1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade!!!. . . . Coming Wednesday 9-25-2019!!!!. . . . 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Sep 15, 2019.

1. ipal

ipal

May 5, 2009
    much like last time when the hogs trampled FFG infidu cart down within hours.
    I am sure many hogs were heart broken then before the cart back up again in a day :p (fingers crossed if the cart could be repaired again this time with the TGULB :rolleyes:)

David Lennon likes this.
  2. nydude

nydude Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    You may be right. I take it back. If you really want one get in early. I will be.

3. nydude

Jun 10, 2009
    Actually has there ever been a promotion on one of these offerings where the first 10 or 20 orders gets like a hat, or hog bead, or maybe their hog name on the blade?

edit: not like we need more incentive to order though.

4. Busto

Busto KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 26, 2011
    I suspect that Jerry has taken into account the popularity of the Team Gemini and stocked piled INFI to meet the Early Feeding Frenzy and it's NOT a Ganzaaaa style With the announcement of Limited Quantities....However there may be a Limited Quantity of Competition Finish which has happened in the recent past, but even those were available for a couple of days...Order Early...Order Often don't be waiting for Saturday in hopes your selection will still be available:eek::eek::eek::eek:

5. extrastout

extrastout Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Will it be ill advised to baton with this deep dish hollow grind...chipping and rolling might be an issue perhaps?

6. nydude

Jun 10, 2009
    I have batoned quite a bit with that TGLB above that has the same grind and have seen no issues.

Boru13 likes this.
  7. ScottsBad

ScottsBad Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Hollow grind will probably work for most people, and I might have overlooked it for my applications, but it is a deep hollow grind. I would have preferred a shallow hollow grind if I went hollow grind. FFG or convex are my goto.

Like I said, I love these knives and have wanted one for a long time. I'm torn. Arrrgh. I'd pay $50 more for a flat grind.

8. razorburn

razorburn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Less seven hours and counting.Still deciding on blade coatings and handles options.

Just visited the Busse Combat site and was looking at the pics of blade finishes and handle options available.

I have to say it needs to be updated.No pics of the other canvas micarta handles or some of the newer blade coatings

ScoMa likes this.
  9. sixplymaple

sixplymaple Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2018
    The list is nowhere near finished, but this is the best we have so far. Feel free to contribute some pics yourself...
    https://bladeforums.com/threads/color-combination-vault.1678560/

razorburn, Apocryphiliac and lmcq784 like this.
  10. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    I expect my power to go out about 9 o'clock tonight since this will be the most ordered blade of the year I have no doubts. On the recent Ganzas I've seen the lights flicker but I anticipate a total blackout - 9 months from now there will be a bunch of Wauseon babies born ironically, under the sign of "Gemini" ... tell me that's not some spooky sht right there~ :eek::confused::oops::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Busto, nydude, UNRL Ghandi and 3 others like this.
  11. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    I was only going to order two of these but then it was pointed out this is the last evolution of the TGLB so now I'm forced to get five.

razorburn, Busto and duramax like this.
  12. Amy-0

Amy-0 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Mar 8, 2006
    8 to 16 weeks :)
    Amy-0
    Customer Service
    Busse Knife Group

13. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    The "super deep dish hollow grind" is not a deep hollow grind as you're thinking. It is a large-radius hollow grind (a 24" radius iirc), in other words, a very shallow hollow grind which is nearly flat ground.

ipal, hydeinmind and duramax like this.
  14. extrastout

extrastout Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Where did you get this info? Or is deep dish hollow a term that's been around. The blade is the same width and same profile as the tglb I believe. This leaves me to believe more steel is getting remove from the thickness of this already thinned out blade. I mean this could just be a great example of how great infi really is. Not needing to rely on thick stock to be a bruiser

15. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    If this wasn’t coming on the heels of estimated tax payment and a major upgrade to the truck, I’d probably go two: one BIG DC, one CF. But, since the timing almost absolutely could not be worse, I’m going to have to hold at one. And with these coming, I know there’s ZERO chance of unloading a TGA2 or anything like that.

David Lennon likes this.
  16. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    I can guarantee you the hollow grind will not be a strength problem.
    And yes, I believe deep dish hollow grind has been around since the TGLB. I thought it had it.

17. Srtr

Srtr Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2016
    today is the day!

now...do i go with micarta or g10?

only ever had TGLBs in micarta, no idea how they feel with g10.

18. David Lennon

David Lennon Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 26, 2017
    Thanks for the update definitely in for one, wouldn't have suited the best if the ding was in a few days time.:thumbsup:

19. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Here is a quote from Jerry showing the deep dish hollow grind on the original TGLB. It also shows a comparison between the convex of the original TG and the hollow grind of the TGLB. And looks like I transposed the numbers of the deep dish size... It's 42" diameter, not 24" radius! Hope that clears it all up! :thumbsup:

lmcq784, mpjustin, BeastClaw and 2 others like this.
  20. Chrisinzky

Chrisinzky Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2015
    So the first tglb description notes a shallow dish grind, the tgulb is described as having a deep dish hollow. Can we get some insight as to what the difference is between the two? Typo?

lmcq784 likes this.