Testing a Strider

From the looks of it, he was not a potential customer. Look a few posts up at nyeti's post. Buttmaster had already purchased a Busse. He just wanted to whine about Strider. Maybe a few months ago he was a potential customer, but not when Mick posted his reply. Strider can run their business anyway they want. I like their knives so I buy them, end of story.

Yes, I was a potential customer I was considering buying of of the BT's or the MT-L from TAD, even after I bought my Busse. I can own more than one knife. yes I did check with TAD, Badass Knifes, Oso Garand and vinnies posts. No one had the large full size knife models at the time.

This thing is still going?
Let it die.
BUSHMASTER100,
I have no issues with you. You were out of line so I stepped on your dick. That is the way life works. I truly hope your happy with your Busse. They are great knives. Good luck on your deployment and thanks for your service.

Ketsugo,
You don't know anyone involved yet you decided to come on over and tell me what an a$$hole I am, and that you will never do business with me.
You have WAY to much time on your hands.
From your posts it appears you are a martial arts instructor.
Maybe I should come to your place of business and tell you what a bitch you are.
Maybe you will say "Hey your right, do you still want instruction?".
More likely you would jump my ass.

Don't be a hypocrite.

Mick

Post Script: I spoke to Chris Reeve recently, he said to tell you to fck off.

Mick,
I wouldn't jump your ass, nor tell you are right. I would however, ask you if you wanted to step on the mat. If you accepted, it would then be my great pleasure to make you tap, in short order. Then, I would offer you a discount (since you are retired military) on some lessons.

Best regards,
JW

You know, this whole customer service thing which seems to prevail at every level of sales these days, doesn't make sense alot of times. If you're looking to buy a product, and it's the one you want or need, then buy the damn product. Do you really need to agree with the person who makes/sells it? When I go to buy a car I want a fair price and a good warranty. I don't care if the salesman has a cavalier attitude. If I decided that's the truck I want, I go to the nearest dealer that has a fair price.

If you buy a Strider to use, your using the knife, not Mick's personality. You get a great knife, and if it breaks, they fix it. If Mick thinks your an a$$hole you still get a great knife that they will fix.

I have a buddy that's always taking his buisiness else where because of some customer service issue. Now he spends alot of his time driving further to get inferior products, but hey, HE gets customer service.
Will Mick lose any sleep because you don't buy his knife? Probably not. Will you lose any sleep knowing you have to rely on a Busse instead of a Strider?......... I would.

Ketsugo,
Well put. Thank you.
That doesn't however fit the character you display in coming into this post looking for a fight.

"Who the hell would do business with someone who talks this kind of trash about a potential
customer on a public forum.

Mick, you are an A$$HOLE!"

Would have been more like, "Hey Mick, I think you were a little harsh. Maybe you should apologize to him".

Note that you are the only person in the thread that has voices outrage. I'm sure they are out there. But you posted.
Check the mirror dude.

Its hard to know yourself.
Don't be a hypocrite.

Lets move on.

Mick

Mick,
In many ways, you and I are a lot alike. We are both outspoken. Neither of us gives a sh!t what others think of us. I do respect that in you, I just happen to disagree with the way you handled this situation. Just because I call you an a$$hole, doesn't mean I would jump you. I am NOT a violent person. I just want to make that clear. And I agree, it's time to move on. We have both said our piece and can agree to disagree (I hope).

Cooper,
I don't function that way. For example, even though Russell Crow is a fine actor, I won't pay to see his films. I don't want to put a single dime in his pocket, because he is an a arrogant ass. Same goes for products. I wouldn't buy any Pepsi product when they hired that lying c#nt Geraldine Ferraro (I know I'm dating myself). I could go on, but you think you get my point. I am a man of conviction, and stick to my beliefs.

Best regards to all,
JW

"Will you lose any sleep knowing you have to rely on a Busse instead of a Strider?......... I would." - Cooper

;) :D :D

Very entertaining thread, maybe a moderator should close it. I have sure learned a lot from this.

To bad BUSHMASTER100 is a stupid jerk. I recieved a e-mail from him on 03-01-02 asking why I've been converted from Busse to Strider for military use. Sent him a rather long reply consting of cut and pastes I made on another fourm when somebody asked about knives. Never did recieve a reply from him, but he's bitching about not recieveing a reply from the Strider guys. Seems he should answer his e-mails if he expects to recieve a answer.

No doubt he's one of the whinney little punks playing grown up and if/when he deploys will be in for a rude awaking. That is unless his idea of a deployment is to some cushey stateside assignment augmenting active duty troops. He also proclamed to be in my career field. Hope someday our pathes cross and we can have a man to boy chat.

Ketsugo,
Seperate from everything else, I thank you for your kind words. I would however pass them on to the regualar active duty guys that are over there doing the job.

Shrike9,
I am one of those stateside activated guys that has only been augmenting the active duty guys. I am also in your career field. I also got hit while at work by an idiot female guard person who ran the gate hitting me and another guy. Now my back is F****d up and my tibial nerve in my right leg isn't working. (It's strange to watch them stick needles in your leg and know you should be feeling it but you don't.) I'm not whining, just pointing out that S**t can happen anywhere.

Later.

Originally posted by Lewis

Shrike9,
I am one of those stateside activated guys that has only been augmenting the active duty guys. I am also in your career field. I also got hit while at work by an idiot female guard person who ran the gate hitting me and another guy. Now my back is F****d up and my tibial nerve in my right leg isn't working. (It's strange to watch them stick needles in your leg and know you should be feeling it but you don't.) I'm not whining, just pointing out that S**t can happen anywhere.

Later.

Dude, in lots of ways getting called up for active duty is harder on the reserves than us. You have a life outside the military while I don't and can't till I retire. That alone makes it harder on you and you're families. Trust me I wish we could have you guys supporting us but we're PRP'd and unable to have any outside units support us. You're getting injured on active duty just compounds that.

My problem with goober boy is how he presented himself both here and in the e-mail he sent. After seeing what & when he posted it really looks like he was nothing but a troll trying to stir up crap. The way he presented himself leads me to believe that he's a whimp and somebody that will run to mommy anythime he's confronted, not to mention the kind of guy that bitches and moans about everything, how it's never his fault and that he's been unjustly wronged. I'm sure you know exactly the crybabby type I'm talking about.

Whats funny is getting back on now and saying that he was still going to buy a Strider to supplement his Busse and was still a potential customer. Thats weird, in his post on the Busse forum on 030402, he stated how glad he was to have choosen the Busse INSTEAD of the Strider. He also made a big deal about how he wants all these test results before he spends $300. I could care less if he wants to buy a Busse, I have owned them in the past myself. The problem I have that I am trying to politely answer this little turds question originally like he is some novice who needs some help. The fact is he/she is a liar and a keyboard commando who is trying to piss all over the Strider guys. Mick and Duane can take care of themselves, and really could give a flying crap about this guy, but I still don't like bald faced dishonorable liars, especially when they claim to be wearing a uniform of this country's armed forces. Sorry if I take this stuff personally, but Mick and Duane are great friends of mine. I am well aware of their being too busy to return phone calls in a timely manner (I prefer them to be grinding than talking to me). Again, I just don't like liars. Bushmaster went with his second choice (which was not a bad one) in the Busse and now wants to justify this by playing juvenile little girl games on the forums.

Originally posted by Ketsugo
For what it's worth, I'm not siding with BUSHMASTER100. I was simply voicing MY opinion as to the Strider philosophy, or lack there of, on Customer Relations. I would NEVER do business with anyone with such a cavalier attitude. If you all want to continue to do business with someone who treats SOME of his potential customers like sh!t that's your prerogative.

Ketsugo (love the Rott picture, BTW), I have an honest question for you. If you're against Strider (which is implicit in your posts in this thread), why do you keep showing up here?? :confused: I mean, in this or any forum, people tend to show up because they either (1) are interested in the particular topic/product (Strider in this case); (2) they are trolling, or just looking for trouble; (3) they "have a dog in the hunt."

I would rule out (1) since you seem to be against Strider. You don't seem to have a dog in this one, from what I've seen in this thread, so I'd rule out (3). Which leaves (2), or some other one that escapes me.

Is there another reason?

Thanks, he is a good big boy. I do have a dog in this fight in a sense. See page three of this thread, and you will see how I got here. When I read it, I felt compelled to post (I'm very outspoken).

From page three...

Reed,
I never wined. But I did point out the finish shortcomings of the AR in the fit and finish department. Want to know how I came across this thread? OK I'll tell you anyway. I received the following e-mail from a friend (who will remain nameless).

Hi John,

Once again, I was about to order a Strider when Mick just had to post this on his forum (in the "testing a Strider" thread)...

Hey gosh...Im really sorry we didn't make you feel more special.
No one held your hand or gave you a big hug or anything.
And here you are about to go away.
Don't forget your tampons. Etc.

Mick just lost another customer he admittedly doesn't care about.

image-display

Back