TechStudio K01 Profile Sharpening System

The initial stock arrives at S.T.A.T.E.S. today. Previous orders go out tomorrow. For the latest news, follow our thread in
"For Sale by Dealers", "Gadgets and gear" sub-forum.

Thanks for your patience and support.
George

Hi!
Here our new K03 sharpener, as you can see it have special lifting unit on the back! Setting sharpening angles became much easier, faster and more precision.
#tsprof

Tech Studio mis-shipped all K02 Wranglerstar kits and the 2, K03's were not included. Very sorry to those who were waiting for theirs. We've notified them and are waiting on a response. The K02's are shipping.

George

Can anyone tell me how well the clamp's hold a knife,I have have the Lansky and Gatco system and hated them with a passion because they always allowed the blade to move around in them.

Also has anyone tried using Duct or masking tape on the inside of these jaws to stop the jaws from marring the blade and does that effect how well it holds the blade.

Can anyone tell me how well the clamp's hold a knife,I have have the Lansky and Gatco system and hated them with a passion because they always allowed the blade to move around in them.

Also has anyone tried using Duct or masking tape on the inside of these jaws to stop the jaws from marring the blade and does that effect how well it holds the blade.

The clamps on the TSProf are designed to hold with high force, up to 100 lbs, so there is no movement.
We recommend using blue painter's tape to protect the knife surface from scratches. It adheres adequately, yet is easily removed after sharpening without leaving any adhesive residue.

George

It's better to tape the knife as S.T.A.T.E.S said... if you tape the jaws and the tape becomes contaminated... you can scratch the knife anyway.

I have found packing tape to work better. A quality, thick, packing tape. It does not soak up water and wipes clean easy between stones. The clamps hold very well if tightened enough.

I have found packing tape to work better. A quality, thick, packing tape. It does not soak up water and wipes clean easy between stones. The clamps hold very well if tightened enough.

When you say packing tape are you referring to the clear plastic type or the brown type that appear to be made more from paper with a plastic coating? I am not talking about the wet to stick glass reinforced paper tapes; I am talking about the types that have pressure sensitive adhesives.

Hello Guys!

I have to say sorry for the mistake with shipping too. K03 will be shipped approximately on this week.

Also, don`t forget about extra attachments for your order

I am talking about the clear packing tape. The tape the post office sells is very good. It is thick and durable. Painters tape starts to peel up from the water half way through sharpening. Clean the blade of all oils and dirt so the packing tape sticks good and it will work great.

We updated the stock information on our website to accurately reflect stock on hand as of 18 July. You can order with confidence anything that shows stock is on hand and expect next day shipment via either UPS or USPS.

Thanks for letting us meet all your needs for TSProf kits and accessories.
George

We have added Removable Tables (knife holder plates) to our catalog. Follow the "S.T.A.T.E.S. - New items" thread in the
Dealers for Sale forum under Gadgets & gear for sale.

Let us know if you would like us to add regular Single and Double Clamps to the catalog. One customer is interested but that can be handled as a one-off if there aren't others.

George

Caution...owners of older K02 units should not order any clamps using the new fixing units without requesting old steel fixing units. A customer just informed us that they will not mount in the older bars with a narrow slot. We are contacting Tech Studio to see if they can provide a supply of the older steel fixing units to retrofit new clamps.

Edited: Solution found...if you order new clamps and tell us that you have a K02 with the older, narrow slotted bar, we will retrofit them with the old steel fixing units until we run out of old fixing units. (Tech Studio sending us 50 old fixng units)

We apologize for any inconvenience.
George

Last edited:
The last K02 Wranglerstar kit in our inventory has been sold. We will have more in stock about 9 August. If we can get more before then we will let you know. There are many accessories still in stock.

Thanks for your interest and support.
George

just to make sure before I order, Can you send me the table adapter with the old fixing units for my k02?
To answer your question, yes, we can send you old fixing units to go with the Removable Table adapter.

But, what I don't know is whether old fixing units can be placed on them. I asked Tech Studio about compatibility with older K02's and the answer I got back was "Yes, old removable table fit in the new frame". Which left me more confused. I advise waiting until I get the removable tables in, along with the old fixing units. Then I will know for certain what fits what. I wish I had a close up, rear view picture of the table showing the fixing units.

Stay tuned for more info!
George

Good news! We will be getting more K02 Wranglerstar kits this week. We have updated the stock
information on our website to reflect the expected arrival. I recommend putting in your order so you
can be sure to get one before they run out again.

Thanks for your support.
George

More good news! Actual shipping cost for K02 Wranglerstar kit is lower than website estimate. Total shipped cost via UPS ground is less than $529.

We have modified the banner on the home page to reflect actual cost. Why wait? Orders in by 10 a.m. go out by 2 p.m. same business day. K02 Wranglerstar kits are on hand and ready to be ordered.

S.T.A.T.E.S. is always striving to provide you the best service at the highest quality at reasonable cost.
George

Edited: There is another thread that describes difficulties two users of K02's have had with uneven bevels on the blades they sharpened. We put up two posts to solve and avoid this problem. To all new owners, please read your User's Manual and perform the alignments, especially of the clamps, that are described before sharpening your knives.

Last edited:
Hi!
Long time no see!

Here the fresh review for sharpener form our Canadian friend:

Back