The “Can’t leave anything alone” Thread

A little flipper tab tweek...
hlBAEst.jpg

...& another FT tweek...
3ECNZjF.jpg

...finally, a blasting from @razor-edge-knives.
FQKCXOo.jpg

Nice!!! Josh @razor-edge-knives does amazing work!! Your T1 looks great!!
I did similar to my T1. Found it slippery so I half blasted it... Lower half blasted, upper half original finish.
B0D5E32B-7E31-4337-9CF1-5365174F3469.jpeg C249FCAD-4A90-4DF6-99A9-8905D06F9529.jpeg

this thing needed a diet, still haven't decided on the spots pivot, it seemed a bit much on the show side, might try and find something bigger than existing screw and smaller than original. voodoo resins scale with white g-10 liner. makes the weight perfect now.IMG_20200112_223711.jpg

I was reawakened to this thread again and went back in my files to pull out my first Griptilian and first pair of aftermarket scales. I got these from the Big River Site where I initially found our friend Igorded who had these green canvas Micartas pre-made and for sale there along with plain Ti standoffs and screws. This simple mod opened the floodgates for both the acquisition of more Grips, the changing of scales, and tinkering with and tweaking my knives.

6mVUPEV.jpg

B7vn0E9.jpg

There are some modifications in this thread that I can't decide if I love or hate.
What I love all the way around is the fact that people are doing what they like and making their knives truly their's.

Some that really got me were the folks tearing into a CRK which is supposedly immaculate from the factory.
I don't think I could ever bring myself to do that. The mods I saw on CRKs looked top notch, however.
Good work coupled with the fact that these individuals had the balls and know-how to do such a thing makes me respect it.
I also love the fact that we/ they really don't worry about a bunch of purist naysayers. They do what they like!
That's the way it should be.

For purists that are solely collectors, purchasing a knife is "the end" in many ways.
Don't get me wrong, I have respect for these people as well. I'm almost envious of their clean, organized collections.
They preserve the history of our passion.
It's just that for modders and true everyday users of blades, purchasing a knife is only the beginning of evolution, and that is the most exciting for me.

May we all grind, carve, shred, and slice everyday we can!

Here I go again, wrecking CRK’s . Haha. Korean Hog Korean Hog (all jokes)

Who needs a Sebenza 31 when you can just fill the locating hole with a MOP inlay on a Large Damascus Sebenza 21. This time I recessed the MOP, and made a larger chamfer on the hole. Twas fun!
B1567DF3-74BE-41FE-BDFA-0DB23DFE9C88.jpeg

Did a little heat coloring on a Lionsteel Opera...which is a fantastic knife by the way.
9FD0C789-0AE6-4D1C-A310-9D32A1C3B699.jpeg
6846229A-0461-4B95-AB84-BA180D904C1B.jpeg

Thanks to all who have been contributing to this thread! :)

Here I go again, wrecking CRK’s . Haha. Korean Hog Korean Hog (all jokes)

Who needs a Sebenza 31 when you can just fill the locating hole with a MOP inlay on a Large Damascus Sebenza 21. This time I recessed the MOP, and made a larger chamfer on the hole. Twas fun!
View attachment 1269493

Did a little heat coloring on a Lionsteel Opera...which is a fantastic knife by the way.
View attachment 1269491
View attachment 1269492

Thanks to all who have been contributing to this thread! :)
Man the 21 looks sharp brother. Really nice work. Love the modded CRK's you own. Your the one that inspired me to have my insingo done.

Back