh dead pig could simulate the effect on a human body?

The wasp knife I actually do like and would hate to be on the other end of it. IIRC it was made to defend divers from sharks. And also for defense against big game animals like bears.

Good luck with trying to stab a bear...

Good luck with trying to stab a bear...

A knife billed for double duty terrestrial AND aquatic food chain toppers? I think we have a winner. How well does it work on dinosaurs?

Some of these knives are clearly just fantasy wall hangers that are in no way intended to be practical. I actually have no problem with that - they are decorator stuff, and while they don't fit my personal tastes, neither do most of the stupid little nick-knacks people put on shelves around their houses.

There's a big difference between a ridiculous looking fantasy knife that's intended purely for decoration, and a tacticlol knife that's designed and marketed as if it's an actual practical self defense tool, being sold to people who will only ever have to defend themselves from a monster attacking them in World of Warcraft.

It's actually not. Yes, some designs are "over the top" but there is a specific purpose of use with his designs.

This isn't really a discussion of whether or not the designs have a specific purpose or not. It is a discussion of designs that make you LOL. Sorry if I offend, but I find quite a few of Laci's designs make me LOL. Just like some others don't like the looks of Mike Hawk's design, and others don't like the Strider designs. It's all a matter of personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back