Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade!!!. . . . Coming Wednesday 9-25-2019!!!!. . . . 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Robdude

Robdude Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2015
    WTF.. was Daryl Dixons Team Gemini always a Light brigade? I could have sworn I looked years ago an it was an original Team Gemini...?? Guess the cheese is sliding off my cracker:confused:

2. itadakimasu

itadakimasu

Oct 31, 2013
    I'm pretty sure, that the Busse used on TWD was a Team Gemini, not a TGLB.

3. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    I think that's right. I think TGLB with Tan and Black G10 and Competition Finish got to be the Daryl Dixon Knife because it was as close as you could get based on what Busse was offering at the time.

Also, I'm pretty sure the knife Daryl used most of the time was just a handle with a CGI blade, and I don't think Busse has ever offered a CGI blade that performs well in real life.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    Apocryphiliac likes this.
  4. edgeweasy

edgeweasy

Jan 19, 2018
    ...just strolling sales by individuals for a tglb...WHO CARES
    WANTTHATONE!!! AWESOME

fkctrjt121 and itadakimasu like this.
  5. Stubai

Stubai

Mar 16, 2007
    I am miles from my trusty postal scale, yet I think my A2 version clocked in at somewhere around 1.25 pounds if my memory isn't failing. This new beast is certainly on the 'light' side of the fence and should make it a breeze to carry while camping or on the hunt. Less weight is often a welcomed luxury for me if the terrain involves anything with mountains. I know this much: the heavy rifles quietly remain back home, well oiled, delightfully avoiding the reality of such scenarios.

blackhat likes this.
  6. Steven65

Steven65 Traditional Hog Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Now you talking!!:)

hydeinmind likes this.
  7. razorburn

razorburn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Damn,I knew I should of purchase some shop credits last year.Wasn't expecting to find anything to my liking

8. Robdude

Robdude Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2015
    I swear it's the friggin Mandela effect.. I could have swore it was the original but now all I see on Twd is the light brigade (with fuller)

9. nydude

nydude Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    The OGTG has a fuller as well. It's hard to tell the difference between the two at a distance unless you're looking at a very specific angle.

10. Iliveocean

Iliveocean Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2019
    Any word on when these will be hitting the “shipping room”?

*Other than the normal 2 weeks.

11. hydeinmind

hydeinmind Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2015
    I’m pretty sure Daryl’s TG was the OGTG w smaller fuller, convex grind, and full tang. I’m positive it was tan&black G10 and I think it was a special Busse Double Cut one or after market Double Cut before it made its debut on the show. Positive it was uncoated INFI either way! ;)

12. rothnroll

rothnroll

Aug 6, 2019
    So I take it that these do not come with a sheath? If so, any suggestions for a custom sheath that will fit?

13. itadakimasu

itadakimasu

Oct 31, 2013
    lmcq784 likes this.
  14. JohnTheTexican

Jul 1, 2006
    Long Spec Ops is a good off-the-shelf option for TGs. If you want custom, there are several sheath makers who post here who do great work and who will no doubt be getting one of these to make true custom sheaths.

lmcq784 and nydude like this.
  15. fbusmc

fbusmc

Jan 28, 2008
    I really like the spec ops sheath, it fits perfect, at least the other tglb do. Was designed so military units getting it could get a good sheath from the px

lmcq784 likes this.
  16. rothnroll

rothnroll

Aug 6, 2019
    Do you have anyone you would recommend for a custom leather sheath?

17. JohnTheTexican

Jul 1, 2006
    A few that spring to mind are Condo's Leather, Chad Pirtle, Armorallleather, and Azula Gun Holsters. They all do nice leather work. And I'm sure I'm leaving somebody out.

Patriot Leather does nice work, but I think for Busses you have to send the knife in (got tired of dealing with all the variations and people not knowing exactly what they had, I think).

David Lennon and fromABACUStoPC like this.
  18. fromABACUStoPC

fromABACUStoPC

Dec 15, 2009
    I like Azula Gun Holsters's leather sheath, ordered one for my HOGB8, not the fanciest sheath out there but extremely lightweight and fits the knife perfectly well, for less than $60 can't really ask for more. I had a few fancy custom made leather sheath in past, but these days I don't buy $100+ leather sheath anymore

19. rothnroll

rothnroll

Aug 6, 2019
    I think this might be a better choice for me than leather because I can wash it.

20. Grapeshot

Grapeshot

Mar 1, 2008
    Just so I’m clear: the Big DC finish is a bead blasted bare metal, right?

GotSteel likes this.