TechStudio K01 Profile Sharpening System

Well, the week has ended and we are now in September. S.T.A.T.E.S. has not received tracking numbers, yet.
Sorry.

George

The TECH Studio is a beautiful system.
I'm actually surprised that no one came out with something as sturdy/robust before them.

I see a lot of growing pains in the company structure but once those are solved this can be a multi million dollar product. Especially for the professional crowd.

Good luck to you!

I was wanting to inquire as to the status of your august order,do you have any idea as to when it may show up.
Did you ever get a tracking number saying its on its way to you George.

I was wanting to inquire as to the status of your august order,do you have any idea as to when it may show up.
Did you ever get a tracking number saying its on its way to you George.
No, not yet, Larry. There are 6 people anxiously waiting for their K03's.

I'll keep you posted.

George

This is a message for TechStudio,what is taking so long to get George his August shipment that was supposed to be here a long time ago,I have stuff I would like to order as well as other people and we can not do that if George does not get his shipment.

Last edited:
August order from Tech Studio has arrived! We will be busy over the next few days sending previously ordered K03 sharpeners and a couple of K02 sharpeners to happy customers. <smiley>

Also, there are now 5 more K02's in stock for those who were waiting to order them. Considering the lead time, now isn't too early to think about placing orders for Christmas gifts.

George

Edited: When we inventoried what arrived, we discovered that new reinforced springs for post-July 2017 K02's were not sent. On a positive note, the Removable Tables do fit the pre-July 2017 K02's. Stay tuned for confirmation that they also fit the post-July K02's and new K03's.

Last edited:
table.jpg
Information on Removable Table (knife support plate)
We have successfully tested the removable table on both pre-July 2017 K02 and post-July 2017 K02. If you are an owner of K02 or K03, regardless of unit's age, and you want to "sharpen guided freehand a la Edge Pro (tm)" or if you have a hatchet or machete the exciting new Removable Table is ready to order and to ship.

George

Last edited:
TechStudio I have been waiting for George to get the newer designed reinforced springs for the K02 when will you be shipping those out.

TechStudio I have been waiting for George to get the newer designed reinforced springs for the K02 when will you be shipping those out.
Great news, Wade! We just received the new reinforced springs by special post today. Now we can make you and many other people happy.

George

No more free UPS ground on K02 Wranglerstar. Prices going up. S.T.A.T.E.S. cost from the manufacturer has gone up by 7.4% due to the cost of shipping and strength of US dollar, we are told. So, we are forced to drop the free UPS ground and raise the price slightly. The last two units in stock will still be sold at $458. The next batch will reflect a slight price increase.

Sorry,
George

Safe to assume price hikes across the board?

Really want a K03 but need to wait a bit still.
Yes, more than likely, I'm afraid. But we are doing everything to keep costs low and try to not pass any more
price hikes than absolutely necessary.

George

View attachment 761726
Information on Removable Table (knife support plate)
We have successfully tested the removable table on both pre-July 2017 K02 and post-July 2017 K02. If you are an owner of K02 or K03, regardless of unit's age, and you want to "sharpen guided freehand a la Edge Pro (tm)" or if you have a hatchet or machete the exciting new Removable Table is ready to order and to ship.

George

Hatchet or machete huh?

Last edited:
Hatchet or machete huh? Can you explain the ala freehand? ;)

Wonder about an axe?
Some people call the use of a support table "guided freehand" in that the blade is not clamped and therefore allows for more freedom of movement by the person sharpening. But, much as in true freehand sharpening, more care needs to be taken to keep the reference surface of the blade flat against the table. Also, when using the table, you have to switch hands on the stone holder. This also requires more dexterity.

To sharpen an axe, you will need to find a piece of wood that is the right thickness so that when you lay the axe head behind it, the central line of the head is parallel to the table. When you have found the right piece of wood, then use blue painter's tape to hold it down to the table so the wood won't move. BTW, this holds true for the hatchet as well since the head is often tapered like an axe head.

Welcome to Blade Forums, Gentry. Enjoy that K03! ... George

I think I see what you're saying concerning the wood. Have a photo just so i'm sure? :D
Gentry, sorry but I don't have time right now. I'll try to take a picture of a setup with my Gransfors Bruk Small Forest axe. Let's be clear, I'm not saying you can get a convex angle with the K03/K02. I am saying you can put the last 30 deg or 35 deg apex very precisely with the sharpener. When the edge gets too thick, you will need to re-establish the convex geometry by hand with proper "hockey puck" stone or file.

George

Back