• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

TADGEAR? nope, not with this attitude....

That is true, but you could have taken it up with him, and as far as I'm concerned, you lost your argument as your as you called him a putz in your original post. This makes it look like you came looking to stir the shit.

No, out of 1091 posts, I simply came to voice a rare 'bad' in the Good, Bad & Ugly forums.

Would you have been MORE satisifed with this situations outcome IF the "Library" comment was left out and in the reply email sent and you were simply reffered to their return policy literature and THAN fairly charged the 15% as oppossed to 5% restock fee accordingly? :confused:

LD
??? this would be an interesting insight please.

Doing stuff like that to me, is like not taking responsiblility for what happens around you...If he said "No I won't cause you suck" is one thing, but to go on a forum and lambast a small buisness owner, is the same as yelling at a cashier in a store.

Well, knife buyers today have a lot of options as to where they can spend their money, and this forum is precisely the place where you can share your experiences both good and bad. In fact, some here would consider Dave irresponsible for not making such a post. This one incident though, in and of itself, is beyond inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, and given Evan's rep on this board won't amount to much- provided, of course, it is not often repeated. But given the purpose of this forum, you can't find fault with Dave for posting it.

I think this horse is pretty well beat by now. Late. :D

I guess being honest is a liability these days.

Don't sweat-it Dave, as you've already found out here, there is a huge cheerleader following.

:rolleyes:

Evan is a good guy and TAD a superb business. Having said that, his wisecrack comment should have been reserved for someone who knows Evan and understands his "sense of humor". New customers must be treated with absolute respect in hopes of reaping the benefit of making him/her a regular returning customer. That will not happen if Evan wisecracks with regularity, he does not!!

Nothing wrong with a restocking fee, especially when returning a knife because it was not what you expected. A restocking fee is jujst the cost of Internet "sight unseen" business and TAD generally overlooks the fee or reduces it for returning customers.
Evan needs his pee pee slapped for being flippant to a new customer but beyond that I see no reason for a mass boycott of TAD. TAD is one of the best on line retailers and 100% honest, I will never hesitate to do business with them.

This is not about a restocking fee. This is not about the size of MNDART's 2.5 inch penis, or about his dealings with cigars because he wants to hold something bigger. This thread is about a smart-ass comment made by a re-tailer. As far as the "users" talking about "getting a life" and "penis envy", you all are too cheap to spend $25.00 to become a member of this site. I find it hard to believe you are just-a-buyer of any knives at all. And since you don't support this site, (the members all do), I wouldn't think you would support any of it members. Its odd that you defend TAD and want to insult Diamdave to the point where you are all being smart-asses with your comments like Evan's. So honestly your comments should be kept to yourselves. I agree with TORZJOHNSON and KIETH MONTGOMERY. Diamdave, there many re-tailers out there brother, TAD is not the GOD of knives. As far as "understanding a person" to say maybe they were "having a bad day", thats B.S., All you are doing there is taking away their responsibility for their actions. We all dont have to be Dr. Phil to buy and sell in this country for God sake. And saying "we are not a library" isnt speaking your mind, its being a rude bully to a customer, and if you dont care for the customer, you wont be around long. Wait a sec, TAD still has some of "THE USERS" on this site to buy from them. Good, that way they can all bully and be smart-asses with and to :jerkit: each other.

It seems to me that Evan could have just sucked it up and said he was sorry, but instead he delivered a counterargument of sorts. There's a lot of classy online retailers and manufacturers around to deal with, so I also say screw the ones that don't "get it".

I swear, some of THE DUMBEST shit I have ever read on the Internet has been right here in this forum. Dave, with guys like hotrodKelley on your side, how can you lose? Mr. Kelley, I'm not a gold member here, by choice, not as a result of my destitution. Wanna compare knife collections? You might think you talk a tough game, but that's the extent of it I'm sure.

What my dearest Brandon did I say to hurt YOUR feelings? Did I mension you in my posts? Did I mension all the registered users of this site? The answer is NO to both of those questions. Again, this is about a comment that was made that shouldnt have been. And what does this have to do with the size of knife collections Brandon?? You are just the kind of person who should NOT speak your mind.

TAD gear rocks both online in a fantastic website, physically at their store where they treat a forum fellow like a long lost friend, and in doing business online where I have personally had several ideal transactions. Once, I received an item within 24 hours of clicking "add to cart." Literally, less than 24 hours.

TAD is a small private business. Its not Nordstrom. Its not Wal-mart. Its a handful of guys.

That they would take back a perfectly good item that was fully described just because the buyer didn't like it, despite knowing how big it was and what it looked like, is something that they would do at their own discretion. Its not only the transaction fees that they must absorb, they take the risk of getting back an expensive item that they cannot re-sell as "new". All because despite there being a hundred places on the internet to find size specs and photographs, the buyer decided after the fact that he did not like a perfectly good item.

The added comments were unprofessional. Really no good excuse for them, and I expect the TAD guys will show more decorum in the future, whether there is more to the story than what meets the eye or not.

In reference to the comment that only "supporting" members can speak their mind, I'll say some people, particularly newcomers, don't know what they don't know. Some of us have put an awful lot of support into this forum, for quite some time.

Bottom line, its a nice thing as a consumer to have a dealer take something back just because we don't like it. I too find myself expecting such service. The comment and/or tone of the response was unprofessional given what has been disclosed here, but is certainly not a reason to flame an honest merchant. I'll certainly continue to give TAD some of my business.

OK folks. I"ve said my piece.

Nobody suggested boycotting a dealer.
Nobody suggested a restocking fee was totally unfair.
Nobody said Mr. Evan is not a great, standup guy.

At least I never said those things. By all means shop with the guy if you wish. I think my email was polite, I think my reasons for not wanting the knife were legit, I think the 'library' comment was unprofessional.

That's all.

There's no reason to Flame a formite for stating something in TGB&U forum either.

This kind of rude, condescending correspondence is favored by certain "tough guy" knife folks and people from their favorite knife company. It's simply a form of bullying, but they like to call it "telling it like it is". Perhaps TADgear has a lot of customers in this demographic, and began to believe it was ok to be rude to their customers. Screw 'em. Just shop elsewhere.

I think this is a very astute perception. I agree completely.

Well, boss, when you make statements like...
you are all too cheap to pay $25.00 to become a member of this site...... and
I wouldn't think you would support any of it's members........all and any are both fairly inclusive words, and being a user of this site I felt included in your remarks. You certainly didn't hurt my feelings, I just find it real funny that a brand new member knows so damn much.:rolleyes:

Is good, and bad(not sure about ugly).:D

1. They are a niche business. They have some stuff that you are unlikely to find anywhere else-tritium thumbstuds, patches, survival tubes....

2. If you want that stuff, you do business with them, if you want less specialized equipment, and more "normal" customer service, REI is a good bet.;)

3. These guys seem to have fun doing what they are doing, and I hope that they are making a buck at it! That said, I remember one day last year, could have been the year before, where everyone was off of work because they were buying AR-15 lowers, due to a loophole in a law that was found.

A funeral or wedding, I could understand, but this seemed a bit excessive.:yawn: It does however, illustrate who you are dealing with. In the end, TAD Gear has done me right, and I try to do some business with them, but I would not slam a paying BladeForums member for voicing a negative comment.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Lets keep this civil, folks.

Remember; this forum is here to tell the other members your expeiences, good, bad, or ugly. You may not agree with the OP, but he is relaying his personal experience, and unless you were there, you only have his word.

What we don't need here is an all out war on either side. I would hate to start banning people for participating in an all out flame war against any member, but I'll do it if necessary.

Please. keep it civil.

You would be surprised how many times I have read on other boards that members no longer post on BF because of all the moaning and groaning started from simple comments.

Diamond Dave simply stated that he didn't appreciate the snide remark and everyone else is making a mountain of a molehill.

HotRodKelley - very well said.

Let's try to drop the attitudes - we don't want to scare new members away. Thank you.:thumbup:

I can understand your frustration,what people don't undertsand is the dealer still has to pay processing charge fee's even on a return.Even with shipping charges not calculated,he would have to pay at least 2-3% just for the priviledge of you trying out the knife.This doesn't include time spent processing the order/packing etc.On the other end of the issue,dealers have to realize there is going to be these kind of problems when conducting business, site unseen.TAD must have a return policy for this type of issue,which you should have explored prior to committing.If there is no defect there will be usually a restocking fee.Normally runs between 10-20%,so 5% ain't bad.He could have used a bit more tact in his e-mail though.No reason to be sarcastic.
If he can't handle it maybe he should get out of the biz. Not surprised, Evan sent me a snotty email but when I called him on the phone he was extremely nice. Sounds really young too.

Back