1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Tacticlol Knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by TwitchyBlade, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mogmz

mogmz

Sep 1, 2002
    I carry this when I walk the dog at night.

[​IMG]

2. hawaiianhawk

hawaiianhawk

Dec 25, 2009
    [​IMG]

and this thing on atlanta cutlery...

and here's the write-up:

"This beauty by Boker provides real self defense protection for the discerning executive or martial artist. From knife fighting expert Jim Wagner, the pen style look is extremely easy to carry and hides away nicely in a pocket in plain view and is quickly retrievable. Highly effective and functional as a kubaton & glass breaker plus the razor sharp blade punches and slices like itÂ’s going through butter or clothing easily. Actually handy as a trimming knife as well as for other tasks around the house. Impact resistant plastic and 440C stainless steel. Liner lock, includes pocket clip.
    Overall: 5-1/4", closed 4"
    Blade: 1-5/8"
    Wt: 1.5 oz."

3. Scott Neelan

Scott Neelan

May 4, 2010
    If I'm ever in your neighborhood, remind me to carry a gun...

4. Cavalry_Scout

Cavalry_Scout

Jun 8, 2010
    This thread delivers!

5. TwitchyBlade

TwitchyBlade

May 29, 2009
    HAHA yes it does :) Glad you like it!

6. TwitchyBlade

TwitchyBlade

May 29, 2009
    Here is a fantasy knife that just makes me laugh when ever i see it...
    Critical Mass 1 [​IMG]
    As if the first one wasnt bad enough, they made second one!
    Critical Mass 2[​IMG]

7. stealthchaser13

stealthchaser13

May 22, 2010
  8. Jim malone

Jim malone

May 25, 2007
  9. Scott Neelan

Scott Neelan

May 4, 2010
    Somehow that one's not funny to me, just scary and stupid.

10. cziv

cziv

Nov 24, 2005
    You've gotta love the multiple jet tail fins on the wrist of that top contraption. They don't look sharpened so what would be the purpose, other than for commanding envy from your associates in mall-ninjary? :cool:

Love the Wasp! http://www.waspknife.com/video_watermelon.php

11. TwitchyBlade

TwitchyBlade

May 29, 2009
    The wasp knife I actually do like and would hate to be on the other end of it. IIRC it was made to defend divers from sharks. And also for defense against big game animals like bears.

12. TwitchyBlade

TwitchyBlade

May 29, 2009
    Ill be honest, I really wouldnt mind owning this knife. I think it would make a decent knife. It is pretty cheap too.

13. Jim malone

Jim malone

May 25, 2007
    I can follow the shark story, but against bears? I don't know if pumping 12 grams of CO2 at 800 psi will instanly kill a bear, or make him more angry. Remember that you are already hugging an 7.5 foot 700 pound angry bear with 6 inch claws. These critters have a very thick and strong hide ( because they frequently fight each other with 6 inch claws.
    I am still waiting for the first real life account of the knife. Maybe a fresh dead pig could simulate the effect on a human body?

14. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    Good luck with trying to stab a bear...

15. unit

unit

Nov 22, 2009
    A knife billed for double duty terrestrial AND aquatic food chain toppers? I think we have a winner. How well does it work on dinosaurs?

16. Dr Heelhook

Dr Heelhook Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 24, 2007
    That's not intended to be tactical, it's just a fantasy blade. Doesn't quite fit the topic.

17. MustardMan

MustardMan

Mar 14, 2009
    Some of these knives are clearly just fantasy wall hangers that are in no way intended to be practical. I actually have no problem with that - they are decorator stuff, and while they don't fit my personal tastes, neither do most of the stupid little nick-knacks people put on shelves around their houses.

There's a big difference between a ridiculous looking fantasy knife that's intended purely for decoration, and a tacticlol knife that's designed and marketed as if it's an actual practical self defense tool, being sold to people who will only ever have to defend themselves from a monster attacking them in World of Warcraft.

18. viva la

viva la

Jan 13, 2010
    This isn't really a discussion of whether or not the designs have a specific purpose or not. It is a discussion of designs that make you LOL. Sorry if I offend, but I find quite a few of Laci's designs make me LOL. Just like some others don't like the looks of Mike Hawk's design, and others don't like the Strider designs. It's all a matter of personal opinion.

19. jec006

jec006

Feb 14, 2010
    [​IMG]

This one looks pretty hilarious to me

20. Bryan J

Bryan J

Apr 16, 2010
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.