Talk of a Wee blade, the story unfolds

... and a compass :thumbsup:

:D Geez I must be feeling better I'm getting back to my not nice temperament. :)

Just funnin' with ya Pinemoon Pinemoon A lanyard hole - a tube? - could be very useful on a wee blade.
Don't know how practical with stacked leather but the answer man will let us know.

Ray
Hey--
Yeah, either a tube or a piece of wood/ micarta under the butt cap with a hole...
Or maybe a proud tang with a hole ( but this would probably screw up the security of the hammered tang, etc.)
Yes, leaving it up to the master to enlighten us :cool:
And thinking this could be optional for extra $$. Some folks don't like holes.

What about a USB port in the handle, lol!! :p

I should be able to work one into the micarta, it would need to be below the tang, would require a thicker piece and at at a minimal cost.

You're right about the tang by the way, I like to peen it like I mean it, that's the 'handle security' icing on the cake. The extension would also make for a snaggy end, which is designed somewhat rounded to prevent that.

What about a USB port in the handle
You mean like for a thumb drive?:eek:
b2286f9a44db2ad9aa88f9aae69514bf.jpg

I should be able to work one into the micarta, it would need to be below the tang, would require a thicker piece and at at a minimal cost.

You're right about the tang by the way, I like to peen it like I mean it, that's the 'handle security' icing on the cake. The extension would also make for a snaggy end, which is designed somewhat rounded to prevent that.

Sounds good, Sir :thumbsup:
This project is really getting exciting :)
Glad I found Redmeadow. Thanks Ray :thumbsup:

And a Tom Thumb USB :eek: o_O :p :)

Here's an overview so we can all get on the same page. Things are numbered, so if I offer options, or there are any questions, there's no question about what we're discussing.

For example, Spacer #5 will have a choice of different woods and maybe paperstone. Spacer #3 may have a few colors of micarta to choose from.
20190307_110221-02.jpeg
Don't get too hung up on my poor sketch, the real thing will flow much better.

That looks great I see it becoming my main EDC fixed blade.
I'd like to make myself one, I dont know if it would ever leave my belt.

It looks like we are doing a run of 6 maybe 7. I'll start a group message with the Dibs and we'll talk the dirty business when everything's sorted. No worries there.

That’s a good list but I don’t see your name on there. What steel are you thinking that you are going to use?

That’s a good list but I don’t see your name on there. What steel are you thinking that you are going to use?
I may cut an extra out for myself, havent decided yet. I'd really like to have one, but making one for myself is tough for some reason. I get attached to every knife I make, but I also can't wait to release them into the wild. These will be 52100 in .10", that should give us some naturally slicy geometry with a flat grind that tall.

I may cut an extra out for myself, havent decided yet. I'd really like to have one, but making one for myself is tough for some reason. I get attached to every knife I make, but I also can't wait to release them into the wild. These will be 52100 in .10", that should give us some naturally slicy geometry with a flat grind that tall.

Fine, then make two for me and you can keep one for "testing" until I'm ready to pay for it ;).

I'd like to make myself one, I dont know if it would ever leave my belt.

It looks like we are doing a run of 6 maybe 7. I'll start a group message with the Dibs and we'll talk the dirty business when everything's sorted. No worries there.

Looks like 6 Dibs on these.

Rupe
Mack
Jared
Ray
Greg
Pinemoon

VERY glad to hear this! :D :thumbsup:

You really should keep one for yourself!!! This is going to be an excellent EDC pattern! :cool: Flat-ground 1/10th 52100 will be a slicing monster! :D

Fine, then make two for me and you can keep one for "testing" until I'm ready to pay for it ;).

Excellent idea! :D :thumbsup:

^:thumbsup:

I'll probably come up with a couple more, but Lil' Red and Meadow Wave come to mind...

Some smallish ideas....

Whelp
Keet
Yip
Hymn
Sonnet
Lyric
Line
Dash
Short
Verse
Couplet
Ballad
Dram
Snort
Pint
Dash
Teat
Hint
Trace
Note
Grit

^ Really :( Now we are just getting insulting :rolleyes:

BULLY

Though I will likely just call mine ShortStack Bull to go with my SmokeStack Bull.

Ray

Last edited:
Back