Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade!!!. . . . Coming Wednesday 9-25-2019!!!!. . . . 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

Usually they're up for a couple days. If something goes up on Wednesday I think I see last call emails on Friday. If you do it when you wake up it should be fine, but I really don't want to be responsible for anyone missing it.
much like last time when the hogs trampled FFG infidu cart down within hours.
I am sure many hogs were heart broken then before the cart back up again in a day :p (fingers crossed if the cart could be repaired again this time with the TGULB :rolleyes:)

much like last time when the hogs trampled FFG infidu cart down within hours.
I am sure many hogs were heart broken then before the cart back up again in a day :p (fingers crossed if the cart could be repaired again this time with the TGULB :rolleyes:)

You may be right. I take it back. If you really want one get in early. I will be.

Actually has there ever been a promotion on one of these offerings where the first 10 or 20 orders gets like a hat, or hog bead, or maybe their hog name on the blade?

edit: not like we need more incentive to order though.

I suspect that Jerry has taken into account the popularity of the Team Gemini and stocked piled INFI to meet the Early Feeding Frenzy and it's NOT a Ganzaaaa style With the announcement of Limited Quantities....However there may be a Limited Quantity of Competition Finish which has happened in the recent past, but even those were available for a couple of days...Order Early...Order Often don't be waiting for Saturday in hopes your selection will still be available:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Will it be ill advised to baton with this deep dish hollow grind...chipping and rolling might be an issue perhaps?

I have batoned quite a bit with that TGLB above that has the same grind and have seen no issues.

Hollow grind will probably work for most people, and I might have overlooked it for my applications, but it is a deep hollow grind. I would have preferred a shallow hollow grind if I went hollow grind. FFG or convex are my goto.

Like I said, I love these knives and have wanted one for a long time. I'm torn. Arrrgh. I'd pay $50 more for a flat grind.

Less seven hours and counting.Still deciding on blade coatings and handles options.

Just visited the Busse Combat site and was looking at the pics of blade finishes and handle options available.

I have to say it needs to be updated.No pics of the other canvas micarta handles or some of the newer blade coatings

Less seven hours and counting.Still deciding on blade coatings and handles options.

Just visited the Busse Combat site and was looking at the pics of blade finishes and handle options available.

I have to say it needs to be updated.No pics of the other canvas micarta handles or some of the newer blade coatings
The list is nowhere near finished, but this is the best we have so far. Feel free to contribute some pics yourself...
https://bladeforums.com/threads/color-combination-vault.1678560/

I expect my power to go out about 9 o'clock tonight since this will be the most ordered blade of the year I have no doubts. On the recent Ganzas I've seen the lights flicker but I anticipate a total blackout - 9 months from now there will be a bunch of Wauseon babies born ironically, under the sign of "Gemini" ... tell me that's not some spooky sht right there~ :eek::confused::oops::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hollow grind will probably work for most people, and I might have overlooked it for my applications, but it is a deep hollow grind. I would have preferred a shallow hollow grind if I went hollow grind. FFG or convex are my goto.

Like I said, I love these knives and have wanted one for a long time. I'm torn. Arrrgh. I'd pay $50 more for a flat grind.

The "super deep dish hollow grind" is not a deep hollow grind as you're thinking. It is a large-radius hollow grind (a 24" radius iirc), in other words, a very shallow hollow grind which is nearly flat ground.

The "super deep dish hollow grind" is not a deep hollow grind as you're thinking. It is a large-radius hollow grind (a 24" radius iirc), in other words, a very shallow hollow grind which is nearly flat ground.
Where did you get this info? Or is deep dish hollow a term that's been around. The blade is the same width and same profile as the tglb I believe. This leaves me to believe more steel is getting remove from the thickness of this already thinned out blade. I mean this could just be a great example of how great infi really is. Not needing to rely on thick stock to be a bruiser

If this wasn’t coming on the heels of estimated tax payment and a major upgrade to the truck, I’d probably go two: one BIG DC, one CF. But, since the timing almost absolutely could not be worse, I’m going to have to hold at one. And with these coming, I know there’s ZERO chance of unloading a TGA2 or anything like that.

Where did you get this info? Or is deep dish hollow a term that's been around. The blade is the same width and same profile as the tglb I believe. This leaves me to believe more steel is getting remove from the thickness of this already thinned out blade. I mean this could just be a great example of how great infi really is. Not needing to rely on thick stock to be a bruiser
I can guarantee you the hollow grind will not be a strength problem.
And yes, I believe deep dish hollow grind has been around since the TGLB. I thought it had it.

today is the day!

now...do i go with micarta or g10?

only ever had TGLBs in micarta, no idea how they feel with g10.

Here is a quote from Jerry showing the deep dish hollow grind on the original TGLB. It also shows a comparison between the convex of the original TG and the hollow grind of the TGLB. And looks like I transposed the numbers of the deep dish size... It's 42" diameter, not 24" radius! Hope that clears it all up! :thumbsup:

Here we go gang!!! The following pics should give you an idea of what we have been working on. . . . .

This first pic shows the "Light Brigade" treatment on a Team Gemini. . . .

GeminiLightBrigade.jpg

Here's a cut-away of the handle-lightening work with the Light Brigade anti-vibration web that spans the entire inside profile of the handle while producing an I-Beam effect. This greatly reduces the weight of the handle without turning it into a hollowed out tuning fork. . . Very Cool ! ! ! ! :thumbup:

What isn't shown in this cut-away is the fact that we will be using an end mill with radiussed corners to ensure that there aren't any stress risers introduced into the design. The end mill used on the knife in the pic did not have this radiussed design. (You can see the radius in the above pic along the inside edges.)

LightBrigadeHandlecutaway.jpg

The next cool feature is the HUGE diameter shallow hollow grind (42" diameter that's bigger than a hula hoop!!!!!) used on the primary bevel. This ensures a much lighter blade while allowing for a wicked sharp edge. This large diameter also greatly decreases the tendency that smaller diameter hollow grinds have of binding in wood when chopping.

COLBBladecutaway2.jpg

Here's a pic that shows the difference in geometry between a convex bevel and the new Light Brigade shallow hollow ground bevel . . .

COLBBladecutaway3.jpg

The Light Brigade treatment reduced the overall weight of the Team Gemini by approx. 1/3 pound!!!!! :eek:

We are looking into "treating" some of our old school models as well as introducing some new designs with these features.

Yours in light weight and bad assed INFI,:thumbup:

Jerry :D

So the first tglb description notes a shallow dish grind, the tgulb is described as having a deep dish hollow. Can we get some insight as to what the difference is between the two? Typo?

Back